SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
SeatGeek Co-Founder Jack Groetzinger
Jack Groetzinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Incredible work environment and great people" (in 10 reviews)

• "Nice, smart people working together to build a beautiful product" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "We're going through normal growing pains as a company, but just ensuring that we scale wisely" (in 8 reviews)

• "No cons - best place I have worked in my career" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company, great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very smart, hardworking people with no ego
    - High growth environment but still really focused on keeping the same culture
    - Tons of internal growth potential
    - Transparency from the executive team
    - Very collaborative environment
    - Tons of office snacks and drinks (Kombucha and cold brew on tap)

Cons

- Growing out of the space a bit, hard to book conference rooms etc. but the office ops team is doing a great job of coming up with creative work arounds for the time being

"High-growth & Rewarding"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SeatGeek is growing quickly which gives people exposure to new challenges, and helps you learn a lot, quickly. The culture is also great - communication is open and happens often, making it easier to stay in tune with what other teams are working on, and stay motivated!

Cons

Because we're growing quickly, we're also running out of space. Our team here does a great job managing the space and being accommodating, but it will be nice to have a larger space down the road!

3. "The best company I’ll every work for!"

Pros

SeatGeek is an awesome place to work! The culture combined with everyone’s passion towards re-shaping the ticketing industry makes this an ideal workplace.

Cons

Sometimes they run out of the free Guacamole

4. "Mission-oriented and talented team; well-intentioned but flawed leadership and organization"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very talented, smart individual team-members in NYC
    - Super driven mission and exciting new partnerships to work on
    - Kind co-workers, very well intentioned efforts to maintain relationships and happiness of employees especially in NY
    - Intentional efforts to scale; people understand challenges and are working to fix it

Cons

- Leadership team does not have true organizational discipline - e.g, planning for board meeting takes weeks/months; new OKRs each quarter are frantically generated with little long-term and team thinking
    - Mixed experience/tenure from leadership team (many first time C-level execs)
    - Mixed experience from front-line managers (lots of first time managers)

5. "Best Tech Company to work for in NYC"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, smart people working together to build a beautiful product

Cons

None, SeatGeek rocks! Not enough passionfruit La Croix!

6. "Truly the best place to work"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SG genuinely cares about its employees. The Office Ops team really cares about making the workplace somewhere we enjoy being whether it's through great snacks or events. Our HR team also makes sure we have great benefits and perks from fantastic medical insurance to Citibike membership. We're well taken care of.

Cons

Gym membership isn't the best. We're going through normal growing pains as a company, but just ensuring that we scale wisely.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. Letting employees voice concerns makes them feel heard and respected.

"Decent, but not without its flaws."

Former Employee - Product in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product in New York, NY

I worked at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great office perks and employee engagement
    - Transparency amongst leadership
    - Business is on an upward trajectory and highly ambitious
    - Smart, young, talented individuals working here
    - Fairly well-established meritocracy that rewards good work

Cons

- Very little diversity within teams (except maybe CX)
    - Leadership very evidently employs a “what have you done for me lately?” mindset
    - Certain business functions lack adequate support and headcount
    - Less than ideal compensation levels

Advice to Management

- Hiring strategies should include looking at people not only who fulfill the preferred qualifications, but also those who come from diverse educational and working backgrounds. Diverse perspectives in the workplace are essential to innovation and sustained business growth. Engineering and product are incredibly male-dominated here, and even in other roles, you can tell that everyone fits a certain profile in those positions. With the exception of Enterprise employees (most of which were acquired) and CX, if you look at the team pages, the racial diversity seems fairly hard to come by as well.
    - When results and KPIs are the only thing you pay attention to, and not also the learning process itself, you become oblivious to the problems that can really eat away at the core of your organization. There are some processes utilized at SeatGeek that have higly flawed logic and execution, but remain due to politics and inadequate process reviews. This is the typical struggle with scaling companies, but the fact that certain processes aren’t even in consideration for re-evaluation is very troubling.
    - There are some teams that don’t have adequate headcount to support the initiatives they intend to take on, and as a result, many crucial initiatives remain in the backlog for long amounts of time. Quality should not suffer as a result of massive hiring needs, and the hiring plan for some teams needs to be far more aggressive. However, certain teams don’t get the traction they need, again due to politics. This also ties into compensation, and there seems to be a sentiment that a good number of employees are paid lower than market rate, which could be a reason why some teams have trouble hiring.
    - In all, SeatGeek is a decent company to work for. But after a closer look, some teams are not on a good trajectory, which is worrisome.

8. "SeatGeek is definitely one of NYC's best companies to work at"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with. The company offers great benefits & perks. The company is incredibly transparent and people in leadership roles constantly strive to be thoughtful of every employee.

Cons

SG is growing very fast, which can be a bit jarring at times. This is not so much an issue so much as it's creating a lot of changes to the work culture. And change is always tough to handle whether its positive or negative. But SG seems to be navigating these waters surprising well.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and thoughtful with employees.

9. "Great people and opportunity to contribute + grow"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really smart and great people, opportunities to contribute and grow with the company, business is doing great

Cons

Can have some long hours, but typically because people care about their work and want to do things well.

"fast growth, strong management team, high employee rentention"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-really nice, smart, competent people work here. SeatGeek puts so much time and energy into our hiring process, and it really shows! the people who work here want to be here. people work hard, and very few people are jerks.
    -nice physical office space - sooo much food/snacks/beverages, and the list of perks are always growing. we are running out of space to put everyone but the space we do have is glorious.
    -the company consistently promotes people from within and reward high performers through title changes and salary bumps.
    -flexible work environment. employees are encouraged to stay home when they are sick.
    -amazing transparency from executive team - employees at every level feel like they know what's going on with the company.
    -busy/fast-paced, but i've never felt like expectations were unreasonable or like I had to put in crazy hours to get my job done (but this will definitely depend on which department you work in)
    -very exciting time to be part of this company. we are poised to change the ticketing industry and it's so cool to be part of that.

Cons

-no 401K match. reasons from exec team as to why they don't do a match aren't compelling. this is the number one improvement to the benefit package that i hope to see made. first job where I've never had a 401K match.
    -there are still some major kinks to work out in the product that can be frustrating. there are simply not enough developers to work on all the features and bug fixes needed to move forward.

Advice to Management

-please continue being so transparent with employees about going-ons within the company.
    -keep recognizing good work, promoting from within, and creating tracks for advancement
    -keep investing in making SeatGeek a great place to work