SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Reviews

Updated June 5, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "SeatGeek facilitates a positive and encouraging work environment and they are super thoughtful about the employee needs and wants" (in 10 reviews)

• "Nice, smart people working together to build a beautiful product" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "We're growing incredibly quickly which leads to some growing pains" (in 9 reviews)

• "No cons - best place I have worked in my career" (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to work, some growing pains"

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, culture, facilities - all of the priorities seems to be in the right place. I really feel like I've lucked out to be working here - I've grown a lot professionally, and made a lot of friends.

Cons

This company is growing rapidly: in user base, headcount, and revenue. There have been many transitions in just the time I've been here, and a huge number of people are new. Onboarding was rather confusing as a result. It's dizzying and somewhat stressful to have to keep track of many immature systems and practices (technical and non-). And the organization feels somewhat fragile - there are classes of problems ( customer-facing and technical) that we seem under-equipped to to deal with, and, while for now things are fine because $$, I'm not sure how well we'd weather a real storm. Things need time to become mature.

2. "Inspiring and innovative team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Transparent. Open communication. We're looped in about potential big changes when they're still just potential. Your opinions matter and are really valued.
    - THE PEOPLE. The people who work here really make SeatGeek something special. I work with some of the most brilliant, hilarious, positive, caring, and innovative people that I've ever met.
    - Empowering and supportive. You're encouraged to always keep asking "Isn't there a better way we could do this?"

Cons

- Sure, all start-ups can be hard sometimes. If you aren't adaptable and flexible, you might not be happy here.
    - Going through periods of crazy growth can also be difficult. Occasionally it feels like we don't have the number of people that we'd ideally want to have working on some fairly pressing problems.

3. "Great people make a great workplace"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not only are my colleagues incredibly intelligent, hardworking and collaborative - they are all genuinely good people that make coming into work every day a pleasure.

Cons

There are challenges for a company growing from a start up into a unicorn and SeatGeek is not immune to them. All in all these are typically handled very well.

4. "Amazing place to be"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

- fantastic team
    - awesome vision
    - high growth
    - perks and benefits through the roof
    - lots of energy
    - again, the people are amazing
    - really fun industries

Cons

- not for faint of heart! things move fast and you need to work very hard. these are pros for some, cons for others

Advice to Management

Mostly keep it up...also make sure to keep investing in future, investing in team and keeping our customers/fans' experience top of mind.

5. "Glassdoor and the SeatGeek jobs page don't lie - this place is one of a kind."

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

So far SeatGeek is walking the walk far beyond talking the talk. I'm very happy I made the move to join a very talented company. It is very transparent and open. The leadership team are the most approachable, and transparent leaders I've worked with in this industry, extremely honest and very intelligent. The teams are all pulling in the same direction, which makes scale less disruptive than I've experienced at other companies.

Cons

Just the seemingly industry standard pain points of rapid growth, but we're not shy to admit it and are working together to smooth the transition from start up to enterprise.

6. "Literally the BEST place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing culture
    - Awesome people
    - Full transparency

SeatGeek feels like a home and coworkers feel like family. They have focussed very hard on building and maintaining an amazing culture and it shows. I love coming to work everyday, getting to work with super smart people and working on very rewarding projects.

Cons

- No 401k Matching (yet)

7. "I Feel Lucky to Work Here"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We care about our employees. I love that I can get time off or work remotely when I need to with no hassle. Compensation and benefits in general are quite good, and there's been a lot of effort in recent months to learn about what works for people and what doesn't.

We work to avoid complacency. Whether it's making the user experience more seamless, making the office a more comfortable place to work, or helping everyone learn how to give better feedback, there's no shortage of initiatives to make SeatGeek better tomorrow than it is today. We know we can't get lazy.

We have autonomy in our work. We set goals at various levels that help inform the most impactful way I can spend my time, and I'm involved in that goal-setting. Then, I can choose, or work with others to choose, the most effective way to reach those goals. I don't feel micro-managed.

We're growing. The business has changed drastically since I joined 2.5 years ago and I expect even more substantial changes in the next 2.5 years. The fast pace and fresh challenges are fun and inspiring.

Cons

Growth is exciting, but hard. Between scaling teams, processes, the product offering, and technical infrastructure, there are plenty of challenges that can slow down day-to-day progress now and then. While such roadblocks can be frustrating there are also opportunities to work at removing them, which is additional work but also empowering.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback. As we grow, being able to surface potential issues will be vital. Keep hiring fantastic people. Always remember our core values in making decisions.

8. "It's like family."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Great industry to be part of
    Fun and interesting coworkers
    SO MANY SNACKS
    Really nice benefits
    A team that cares about each other
    Nice office
    Free tickets to events

Cons

Because workdays are so fun and full of interesting work it can hard to have true. true work/life balance

Advice to Management

Keep it up, y'all.

9. "Fun, young company!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at SeatGeek is extremely nice and wants to help you grow. Great for anyone starting their career or looking for a job that jumpstarts their passion to learn.

Cons

The office is quiet which is a turn-off for some people, but it allows you to focus which I really like.

10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Nice & talented people who are passionate about the company's mission. Strong collaboration between teams and managers/direct reports. Awesome perks + office.

Cons

None at all so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :)