Secure-24 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 5, 2017

5.0
Mike Jennings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned (in 7 reviews)

• Holiday parties, picnics, happy hours, charity committee, team sports such as softball, golf, soccer (in 5 reviews)

"Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Secure-24 is an amazing place to work! The benefits are outstanding, in particular, the limitless vacations, flexible work schedule and the happy hours where we get the chance to hang out with our co-workers and enjoy a few beers. The technology exposure is second to none and its great knowing that I have so many talented senior technical resources that are willing to help and grow me. My Management team are very approachable and they genuinely care for my well being.

Cons

None - I wish I would have found Secure-24 earlier in my career!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Always stay connected to the people and you will always get the right results. By the way, we love our new Microsoft Surface Hub, its awesome!!

"What an AWESOME Company"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What's not to love
    Great people, great benefits, great opportunity
    Culture is phenomenal. Fun atmosphere. Extracurricular activities everywhere. Holiday parties, picnics, happy hours, charity committee, team sports such as softball, golf, soccer. All company paid for.
    Best benefits anywhere. Company pays 100% with very low co pays and out of pockets.
    Opportunity to work with some of the brightest most innovative people anywhere. They are also so much fun.
    Open door policy everywhere. Leadership team is very accessible and takes a keen interest in employees, their families, their life!
    Very diverse workplace with women on the executive team. S24 was leading edge with gender neutral bathrooms. Everyone is welcome.
    Great place to spend your entire career. You will continue to be challenged with something new everyday. Never gets boring. Opportunities to do whatever you are interested in
    Honor system for PTO. Seriously , you can take whatever time off you need
    This is like a big family and best place I have ever worked. Others feel exactly the same, because no one ever leaves. And if they do, 6 months later they come back

Cons

What's not to love. Awesome company, employees, leadership, technical and on and on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. And thank you for giving us this incredible place to work at

"For the most passionate in IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to take something on at this company, you're empowered and supported to make it happen. Very entrepreneurial environment with loads of new technology and focus/rewards for innovation. Certification reimbursement is a major perk too!!

Cons

Working at a IT service provider isn't the same as working IT at a enterprise job, it's a lot faster paced requiring higher attention to detail and care. Not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward innovation and remember to invest and connect with new hires, it's our path towards sustained innovation and passionate customer service.

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI

Pros

Great company to work for. Offers full benefits package and an amazing culture with good work life balance. The IOC is a good learning experience and the team is one of the best I have ever been part of.

Cons

I wish the recruiting process had been more focused on getting the right candidate on the right position according to skills and experience. At times it felt that everyone got "dumped" on the helpdesk and left to "crawl" their way out to a position that matches their skill level. It might build character but it also adds frustration.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the TSR to Analyst Objectives - they are a waste of time and energy with no use for the Analyst job.

"Fantastic company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Auditor in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Auditor in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Secure-24 does a great job of investing in their people and encouraging work/life balance. It is a fast growing organization with a very bright future because they are cutting edge and provide resources needed to keep their customer satisfaction at a high.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons with this organization.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the workforce, foster innovation to keep ahead of your competitors and to bring increased value to the services.

"Great Coworkers and New Technology Exposure"

Current Employee - SAP Architecture in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - SAP Architecture in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned.
    Coworkers are great and it is an awesome place to expose yourself to all the latest technologies. You will never be bored here if you are a self-starter.
    Completely paid medical benefits are a great bonus.
    Flexible work and vacation schedules

Cons

Salary a little below industry standard (but paid medical benefits help offset)
    Extremely customer oriented to a fault; sometimes it should be okay for sales or management to push back on a request if it is completely unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to run the company in the conservative way they have for the past few years. Lofty numbered goals are okay over the long term but never lose sight of your employees or sacrifice company benefits/culture to better the books.

"Comfortable and Happy"

Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The laid back culture and the program to get certifications matched with incentives is pretty awesome. There are a lot of luncheons and employee activities. I've used the open door policy and it was *real* and there were no reprisals like some places. Lots of flexibility.

Cons

Super fast paced, one has to learn, adapt, or sink. This company is not for the timid - a CTO or VP might ask your opinion at any time. Social anxiety sufferers apply at own risk.

Advice to Management

It's okay to tell your employees that the company termed a slacker. It it doesn't hurt morale, it motivates everyone to know that hard workers are appreciated and slackers are unemployed.

"Growing stronger every day"

Current Employee - Engineering in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's very much a 'get the job done' type of atmosphere. There is a laid back work environment, but the general idea is that you need to be able to deliver and work hard at any time, sometimes put in some unusual hours...or you won't be around for long. If you're the type that can't handle that atmosphere or are a clock watcher, it's not for you. I've seen teams pull together and solve problems and support each other to get issues resolved...compared to other companies, where the same situation would either turn into a finger pointing game or a drawn out political tangle. The hiring philosophy tends to focus on getting people in the door that have the potential to grow, which I enjoy much more than working with people who are stuck in their role or burned out from years in the same position. It's nice to work with people who are enthusiastic about sharing knowledge at all levels, rather than guarding it in their own personal silo for some sort of psuedo job protection.

Cons

The hours can get a little intense and the on boarding is a little rough around the edges. There's a fairly fresh middle management group so they're still shaking out some processes as the company has gone through fast growth.

Advice to Management

Strive to keep the atmosphere in place that helped the company get to where it is today.

"Great place to work- Had 3 competing offers for my services"

Current Employee - Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here a little over 7 months and so far it's been great- The company is small enough where they allow me to think outside of the box and present new ideas but also large enough to manage some of the worlds largest companies IT needs. I had 3 offers for my services and narrowed it down to Secure-24 and one other. I think I made the right choice.
    It sounds like the complaining in the other reviews are disgruntled employees but I have yet to see what they didn't like (or at least the extent that they talk about) regarding this place.
    I came from another local company that specialized in "online contests" and can tell you that Secure-24 is light years ahead as far as letting me run with new ideas. As far as sales goes, what can I say. I am an engineer and they sell the stuff. We are never going to always agree. It was the same at my previous two employers but we need them and the ABSOLUTLEY need us!! It's only been less then a year so far but from most everything I have seen/done I am very happy with my choice and I hope I can say the same thing 12 months from now. BTW-not many companies pay 100% of your medical insurance coverage and I have a wife and 2 kids that I don't pay a dime for!

Cons

Sometimes have some long hours and I think we should be compensated better for "overtime" as putting in 12 hours can be tedious.

Advice to Management

As your company continues to grow make sure you are putting qualified leaders into leadership roles.

"Not corporate America, it's better........."

Current Employee - Sales in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Southfield, MI

Pros

Employees are encouraged to bring their natural talents with them, the culture is VERY accepting and the environment is open to new idea's and people who think for themselves and who have a positive attititude. It's a Flat organization which means you have access to everything up to the CEO & COO their door is generally open and willing to listen.

Cons

Growth within an emerging company can take different path's, it's sometimes difficult to keep the momentum and service going in the same direction please keep what you've done in the past going.

Advice to Management

Love the benefits, all that you do for the people of Secure-24, the community and for the State of Michigan. Keep it up!