SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
SeatGeek Co-Founder Jack Groetzinger
Jack Groetzinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Despite an ambitious product timeline, work-life balance is still very reasonable and flexible" (in 7 reviews)

• "Incredible work environment and great people" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical growing pains of a startup becoming a growth company" (in 13 reviews)

• "No hand-holding, you need to make things happen yourself" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Love working here!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are awesome & I really feel as though I'm a valuable part of the team. All ideas are welcome during the product development process & there is a ton of collaboration. I really appreciate how transparent upper-management is and how accessible they are.

Cons

Sometimes the candy drawer runs out of Kit Kats. Other than that, no!

Advice to Management

Keep on being transparent and prioritizing team events as the team continues to expand.

2. "Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Standout culture: The people here are incredibly smart but also extremely willing to help and teach. I love working with my team and cross-functionally to solve problems and create new solutions for open ticketing.

Opportunity for career advancement: Lots of great L&D opportunities, and ability to own larger projects.

Transparency: everything at our company is extremely open and honest - we understand why decisions are being made and what their implications are.

Cons

KPI-driven: This isn't inherently a bad thing, but sometimes our company is too focused on reaching our OKRs and that ends up hindering progress that we should have been making.

3. "Great Culture and Transparency"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seatgeek has an amazing culture that is extremely inclusive. This makes it an extremely fun place to work. On top of this, weekly all team lunches provide a great level of transparency into all aspects of the company. Everything from team projects to company performance is discussed so you always feel like you have a grasp on how things are going.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a startup becoming a growth company. Nothing major!

4. "Love it here!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

SG is a company that truly trusts its employees to do their jobs and push themselves.

Cons

By allowing employees to push themselves, it makes us slightly susceptible to burn-out, but the perks and company culture help alleviate that risk.

Advice to Management

The relaxed atmosphere and lack of urgency for decision-making is mostly good, but can be frustrating at times.

5. "Excellent place to work and grow your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Best part of working at SeatGeek are the people, hands down. Overall talent bar is exceptionally high and the people are some of the most humble, down to earth folks that I've worked with.
    - Innovative product, disrupting the industry that's been mired in status quo.
    - Lots of opportunities for growth and advancement - the company has grown a lot, and continues to grow, so plenty of ways to make an impact.
    - Competitive perks, benefits, beautiful office with great amenities, events, lots of opportunities to socialize and mingle.
    - Overall culture. SeatGeek clearly cares about its employees and employee happiness always seems to be a priority.

Cons

- Some of the internal tools and processes haven't caught up to the new size/scale.
    - We are beginning to experience meeting creep and generally, more administrative overhead.
    - Some managers are not as experienced. I know SeatGeek has been trying to address this through additional trainings and just hiring more senior leaders.

6. "Exceptionally smart and interesting business"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very smart and self-sufficient; the business and industry are really fascinating and fun to learn about; people are generally willing to help and develop people

Cons

Culture can sometimes be sports heavy for those not interested in that space

7. "Transparency and Culture"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The amount of transparency at SeatGeek has been a breath of fresh air. Management is committed to constantly keep the employees aware of all the good and the bad going on. I have been part of companies who have struggled to get out of the "start-up" label to go on to become a real business and have seen the pitfalls and hurdles. SeatGeek is taking it head on with amazing direction and conviction from the entire company. They have held on to the culture that one would find in a smaller company and actively tries to keep it at the forefront and balances it with the rapid growth. There is a real sense of camaraderie between people who have been here years or months.

Cons

We're going to need more space.

8. "No longer a startup in the business sense, but still has all of the great startup culture benefits!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The two best things about working at SeatGeek are the transparency and the people. The company is incredibly open with its employees, which creates an atmosphere where people are fully aware and bought it, and can really thrive. This is then combined with an incredibly talented group of employees, who push each other to be the best they can possibly be. There is not a day that goes by at SeatGeek where I don't learn something new.

Cons

The company has grown quickly (which is a good thing), but has started to lose the "know everyone by name" vibe.

9. "Exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- High growth company in the middle of an industry shift
    - Large amount of responsibility given to junior employees
    - Getting to see tens of thousands of people use SG to get into AT&T Stadium or the Superdome
    - Incredibly transparent management, great long-term vision
    - SG truly cares about providing delightful experiences for users
    - Great ideas come from everyone on the team, not just from upper-level decision makers
    - The most amazingly library-quiet open plan office with great common space for small meetings or hanging out
    - Engineering team gets to work with modern technologies, but doesn't always blindly follow the latest "trend"
    - Despite an ambitious product timeline, work-life balance is still very reasonable and flexible

Cons

- Minor growing pains as the company figures out how to transition from startup to medium size company
    - Have completely outgrown current office facilities, meeting rooms are really tricky to come by
    - Still learning how to balance being a consumer-facing company with having high-value team clients

10. "Love being a part of change in the industry"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

SeatGeek is starting to disrupt the ticketing industry. It is exciting to be a part of the company that is truly focused on the customer. It is clear from top to bottom that we want to make it easier for the average person to see more events live.

Cons

SeatGeek has a unique culture that may not be for everyone. We are casual but also very hard working.