SeatGeek Reviews | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Reviews

Updated February 13, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Love the transparency, teamwork, and fun work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Emphasis on achieving the right work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • We're growing incredibly quickly which leads to some growing pains (in 8 reviews)

• No cons - best place I have worked in my career (in 3 reviews)

1. "Literally the BEST place to work!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing culture
    - Awesome people
    - Full transparency

SeatGeek feels like a home and coworkers feel like family. They have focussed very hard on building and maintaining an amazing culture and it shows. I love coming to work everyday, getting to work with super smart people and working on very rewarding projects.

Cons

- No 401k Matching (yet)

2. "I Feel Lucky to Work Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We care about our employees. I love that I can get time off or work remotely when I need to with no hassle. Compensation and benefits in general are quite good, and there's been a lot of effort in recent months to learn about what works for people and what doesn't.

We work to avoid complacency. Whether it's making the user experience more seamless, making the office a more comfortable place to work, or helping everyone learn how to give better feedback, there's no shortage of initiatives to make SeatGeek better tomorrow than it is today. We know we can't get lazy.

We have autonomy in our work. We set goals at various levels that help inform the most impactful way I can spend my time, and I'm involved in that goal-setting. Then, I can choose, or work with others to choose, the most effective way to reach those goals. I don't feel micro-managed.

We're growing. The business has changed drastically since I joined 2.5 years ago and I expect even more substantial changes in the next 2.5 years. The fast pace and fresh challenges are fun and inspiring.

Cons

Growth is exciting, but hard. Between scaling teams, processes, the product offering, and technical infrastructure, there are plenty of challenges that can slow down day-to-day progress now and then. While such roadblocks can be frustrating there are also opportunities to work at removing them, which is additional work but also empowering.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback. As we grow, being able to surface potential issues will be vital. Keep hiring fantastic people. Always remember our core values in making decisions.

3. "It's like family."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Great industry to be part of
    Fun and interesting coworkers
    SO MANY SNACKS
    Really nice benefits
    A team that cares about each other
    Nice office
    Free tickets to events

Cons

Because workdays are so fun and full of interesting work it can hard to have true. true work/life balance

Advice to Management

Keep it up, y'all.

4. "Fun, young company!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at SeatGeek is extremely nice and wants to help you grow. Great for anyone starting their career or looking for a job that jumpstarts their passion to learn.

Cons

The office is quiet which is a turn-off for some people, but it allows you to focus which I really like.

5. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

Nice & talented people who are passionate about the company's mission. Strong collaboration between teams and managers/direct reports. Awesome perks + office.

Cons

None at all so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :)

6. "Incredible place to work, great people to work with"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Wonderful, smart people
    - Technology focused
    - Accessibility to management
    - Remote work flexibility
    - Massively transparent culture

Cons

We're growing incredibly quickly which leads to some growing pains.

7. "Great people and transparency"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

SeatGeek has your classic startup benefits (food, beer, pingpong, no dress code) but what really makes it stand out is the people. Everyone here is extremely talented, and also very willing to teach. This can be a bit intimidating at first - being around so many super smart people - but I can't think of a single place that allows you to learn so much across so many fields. SeatGeek is also extremely transparent throughout the company, which is refreshing compared to many other industries.

Cons

Once in a while the La Croix runs out.

Advice to Management

Keep the hiring standards as high as they have been.

8. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are outstanding, fun work environment, incredible coworkers, annual work retreat is amazing, upending the ticket industry to get more people to enjoy live entertainment!

Cons

Sometimes the free beer runs out for a day or two

9. "Best Interview / Onboarding Experience I've had"

Current Employee - Android Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Android Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was amazing and very transparent. I always knew what to expect and was always kept in the loop about what was coming up. I felt very prepared for all of my interviews and each step made me more and more excited to hopefully join the team. Fortunately it worked out and since starting here that same sort of care and attention has continued during my first few months. The onboarding process was great, and I was able to start being effective on my team very quickly. I never felt like I didn't know what was going on and had clear expectations for my role. I look forward to what's to come and am so glad I joined the team!

Cons

Honestly can't think of any... Office is great, people are great, everything is super transparent, and the work is fun and challenging.

10. "Great Workplace for that start-up Life in NYC"

I have been working at SeatGeek full-time

Pros

I am having a great time at SeatGeek, with many opportunities to get involved with the business outside my main area of responsibility. The company has a pretty tight-knit culture, and people are always willing to help. Great work-life balance, and the office itself is so well supplied you don't even need to leave. Many social events and plenty of interaction with senior management.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing when to use Slack vs. email vs. GitHub (for product issues). Certain people are very particular about how and when they are contacted for work related matters. Some prefer Slack instead of email, and some are pretty strict about sending non-urgent messages outside of working hours.

Also, because of the tight-knit culture, it can be a little difficult to break in (this might depend on your own personality though, outgoing people shouldn't have much trouble).