SeatGeek Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2020

4.4
SeatGeek Founder Jack Groetzinger
Jack Groetzinger
Pros
  • "Empowering work environment, notion that you're making an impact and owning the work that you do(in 13 reviews)

• "You work hard, but there is a good work life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with every "hyper growth" startup, some growing pains(in 18 reviews)

• "There are no cons; this is a fantastic job(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great culture with great people"

Former Employee - Content Analyst

I worked at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

- Good Culture - Good Perks - Strong Management

Cons

- Not really any cons at all

"SeatGeek"

I worked at SeatGeek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people throughout the company are generally excellent, hard-working, ambitious and willing collaborators. The capacity and often the execution of transparency is great. As a reactionary company, the solutions to any reaction are well focused and executed. Some newly hired leaders who have the potential to really level up Leadership and Management at SeatGeek have emerged over the last 2 years. When SeatGeek Leadership focuses on an issue it is typically solved strategically, creatively and the end result is a verifiable net positive. If you're fortunate enough to have a great manager your experience will be exponentially better. The perks/benefits are good overall.

Cons

While the people at SeatGeek are a plus, there isn't much diversity to go around. It'd be really impressive, were it not so disappointing, to have a company based in New York City be as white as SeatGeek. Management training/guidance is non-existent, the company is very good at saying that they value employees, they are not great at showing it. The company has shown no desire for fostering internal growth/mentorship. People Managers are left to own devices: If they're bad and stifling or ruining a report's career development, it is not an issue. If they are great and actively supporting and promoting growth/mentorship, it is ignored. As a result, bad People Managers are allowed to thrive and good People Managers tend to leave in frustration. Accountability, like people management, is dependent on the individual. If an individual doesn't hold themselves accountable, it is unlikely that anyone else will. It is a very reactionary company. Proactive improvements, especially internally, are rare. They do exist, but they are not standard. The D in D&I is improving. The I is less than ideal. There is a clear hierarchy of teams that leadership feeds into, though they may not be aware that they do so. Product is at the top of the mountain, CX is at the bottom. There is a lot of siloing. Efforts to improve cross-functional work and collaboration is often ignored or not prioritized.

Continue reading

"Smart, humble people working on interesting problems"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

- Highly productive team - Clear, direct communication from leadership - Smart, humble coworkers - No one has a "that's not my job" attitude - people are willing to roll their sleeves up - New office - Product and brand you can feel proud of I really can't say enough about how much I respect this team and leadership. There is tons of room to take ownership of interesting problems but there is also a clear vision guiding overall product direction. The live events industry is going through a lot right now, but I am confident that SeatGeek will come out stronger on the other side.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

"Tough times"

4.0

I worked at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Good people and company culture

Cons

Siloed departments, lack of growth opportunity

"Great team, not a great job."

1.0
    Former Employee - Event Expert in New York, NY

I worked at SeatGeek full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great perks including $120 per month toward a live event and Seamless if certain hours/days were worked in-office. Peers were great to work with and there's a strong team feeling.

Cons

Little room for upward mobility. Very underpaid role considering it's based in NYC, and management/exec team will not discuss the CX staff's requests for increase in wage to match the cost of living. Needs work on D&I, and there's a lot of information siloing that happens. Many stipulations of the employment contract were changed after being hired with no notice.

Continue reading
  6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Love working here. Great team and mission

Cons

I can't really think of any

7. "SeatGeek is an awesome company"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work perks and a great culture

Cons

Competitive salary, and career pathing transparency

"Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at SeatGeek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked here for 3 years. The company is really fun, with a strong focus on helping our users have a great experience at live events. Employees care a lot about our user's experience, and everyone uses the app to go to live event through the $120 ticket perk a month you can spend on the app. The people are very helpful and open to collaboration and answering questions, so the onboarding process is not intimidating. The technology stack in evolving in positive ways, and recent strategic hires on the eng side has helped push improvement faster and in smarter ways. The tech stack makes it very easy to prototype and deploy projects. Over all monitoring and testing is very good, so production problems tend to happen rarely. The barrier to getting out a project is very low so you can have a lot of impact and see results quickly. It's a great place to grow you career and make some good friends. I really miss working here. They were in the process of moving to a huge beautiful new office when I left, and the amenities and office were top notch before the move. I left to move my family to a different city, not for any problem with the company.

Cons

Middle management has been improving but needs to improve more. At one point everyone reported to the VP of Engineering, which wasn't sustainable, and they've been adding better Engineering Managers, but they still need more.

"SeatGeek is the clear leader in the ticketing space"

Current Employee - Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time for more than a year

Pros

- We're continually innovating and looking for new ways to improve the ticketing industry - We're continuing to grow in size since I joined - We haven't lost core parts of our culture since I joined - Unlimited vacation

Cons

- No cons that I can think of

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazing culture, D&I Initiatives, tons of ERG groups that pertain to a range of interests -Smart and friendly coworkers, sense of community -Autonomy in roles and across teams -Snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, holiday and summer parties -AMAZING perks ($120 monthly ticket stipend), free Spotify, free citibike , great healthcare benefits -Work life balance -Bright happy office with good vibes

Cons

no cons to share

Found 119 reviews