SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Jack Groetzinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people and a great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SeatGeek has grown a lot, and while it hasn't been without some growing pains, there is still a real commitment to our culture and constant improvement. Leadership is transparent, the company is working towards some really exciting and challenging goals, and the people are truly awesome.

Cons

Like a lot of other companies of our size, we have growing pains from time to time. I think we've done a good job at trying to be more proactive than reactive recently, though.

"Stellar Experience - From Day 1 to Day 360 and Beyond"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The main thing that stands out for me from working at SeatGeek is how deeply every level of management cares about its people. It's the kind of work environment where if you have concerns about your position, or a certain project, there will be someone there to talk it over with to help find a solution. Or, if you think that a certain benefit needs to be added there will always be a thoughtful conversation and an attempt to make reasonable requests come to fruition. The constructive, collective effort to make ticketing a better experience for customers is also found day to day in the office with interactions between co-workers.

- Generous perks & benefits
    - Supportive office environment
    - Inclusive, friendly co-workers
    - Meaningful career growth and a focus on skill improvement
    - Management invests heavily in employee growth
    - An excellent product that makes you proud to say you work at SeatGeek

Cons

Honestly, there aren't many cons I can think of. Everyone has difficult days at any job, but here those bad days are vastly improved by a supportive community and the mindset of looking at failings as an opportunity for learning, growth, and future success.

- Sometimes when I say SeatGeek people think I say SeatGreek
    - Some of the growing pains of a startup are still evident as we continue to grow at a fast rate (onboarding and offboarding are being improved, but still need work)

3. "Great place to work out, awesome environment yet very goal-driven"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

- Startup culture, in the best sense.
    - Great perks that supplement just adequate compensation.
    - No red tapes, action is encouraged.
    - Emphasis on achieving the right work/life balance.

Cons

- Actual compensation could be improved by a lot.
    - Emphasis on meetings and check-ins distract from actual work.

4. "Best company I've ever worked for, best people I've ever worked with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Reasonable flexibility to work on whatever interests you most.
     - The company tends to focus on aligning people & teams, allowing them to get stuff done in the way that's most effective for them.
     - People, especially HR & Executive team truly care about individual growth
     - The entire team seems to really care about the people using the product, whether the "product" means the apps, website, customer support, marketing campaigns, etc
     - The company is on a trajectory to become a billion+ dollar company, and is working hard toward reshaping what most would call a broken industry
     - Many team events are awesome, but Workation (a yearly event where everyone in the company goes on a company-planned & paid vacation for a few days) is the best. Great opportunities to get to know people outside your immediate work function
     - People are very open to feedback/questions about what they're working on

Cons

- No bike parking & the building owners/staff in NYC set weird rules (no rolling luggage greater than 22" in width in the lobby, no bikes in elevator (hence no bike parking))
     - Occasionally can have very busy times (especially with the seasonality of live events) where teams must align & focus on absolutely getting things done, and done well

5. "Analyst"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Love the transparency, teamwork, and fun work environment. Everyone's always very willing to drop what they're doing and help. I never dread coming into work. Even when I'm busy, I'm having a good time

+snacks
    +coffee & drinks
    +cool office

Cons

Not really a con but like any start-up, some things require you to take initiative and create the processes you'd like to have in place

"Exciting time for an awesome company"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, autonomous, data-driven, creative approach to normal channels, user-focused, and a great work hard, play hard mentality. I've never been more excited about SG's future than right now, and we have awesome, hard-working, crazy smart people that make being a part of the grind incredibly fun.

Cons

Being a young company that is experiencing a ton of growth comes with very real growing pains, specifically around effective structure/ managers and work balance. Overall, these don't overshadow the positives, but SG definitely still has room to improve in these areas.

Advice to Management

SeatGeek people are the product, and people aren't replaceable no matter what team they're on.

"Disappointing company"

I worked at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at SeatGeek 2 years before I quit for another job.

- Some amazing people and mentors
    - Very nice perks & office

Cons

- A lot of inertia: projects that were core to our value proposition remained in the backlog for more than 2 years.
    - Very Political environment
    - No opportunity for growth because of the inertia and the politics
    - Little diversity
    - No Cross-teams Collaboration
    - Not taking Music & the Arts seriously enough. Very Sports-focused.

Advice to Management

- Improve your Hiring Strategy and give more opportunities to your employees. The requirements and years of experience you look for are often absurd considering what people you hire will actually end-up doing. You should give your employees more opportunities to showcase their skills and train some of them into great managers.

- Improve cross-teams collaboration. Especially between CX, Product and Marketing. Also "Aligned Do-It-Yourself" being one of the company's values subtly translates this lack of collaboration.

- Improve QA and Quality Standards in you work and your service.

- Improve the company culture: have management be more approachable, interest your-self in your employees. Also be more down-to-earth, diverse, and less political of an environment.

SeatGeek Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughtful feedback. SeatGeek is growing quite a bit and there are certainly new challenges as we scale teams and initiatives. While we don't have... More

"Great place to learn about startups"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Solid perks (ticket stipend). Tons of really passionate people

Cons

Gap between tech and nontech employees

9. "Marketing Intern"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Amazing environment and people! Encouraged to push yourself and given plenty of opportunities to do meaningful work.

Cons

They won't let me submit this review unless I put something here.

"No Opportunity for Growth"

I worked at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Young, very social culture. Transparency from the top down. Lots of perks (snacks, parties, an education stipend, unlimited sickdays).

Cons

Very low pay, no support to contribute to company creatively, no goals or career path for upward advancement, management seems preoccupied with their own work.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who you are hiring, if you want hard workers who crave challenges you will have to reconsider how you've built the positions you're filling.