Secure-24 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Jennings

Pros
  • Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned (in 6 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn about new technologies are unlimited (in 5 reviews)

Cons

"Not corporate America, it's better........."

Current Employee - Sales in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Southfield, MI

Pros

Employees are encouraged to bring their natural talents with them, the culture is VERY accepting and the environment is open to new idea's and people who think for themselves and who have a positive attititude. It's a Flat organization which means you have access to everything up to the CEO & COO their door is generally open and willing to listen.

Cons

Growth within an emerging company can take different path's, it's sometimes difficult to keep the momentum and service going in the same direction please keep what you've done in the past going.

Advice to Management

Love the benefits, all that you do for the people of Secure-24, the community and for the State of Michigan. Keep it up!

"Great place to work- Had 3 competing offers for my services"

Current Employee - Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here a little over 7 months and so far it's been great- The company is small enough where they allow me to think outside of the box and present new ideas but also large enough to manage some of the worlds largest companies IT needs. I had 3 offers for my services and narrowed it down to Secure-24 and one other. I think I made the right choice.
    It sounds like the complaining in the other reviews are disgruntled employees but I have yet to see what they didn't like (or at least the extent that they talk about) regarding this place.
    I came from another local company that specialized in "online contests" and can tell you that Secure-24 is light years ahead as far as letting me run with new ideas. As far as sales goes, what can I say. I am an engineer and they sell the stuff. We are never going to always agree. It was the same at my previous two employers but we need them and the ABSOLUTLEY need us!! It's only been less then a year so far but from most everything I have seen/done I am very happy with my choice and I hope I can say the same thing 12 months from now. BTW-not many companies pay 100% of your medical insurance coverage and I have a wife and 2 kids that I don't pay a dime for!

Cons

Sometimes have some long hours and I think we should be compensated better for "overtime" as putting in 12 hours can be tedious.

Advice to Management

As your company continues to grow make sure you are putting qualified leaders into leadership roles.

"Growing stronger every day"

Current Employee - Engineering in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's very much a 'get the job done' type of atmosphere. There is a laid back work environment, but the general idea is that you need to be able to deliver and work hard at any time, sometimes put in some unusual hours...or you won't be around for long. If you're the type that can't handle that atmosphere or are a clock watcher, it's not for you. I've seen teams pull together and solve problems and support each other to get issues resolved...compared to other companies, where the same situation would either turn into a finger pointing game or a drawn out political tangle. The hiring philosophy tends to focus on getting people in the door that have the potential to grow, which I enjoy much more than working with people who are stuck in their role or burned out from years in the same position. It's nice to work with people who are enthusiastic about sharing knowledge at all levels, rather than guarding it in their own personal silo for some sort of psuedo job protection.

Cons

The hours can get a little intense and the on boarding is a little rough around the edges. There's a fairly fresh middle management group so they're still shaking out some processes as the company has gone through fast growth.

Advice to Management

Strive to keep the atmosphere in place that helped the company get to where it is today.

"Awesome!"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Secure-24 you will join a highly energized team and a fast growing company. You will learn many new technologies and have the ability to expand your knowledge everyday. There are great company/family events and the health benefits are absolutely fantastic.

Cons

The cons are positive. We are a growing company so there is a need to always renew/refresh policies/procedures and technology. What was good 6 months ago can become antiquated or inefficient very quickly.

Advice to Management

More of the same! There has been a recent re-org and the company is re-energized.

"Still a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Secure-24 is a fantastic company with many opportunities for smart technical people. Employees get to touch so many different types of technology. Overall, it is a great group of people to work with.
    In spite of a couple of rough months at the end of last year, some management changes have been made and the culture is still strong. I have to say that I truly enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Because we work in an extremely fast-paced environment, it can be difficult for some individuals to keep up the pace. The company is still "young" and as a result there are some growing pains.

7. ""If you want to expand your technical skills, this is the place to be!""

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The chance to work on the latest and greatest technologies.The ability to work with some of the most senior engineering talent in Michigan!Lots of great activities and outings and a very impressive 100% health care plan.Work-life balance has gotten better over the last year and but there is still room for improvement

Cons

None,its best job I have ever had!

Advice to Management

Keep it up.I find that all managers in the company are very friendly and open.The CEO and VPs are also very approachable.Do more happy hours!

"Best Place to work for!!"

Pros

Benefits are super awesome and are 100% covered.
    The culture and people are amazing..
    Opportunities to learn about new technologies are unlimited.
    Open door policy
    The Sky is the limit in regards of personal and professional growth.
    Academy Model that was established on the IOC provides great opportunities for every new hire who started as an entry level. Employees do not feel that they have reached their ceiling in their career as they are constantly being motivated and encouraged to learn new things and are being promoted to other teams in less than a couple of years.
    Work life balance has improved tremendously and has been driven by the C level management

Cons

No major cons out of ordinary as most of them are directly linked to the growing pains that each company goes through

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing and stay employee focused.

"Technical Architech ADC Systems"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

Complany is extremely flexible with hours, duties, and remote locations.

Cons

Company tends to be a little behind adopting a more remote oriented engineering program

10. "Comfortable and Happy"

Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The laid back culture and the program to get certifications matched with incentives is pretty awesome. There are a lot of luncheons and employee activities. I've used the open door policy and it was *real* and there were no reprisals like some places. Lots of flexibility.

Cons

Super fast paced, one has to learn, adapt, or sink. This company is not for the timid - a CTO or VP might ask your opinion at any time. Social anxiety sufferers apply at own risk.

Advice to Management

It's okay to tell your employees that the company termed a slacker. It it doesn't hurt morale, it motivates everyone to know that hard workers are appreciated and slackers are unemployed.

"Great Coworkers and New Technology Exposure"

Current Employee - SAP Architecture in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - SAP Architecture in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned.
    Coworkers are great and it is an awesome place to expose yourself to all the latest technologies. You will never be bored here if you are a self-starter.
    Completely paid medical benefits are a great bonus.
    Flexible work and vacation schedules

Cons

Salary a little below industry standard (but paid medical benefits help offset)
    Extremely customer oriented to a fault; sometimes it should be okay for sales or management to push back on a request if it is completely unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to run the company in the conservative way they have for the past few years. Lofty numbered goals are okay over the long term but never lose sight of your employees or sacrifice company benefits/culture to better the books.