Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2020

3.1
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Executive Director and President Nancy Davidson (no image)
Nancy Davidson
Pros
  • "Great benefits and work culture(in 15 reviews)

• "Very good to their employees, excellent compensation plans, LOVE SCCA(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "During my time at SCCA Rev Cycle, I watched about 1/3 of the department leave due to unbearable conditions here(in 18 reviews)

• "There is quite a bit of disconnect between upper management and the employees(in 7 reviews)

1. "It's a privilege to work here!"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good to their employees, excellent compensation plans, LOVE SCCA

Cons

I seriously can't think of any cons!

Continue reading
  2. "Extraordinary care of patients, outstanding mission, some poor work culture elements"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many truly dedicated, passionate, brilliant employees

Cons

Segments of the culture are passive aggressive and in a few cases just plain aggressive; control issues without vision or expertise and this is not only tolerated, but rewarded.

Continue reading
  3. "Hard work but great place to do it"

4.0
    Current Employee - Support Staff

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits and work culture

Cons

Stressful because of high volumes

4. "Positive Work Environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Inventory Technician

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Very structured, good training, consistent work

Cons

repetitive tasks, can be boring

5. "Great community"

Current Employee - HIM in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are so nice and you always feel like you are doing something for the greater good.

Cons

Little room for growth in roles

6. "Rev cycle"

Former Employee - Rev Cycle

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and great benefits

Cons

Work environment, management, and I would describe the billing is run like a chicken with his head cut off

7. "Love Working For SCCA!"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Seattle, WA

Pros

Wonderful manager & co-workers - just like extended family! Room for advancement.

Cons

Some changes are harder to adjust to than others, but that would relevant at any company.

"Needs more connection to the mission"

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay and at times, very rewarding.

Cons

Hardly any PTO (12 days in 1st year), different departments have different standards of work, some leadership not very accessible, very insulated from other departments that are only a few feet away from your desk, not very friendly staff, severely lacking a structured onboarding process for new staff.

Continue reading
  9. "Great Environment with Very Nice Workers"

Former Employee - Finance Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is like a family, we have lunch every Friday at a meeting learning about Cancer drugs.

Cons

High turn over but it's typically when working at cancer facility

Continue reading

"Abusivr work environment - micromanaged and Lack of autonomy"

1.0
    Former Employee - Physician

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The ability to live in Seattle and the Nursing staff and support staff are great and truly care.

Cons

Leadership or the lack there of any inspirational leadership is horrible. Management and administration are facing a lack of resources and funds to create more space and fuel the renovations and are boosting up their income by clinical revenue. Constant push to see more patients and make more money without giving space or resources to do so. Leadership does not lead but manages without allowing flexibility and micromanages every step of the way from time spent with patients and clinic templates and time taken to answer pages to coverage and any time off must be made up or notified 90 days in advance. No ability to voice concerns or ideas. Constantly increasing the requirements and reprimanding people if they don’t meet them but not giving them the resources to be able to achieve the goals or requirements. Culture is abusive and toxic unless you are friends with management there is no chance for a voice or any opinion or any ability to move upwards or succeed. If management does not like you they will do everything they can to make your life difficult by picking apart everything subtly and belittling and shaming is very common and wears away self worth and self esteem and optimism over time. I hear a lot of “it can’t be done”, “don’t rock the boat” and “not my job” and “no potential for change” and “don’t bother me with your problems and if you do - you are the problem” and “this is the way it is and has always been” and “what makes you think you should be treated any differently than everybody else” when asking for flexibility or change. Huge space crunch in clinic without computer access, rooms, inefficient computer systems and no places to sit and work. Huge turn over in staffing constantly and needing to retrain causes issues in patient care and efficiency and each person is in it for themselves to survive so there is little collegiality or friendship at work. People don’t work together. There is dysfunction and corruption at all levels.

Found 166 reviews