Seclore Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Seclore Technology Reviews

Updated 29 Oct 2019

3.9
Seclore Technology CEO Vishal Gupta (no image)
Vishal Gupta
  1. "Good for starting a career"

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at Seclore Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Interaction with a variety of people from different department, one building all department. 2. Friendly and helpful work environment. 3. Company is involved in various EAA for employees. 4. Excellent coders at senior levels. Mentions: Kapil, Darshan, Hiranya, Mehul.

Cons

1. Work isn't challenging for experienced coders. 2. They use SVN, old windows, outdated & slow VM. Overall this very good company is backed by age old infrastructure. 3. One of the worst HR's in place as all the good ones left the company because of work place politics

Seclore Technology2019-08-18

"working environment"

I have been working at Seclore Technology full-time

Pros

lots of oppurtunities for self growth

Cons

the work will seem to be hectic in the beginning

Seclore Technology2019-07-28
  3. "Sr. TAS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I have been working at Seclore Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company to work for and flexible timing.

Cons

Should have more Employee Engagement activities.

Advice to Management

NA

Seclore Technology2019-05-17

"Great product that runs on an old technology stack."

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at Seclore Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good work environment where you can directly approach to any body in the entire organization. Great culture, flexible working hours, good reward system, good learning opportunities, great exposure, supportive managers.

Cons

Old technology stack. It gets repetitive and mundane over time.

Seclore Technology2019-04-07

"I would be too late, when you will realise you could have done better somewhere else."

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at Seclore Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Will be surrounded by smart hard working acquaintance. 2) More than average pay scale for graduates passing out of tier 2 and tier 3 college. 3) Work life balance is there upto some extent. 4) Will learn a lot things about creating products considering we learned nothing in college, you wont be on bench and you start working on product very soon after joining. If you are a lateral may god bless you. 5) Extra... curricular activities, if you enjoy them they are going to be absolutely fun. 6) You can approach anybody in the organisation, but i would rather prefer talking to a rock as you requests and demands are never looked upon and given importance.

Cons

1) Product built on very old technology , so when you decide to move on you will realise you have missed a lot of things currently going on in market. Also this kind of tech reduces the overall quality of product that way Seclore faces a lot of difficulty in scaling and this will affect your career as every new tech companybis highly focused on scaling. Example : Java - Seclore uses old versions of java, doesn't... implement any new feature by java not even features like multithreading to be honest. Struts 1 - This framework is older than your great grandfather , Apache has not only closed its support but also has removed its docs from its website. UI Tech - UI looks good but again backward style of frontend designing and execution making the product user unfriendly big time , good news is they are focusing on this at-least now. 2) Input is very high output is very average - You will work very hard creating something absolutely amazing I used to thing the same way until I came out of my box. Truth is things like old tech, bureaucracy, architects and management level people not believing in ideas of people except for few selected ones makes the actual outcome of the work done to a very average standard. I consider this as a con because you are working very hard but most of it is going into vain or is a donkey work. 3) Managerial level people not competent : Many current employees may not believe it , but let me state some facts for this to be true a) 70% of work force joined right after college, they don't have any example to compare their current bosses to. What they learned here looks too much because they almost learned nothing in college except a language or so, but when you move out of here you will realise you learned some good stuff but too less. b) I will agree with fact that these managers are champions of the product they have and the tech they are using to built it, not all of it though, but when it comes to enhancing the product they fail big time, their lack of knowledge of current tech standards and its implementation has made the overall product very unrefined and even after 10 years the product looks like it belongs to some early stage startup or was build in 90's and didn't got updated. c) These guys are extremely fearful of taking any kind of un-calculated or calculated risk. You and pour a sea of ideas on their head but they are only going to except which requires minimal change. Minimal change is good but you loose at scaling, dev time is big, document and resource identification, minimal ways to identify how good you have built it. d) 90% of managers lack ORATORY skills(not even god can prove me wrong over here), presentation skills, reviewing skills, architectural skills, RND skills. Looks like everything you need to become a manager, they are not very bad but they are nowhere near good. 4) No place for a lateral, you wont be able to leverage your knowledge. You wont be allowed to take risk. You will have to follow orders like a minion. You will treated well if you did the said things. This profile is good for some kind of people but if you really want to make something out of yourself find a better place. PS - These cons are not written out of spite, I am just bringing the truth to you as most of the reviews are written by freshers and when they move on they think the same but nobody updates their reviews.

Advice to Management

1) Learn and grow your competency skills both in terms of personality and technology, to be honest a lead developer in most of the organisations have more architectural knowledge than your actual architectures. 2) Don't judge employees on things on which even you are not capable of. 3) Start taking calculated risks , if you want the company to grow. 4) Stop calling yourself startup. 5) Grow up, act like managers... not big boss contestants. 6) Treat your resources well, believe in them, let them lead independent researches, stop partial listening and partial treatment. 7) Lateral can also be better than your home grown developers. 8) Stop promoting your favourites they are too incompetent for the post, they will set low standards and bad examples for people under them.

Seclore Technology2018-12-03

"Land of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Product Architect in Mumbai

I have been working at Seclore Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Great culture - everyone in approachable, no hierarchical restriction and boundaries 2. Company of great mids - You have many great minds to work with and learn from them 3. Enough opportunities for you to grab and fast-track your career and growth 4. Work on trending technology as Data Security is hot and happening

Cons

1. Need more communication from top to downs

Advice to Management

1. Battles the company is fighting should be shared often with everyone 2. Share success/failure stories with everyone

Seclore Technology2018-12-18

"Unprofessional Organization, Lacks Leadership, Be careful if you chose to work with Seclore"

Former Employee - Manager in Mumbai

I worked at Seclore Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible timing and salary comes on time

Cons

Unprofessional management Political environment Only way to grow is to please key people/management

Advice to Management

Learn leadership, that's the only way to succeed, be professional

Seclore Technology2019-01-29

"Unique Security Product Company"

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at Seclore Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Seclore as a lateral hire. I worked at Seclore for slightly more than two years in the engineering department. Here are some of the pros - 1. It's a great technology to learn core technology areas. There is a lot of focus on core concepts. I sharpened my concepts here which I could never learn in previous organizations. 2. You learn the attitude of "Nothing is impossible". This is one of the biggest... learning for me. The kind of problem I was challenged with gave me the confidence that I can solve anything that I take up. I had super smart people around me to make me successful. 3. I got a lot of opportunities once I proved myself. It took me a little while to prove my potential but I was given a lot of responsibilities post that. 4. Very informal environment. I was given a lot of freedom even in early days of stint with Seclore. Frankly, I really learnt the value of all these after I left Seclore. I had to leave because I wanted to pursue higher studies. However, I would always carry my learnings with me. I heard that Seclore recently signed a huge contract with a global fortune 100 bank. My best wishes for more such success stories.

Cons

Should create opportunities for technical people to interact with customer more.

Advice to Management

1. Should market themselves better in tech community. 2. Communicate and celebrate success stories within the team.

Seclore Technology2018-11-28
  9. "Solution Consultant"

I have been working at Seclore Technology full-time

Pros

Freedom to operate, an open door policy.

Cons

There are none what so ever

Seclore Technology2018-11-15
  10. "Good organisation"

I have been working at Seclore Technology full-time

Pros

Great for freshers Good learning curve

Cons

No cons worth to be mentioned

Advice to Management

Going great

Seclore Technology2018-11-12