SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Reviews

Updated March 19, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Despite an ambitious product timeline, work-life balance is still very reasonable and flexible" (in 7 reviews)

• "Supportive work environment and great people" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "We having some growing pains with the quick amount of growth we have had" (in 14 reviews)

• "The company has grown quickly (which is a good thing), but has started to lose the "know everyone by name" vibe" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Love it here!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

SG is a company that truly trusts its employees to do their jobs and push themselves.

Cons

By allowing employees to push themselves, it makes us slightly susceptible to burn-out, but the perks and company culture help alleviate that risk.

Advice to Management

The relaxed atmosphere and lack of urgency for decision-making is mostly good, but can be frustrating at times.

2. "Excellent place to work and grow your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Best part of working at SeatGeek are the people, hands down. Overall talent bar is exceptionally high and the people are some of the most humble, down to earth folks that I've worked with.
    - Innovative product, disrupting the industry that's been mired in status quo.
    - Lots of opportunities for growth and advancement - the company has grown a lot, and continues to grow, so plenty of ways to make an impact.
    - Competitive perks, benefits, beautiful office with great amenities, events, lots of opportunities to socialize and mingle.
    - Overall culture. SeatGeek clearly cares about its employees and employee happiness always seems to be a priority.

Cons

- Some of the internal tools and processes haven't caught up to the new size/scale.
    - We are beginning to experience meeting creep and generally, more administrative overhead.
    - Some managers are not as experienced. I know SeatGeek has been trying to address this through additional trainings and just hiring more senior leaders.

3. "Love working here!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are awesome & I really feel as though I'm a valuable part of the team. All ideas are welcome during the product development process & there is a ton of collaboration. I really appreciate how transparent upper-management is and how accessible they are.

Cons

Sometimes the candy drawer runs out of Kit Kats. Other than that, no!

Advice to Management

Keep on being transparent and prioritizing team events as the team continues to expand.

4. "Transparency and Culture"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The amount of transparency at SeatGeek has been a breath of fresh air. Management is committed to constantly keep the employees aware of all the good and the bad going on. I have been part of companies who have struggled to get out of the "start-up" label to go on to become a real business and have seen the pitfalls and hurdles. SeatGeek is taking it head on with amazing direction and conviction from the entire company. They have held on to the culture that one would find in a smaller company and actively tries to keep it at the forefront and balances it with the rapid growth. There is a real sense of camaraderie between people who have been here years or months.

Cons

We're going to need more space.

5. "No longer a startup in the business sense, but still has all of the great startup culture benefits!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The two best things about working at SeatGeek are the transparency and the people. The company is incredibly open with its employees, which creates an atmosphere where people are fully aware and bought it, and can really thrive. This is then combined with an incredibly talented group of employees, who push each other to be the best they can possibly be. There is not a day that goes by at SeatGeek where I don't learn something new.

Cons

The company has grown quickly (which is a good thing), but has started to lose the "know everyone by name" vibe.

6. "Exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- High growth company in the middle of an industry shift
    - Large amount of responsibility given to junior employees
    - Getting to see tens of thousands of people use SG to get into AT&T Stadium or the Superdome
    - Incredibly transparent management, great long-term vision
    - SG truly cares about providing delightful experiences for users
    - Great ideas come from everyone on the team, not just from upper-level decision makers
    - The most amazingly library-quiet open plan office with great common space for small meetings or hanging out
    - Engineering team gets to work with modern technologies, but doesn't always blindly follow the latest "trend"
    - Despite an ambitious product timeline, work-life balance is still very reasonable and flexible

Cons

- Minor growing pains as the company figures out how to transition from startup to medium size company
    - Have completely outgrown current office facilities, meeting rooms are really tricky to come by
    - Still learning how to balance being a consumer-facing company with having high-value team clients

7. "Love being a part of change in the industry"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

SeatGeek is starting to disrupt the ticketing industry. It is exciting to be a part of the company that is truly focused on the customer. It is clear from top to bottom that we want to make it easier for the average person to see more events live.

Cons

SeatGeek has a unique culture that may not be for everyone. We are casual but also very hard working.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive Salary
    -Amazing Benefits and Perks (seems like were always getting more)
    -Culture of transparency and inclusion
    -Extremely talented people work here
    -Lots of food

Cons

We are growing so quickly that at times some things feel chaotic

9. "Great company - needs to catch up with itself"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Supportive work environment and great people.
    Opportunity to make your job what you want it to be.
    Great growth opportunity and exposure to many different angles of role.
    Hiring more experienced senior leadership.

Cons

Company has grown too fast - playing catch up on building process and structure.
    Senior leadership from early start up days.

Advice to Management

Slow down and get the structure in place. Assess senior leadership.

10. "Autonomy with support"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of smart people who are willing to help. Employees are trusted which encourages people to learn quickly and take risks. The more I advocate for my own ideas around best practices and the more projects I execute, the more responsibility and autonomy I am given. However, there is no blame game and it is a relaxed atmosphere. I'm truly excited for what I will accomplish with my team here.

Also, lots of fun perks (parties, cold brew, beer, free tickets) and a nice (albeit crowded at the moment!) office in NYC. People here are friendly and there's a nice vibe in the office.

Cons

Diversity is definitely not the best, we're lagging behind on that front. Hopefully with the introduction of the D&I committee we will see that improve. However I think the positive culture lays the groundwork for diversity and I am optimistic about our future.

Advice to Management

D&I are very important and we do not want to be the company left behind in that area.
    Please maintain the positive, relaxed but ambitious culture!