SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Jack Groetzinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Ridiculously. Awesome. Growth opportunities abound."

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No micromanagement. Lots of freedom of expression, UI freedom if desired, great hours. The benefits are ridiculously awesome: constant supply of basically anything you want for beer, wine, liquor, soda, juice, snacks, lunch foods. There's beer on tap and cold brew coffee on tap (both on nitro) thanks to an awesome hackathon project… whenever people join the company there are team happy "hour"s. There are also regular team events (often drinking, but SeatGeek tries to do other things like going to see Arcade Fire (recently), bowling, indoor paintball, etc. There's incredible growth going on right now having just recently secured a large round of funding (despite being in good financial position) to grow the company quickly (employees, audience).

Cons

I'm really having to grasp at straws to fill this out, which I think is a good sign… I feel like people are going to think I'm just fluffing if I leave this blank, which is unfortunate because I truly am having a hard time coming up with something. Oh well.

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Get to work with the smartest people. Hours are reasonable. Work is super engaging and fast paced. Company is amazingly transparent. All of the classic tech perks (snacks, vacation, ping pong, beer)

Cons

Really nothing to complain about at all.

3. "Amazing team working on awesome product"

Pros

Incredibly smart, talented, and friendly coworkers. Strong product focus and transparent, flexible culture without BS or bureaucracy. All the benefits, perks, and fun times you can handle.

Cons

No cons here - this is unambiguously the best place I’ve ever worked.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"SeatGeek is the best kept secret (in terms of job opportunity) in the start-up world"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the team in 2015 and couldn't be happier. SG is better than what you could hope for in terms of an office culture and place to learn and grow. Transparency is a top priority as well as team happiness and development.

Benefits and salary are generous and dynamic. Snack game is on point. Every single person is excited to come in to work every day and work on a great product. There is a lot of creative freedom as well as personal freedom.

Cons

I have nothing horrible or terrible to say that is imperative for someone who is looking to apply or accept an offer here.

"Truly amazing company"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People care about you here. They respect your opinions, they listen to what you have to say, they make time for you. Everyone is friendly, we all have a lot of fun and despite the growth and number of people now working at SG, we still have that startup culture of fun, games, company outings, beers, snacks. It's by far the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

It takes a while to get to know everyone since we keep growing but you eventually get to meet and make friends with everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing that thing you're doing.

6. "Simply the Best!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing perks, passionate co-workers, ambitious (but not high-stress) atmosphere

Cons

Things can change very quickly, but it's usually for the better!

7. "SeatGeek genuinely cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

SeatGeek truly cares about its employees and their professional development. It is a team of extremely intelligent and awesome folks with a flat management structure. I really enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

As with any startup, things tend to change quickly - but it's all very exciting!

"Event Expert's Thoughts On The Company"

Current Employee - Event Expert in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SeatGeek is truly the greatest company I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. The team leads and bosses treat each and every employee with respect and make sure that everyone feels important. There is never a dull day working here either; they have cultivated a culture that is fun, fast-paced and truly enriching. I can't say enough nice things about this company. It's an absolute honor and joy to be a part of it.

Cons

There are no cons; this is a fantastic job.

9. "Working at a tech startup is as advertised"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the ping pong table, to the couches, to the wine, working at a tech startup is exactly what you are hoping it will be. Outside of the awesome work environment, everyone at SeatGeek is super smart, and working toward a common goal. Unlike many other companies, you can see the progress the company makes every single month, which is very satisfying.

Cons

The office is getting a bitt too crowded and the company has had to open up satellite offices because it is growing too fast. But a new workspace should be opening soon.

10. "Amazing place to"

Current Employee - Marketing Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from an entirely freelance design background, this is my first real full-time design position and I have to say it's been completely amazing. The culture here is one of the best I've seen. All of the employees are treated incredibly well and it's made clear from your first day that every single person is as important as the next.

There are countless wonderful perks ranging from amazing healthcare to company getaways and every snack and bottled beverage you can stuff in your face. We also get more tee shirts (with awesome designs on them, ahem) than we know what to do with.

Everyone here is also both incredibly friendly as well as impressively talented. I'll also add that everyone here has a great sense of humor too (the majority of our customer service team are literal standup comedians).

Cons

Honestly, none. Been here for nearly a year and have loved every moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doin the same thing you've been doing. The culture here has grown well with the company and I'd hate to see it change in any way.