SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Reviews

Updated November 13, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Despite an ambitious product timeline, work-life balance is still very reasonable and flexible" (in 7 reviews)

• "Incredible work environment and great people" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "We having some growing pains with the quick amount of growth we have had" (in 13 reviews)

• "The company has grown quickly (which is a good thing), but has started to lose the "know everyone by name" vibe" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Love being a part of change in the industry"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

SeatGeek is starting to disrupt the ticketing industry. It is exciting to be a part of the company that is truly focused on the customer. It is clear from top to bottom that we want to make it easier for the average person to see more events live.

Cons

SeatGeek has a unique culture that may not be for everyone. We are casual but also very hard working.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive Salary
    -Amazing Benefits and Perks (seems like were always getting more)
    -Culture of transparency and inclusion
    -Extremely talented people work here
    -Lots of food

Cons

We are growing so quickly that at times some things feel chaotic

3. "Autonomy with support"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of smart people who are willing to help. Employees are trusted which encourages people to learn quickly and take risks. The more I advocate for my own ideas around best practices and the more projects I execute, the more responsibility and autonomy I am given. However, there is no blame game and it is a relaxed atmosphere. I'm truly excited for what I will accomplish with my team here.

Also, lots of fun perks (parties, cold brew, beer, free tickets) and a nice (albeit crowded at the moment!) office in NYC. People here are friendly and there's a nice vibe in the office.

Cons

Diversity is definitely not the best, we're lagging behind on that front. Hopefully with the introduction of the D&I committee we will see that improve. However I think the positive culture lays the groundwork for diversity and I am optimistic about our future.

Advice to Management

D&I are very important and we do not want to be the company left behind in that area.
    Please maintain the positive, relaxed but ambitious culture!

4. "Great company - needs to catch up with itself"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Supportive work environment and great people.
    Opportunity to make your job what you want it to be.
    Great growth opportunity and exposure to many different angles of role.
    Hiring more experienced senior leadership.

Cons

Company has grown too fast - playing catch up on building process and structure.
    Senior leadership from early start up days.

Advice to Management

Slow down and get the structure in place. Assess senior leadership.

5. "Exciting Times For SeatGeek"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Perks perks perks!: The perks we have around the office and through our benefits really help me cut down on my monthly expenses. It's a lot of small things that add up at the end of the month. I don't know how much money I save on coffee (a lot).
    - Culture: My coworkers are a tight-knit but welcoming group of people. I feel like it's never too long before a new employee makes a friend or finds a group that they have something in common with. I feel like this is also really encouraged by the company through different community programs and is always at the forefront of everyone's mind.
    - Personal Growth: As the company grows and expands there are a lot of new opportunities for projects and different ways for people to really stand out and grow into a role that they are passionate about and love. The company also encourages this by allowing a certain spend towards educational materials.
    - Company Growth: SeatGeek is growing and changing, in a good way. So far our internal growth hasn't had too much of a negative impact on our culture (except for some expected growing pains/awkwardness at times) and it's an extremely exciting environment to be a part of.
    - Looking Forward: I feel confident that SG is always looking ahead to improve our product, but also to improve how we treat employees. Really considerate and thoughtful management from the top down.

Cons

- Tall Organizational Structure: This has it's benefits and cons, but as we've grown we've added in a lot of layers to our organizational structure. A lot of times this is great, as we've added in more heads with more experience, but sometimes it causes us to lag on important decisions due to red tape.

Advice to Management

Work on streamlining the process for decision-making when the executive team needs to get involved. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

6. "10/10 would highly recommend!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very smart, cool, and personable people
    -Super exciting mission and growth trajectory
    -Lots of autonomy and opportunities to work on a variety of different projects (and learn from them)
    -Very transparent culture and capable leadership
    -Amazing benefits (Citibike membership, $120 a month to spend on SeatGeek, great snacks/office space, lots of fun events held for employees)
    -Cool opportunities for some people to actually travel to games for our clients (i.e. Saints and Cowboys games)

Cons

-A few small growing pains, such as: who reports to who, it's no longer everyone knows everyone, it's sometimes unclear who owns what and what everyone does. I also think this has led to a slight bit of deadweight (but only a little bit)

Advice to Management

Make it clearer + possible for newer employees to have a solid chance for career progression - it sort of feels like it's pretty tough for newer employees to get promoted over employees who've been at SeatGeek longer (within reason of course)

7. "Event Expert"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

High growth with a lot of exciting new partnerships.

Cons

We having some growing pains with the quick amount of growth we have had

8. "SeatGeek"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Work life balance, great snacks and coffee, transparency from executives, opportunities to meet and collaborate with employees outside of your direct team

Cons

Lack of process and efficiency in some areas

9. "Rapidly growing, exciting and amazing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Wonderful people, friendly attitudes, collaboration
    -Goal-oriented, deadline driven
    -Many opportunities to grow within the company, referrals
    -Super fun events, company-wide annual retreats, holiday parties, monthly happy hours and many more opportunities to get to know each other
    -flexible WFH policy
    -Transparency from a high-level
    -Spotify / Headspace / Citibike / OneMedical subscriptions = major perks if you use them!

Cons

-slack can be overwhelming for most and a time-suck as being the main means of communication
    -some days seem to not be enough hours in the day to get most work done
    -generally rushing to complete work

Advice to Management

-focus on work-life balance for employees, general mental health and wellness can go a long way for all employees

10. "Excellent people, successful company, fun industry"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SeatGeek is a quickly-growing company in a fun and challenging industry. The business is strong, but just as impressive is the principled approach led by senior leadership.

The engineering team is careful in its decision-making and pragmatic in its implementation. The team has matured without taking the fun out of development, which isn't easy. Overall they're a professional and remarkably talented group.

Cons

Individual engineering teams are given leeway to make decisions, which sometimes leads to architectures that cause duplication of effort.