SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Reviews

Updated September 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Incredible work environment and great people" (in 10 reviews)

• "Emphasis on achieving the right work/life balance" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "We're going through normal growing pains as a company, but just ensuring that we scale wisely" (in 9 reviews)

• "No cons - best place I have worked in my career" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great people and opportunity to contribute + grow"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really smart and great people, opportunities to contribute and grow with the company, business is doing great

Cons

Can have some long hours, but typically because people care about their work and want to do things well.

"fast growth, strong management team, high employee rentention"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-really nice, smart, competent people work here. SeatGeek puts so much time and energy into our hiring process, and it really shows! the people who work here want to be here. people work hard, and very few people are jerks.
    -nice physical office space - sooo much food/snacks/beverages, and the list of perks are always growing. we are running out of space to put everyone but the space we do have is glorious.
    -the company consistently promotes people from within and reward high performers through title changes and salary bumps.
    -flexible work environment. employees are encouraged to stay home when they are sick.
    -amazing transparency from executive team - employees at every level feel like they know what's going on with the company.
    -busy/fast-paced, but i've never felt like expectations were unreasonable or like I had to put in crazy hours to get my job done (but this will definitely depend on which department you work in)
    -very exciting time to be part of this company. we are poised to change the ticketing industry and it's so cool to be part of that.

Cons

-no 401K match. reasons from exec team as to why they don't do a match aren't compelling. this is the number one improvement to the benefit package that i hope to see made. first job where I've never had a 401K match.
    -there are still some major kinks to work out in the product that can be frustrating. there are simply not enough developers to work on all the features and bug fixes needed to move forward.

Advice to Management

-please continue being so transparent with employees about going-ons within the company.
    -keep recognizing good work, promoting from within, and creating tracks for advancement
    -keep investing in making SeatGeek a great place to work

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If I could describe the best company to work for it would be SeatGeek. Not only is everyone intelligent, friendly, and driven, but they also believe whole-heartedly in the success of the company which is incredibly lucky. The perks are also out of this world including a monthly stipend to spend on tickets, stocked kitchen (plus beer n wine), great vacation policy, holiday week, flexible work days, team lunches *takes a breath* stock options, great healthcare, citibike membership, cool office and more.

I genuinely love coming to work everyday, not only because I like what I do, but also because I love the people I work with and the company I work for.

Cons

- People whine about the gym option (which isn't great), but honestly at least we get a gym option.
    - As with other startups, no company is "perfect" and there are growing pains especially with the rapid growth currently occurring within the company including imbalance of work-loads across each team and lack of headcount in crucial positions

Advice to Management

We all love the transparency, so keep that up. However, there needs to be better communication from the very top (executive team) down to the managers of specific teams with regard to growth of the company and expectations of certain teams as SeatGeek continues to scale their opportunities and expand market share.

4. "Fast moving startup"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Casual work environment with smart people that want to make a difference in the ticketing world. Lots of team events, great benefits and transparent leadership. There are so many great things going on in the business and the outlook is very bright!!

Cons

Like many start ups things are moving very quickly so there is constant change and if you aren't agile this might not be the place for you. But on the flip side you get to lay the groundwork for some amazing stuff!

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent, keep caring about your employees, take care of the amazing culture we have so it doesn't change dramatically was we grow.

5. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at SeatGeek part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart + motivated coworkers, culture of transparency, lots of excitement and growth.

Cons

Due to pace of growth sometimes it feels you need to make an effort to keep your finger on the pulse of the company - it's worth it!

"[Customer Experience] An incredible employer that gives you challenge and support"

Current Employee - Events Expert in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Events Expert in Portland, OR

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the perks, the culture! The company goes out of its way to value all of its employees. We get generous benefits, and the day-to-day culture is so encouraging and supportive as well! I love all the opportunities to stretch my knowledge and learn new things, and it's great to have so many opportunities for personal development, both within CX and into other departments as well.

Cons

SeatGeek is transitioning from being a startup to a scalable company, and there are growing pains here and there, especially when it comes to information sharing within departments and locations. I recommend applicants be flexible and patient, knowing that sometimes they are going to hit information blocks and struggle trying to find the next step. That said, this is a pretty small issue compared to all the great things about working at SeatGeek!

Advice to Management

Keep working to get those communication channels better, faster, and reaching out to everyone. We're on the right track and doing incredible work!

"Great place to work, some growing pains"

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, culture, facilities - all of the priorities seems to be in the right place. I really feel like I've lucked out to be working here - I've grown a lot professionally, and made a lot of friends.

Cons

This company is growing rapidly: in user base, headcount, and revenue. There have been many transitions in just the time I've been here, and a huge number of people are new. Onboarding was rather confusing as a result. It's dizzying and somewhat stressful to have to keep track of many immature systems and practices (technical and non-). And the organization feels somewhat fragile - there are classes of problems ( customer-facing and technical) that we seem under-equipped to to deal with, and, while for now things are fine because $$, I'm not sure how well we'd weather a real storm. Things need time to become mature.

8. "Inspiring and innovative team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Transparent. Open communication. We're looped in about potential big changes when they're still just potential. Your opinions matter and are really valued.
    - THE PEOPLE. The people who work here really make SeatGeek something special. I work with some of the most brilliant, hilarious, positive, caring, and innovative people that I've ever met.
    - Empowering and supportive. You're encouraged to always keep asking "Isn't there a better way we could do this?"

Cons

- Sure, all start-ups can be hard sometimes. If you aren't adaptable and flexible, you might not be happy here.
    - Going through periods of crazy growth can also be difficult. Occasionally it feels like we don't have the number of people that we'd ideally want to have working on some fairly pressing problems.

9. "Great people make a great workplace"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not only are my colleagues incredibly intelligent, hardworking and collaborative - they are all genuinely good people that make coming into work every day a pleasure.

Cons

There are challenges for a company growing from a start up into a unicorn and SeatGeek is not immune to them. All in all these are typically handled very well.

10. "Amazing place to be"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

- fantastic team
    - awesome vision
    - high growth
    - perks and benefits through the roof
    - lots of energy
    - again, the people are amazing
    - really fun industries

Cons

- not for faint of heart! things move fast and you need to work very hard. these are pros for some, cons for others

Advice to Management

Mostly keep it up...also make sure to keep investing in future, investing in team and keeping our customers/fans' experience top of mind.