Secure-24 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Mike Jennings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned (in 7 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn about new technologies are unlimited (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely horrendous work/life balance once you leave the initial helpdesk position (in 11 reviews)

• Suffers from a lot of favoritism among upper management (in 9 reviews)

1. "Can you imagine"

Current Employee - Techie in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Techie in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can you imagine working for a company that really cares about everyone in the company. Secure-24 is that company. Since we had our annual holiday party and the company gave so much to each of us, it is about time that someone gave a little back.

Paul Bhatti, you are wonderful to work for. You are honest, straightforward and a downright super man. I never want to work for any one else ever.

John Dell. Thank you for being John Dell. Your commitment, dedication, honesty and drive is what epitomizes a leader. The future for you is unlimited. You have the heart of ten men. Not a mean bone in your body.

Jackie Miller. You are a fearless leader and inspire so many of us at Secure-24. And you’re brilliant. The future for you is as high as you want to reach.

The Human Resource Team. Dave P, ,Andy, Marcia, Elisa. I have worked at a few companies in my short career and you are a Diamond. Not just any old Diamond. HR at Secure-24 is sparkling one from Tiffany. You are the heart of the company. Every beat has your fingerprint on it. Every time I need help or guidance, it is one of you that gets me through it. You understand us and make our work fun.

Megan S (aka the Shark) If there is one person at Secure-24 that everyone loves that would be you. You have a gift that is one in 20 million. Your friendship, your compassion, your wit, your optimism and your incredible talent. You are Secure-24.

There are so many more people that deserve thanks and are appreciated and are the fabric of our beautiful company. A few being Chris D, Beth M, Vitale, Eric G, Scooter, S D, Nik, the sales and SA teams, LL, Steve N, E M, R D and hundreds more.

And of course MJ.

Cons

Not any that are concerning.

Advice to Management

Our leaders are very special

2. "Great place with ton of room for career advancement ."

Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a structured model to acquire certifications and complete objectives before moving up the ladder. And the best of all is that it is all paid for and they give you raises on top.
    Learning about new technologies in this fast paste environment is amazing.
    Health benefits are all covered and the coverage is just great.
    Very friendly and approachable Management personnel. They actually care about each and everyone.

Cons

Secure-24 is not for everyone. I had a cultural shock when I first started but got used to it pretty quickly. Some people get carried away with the laid back environment sometimes but management addresses those issues as they arise.

Advice to Management

You have built a great department over the years and managed to have a great balance with the tremendous growth that the IOC has seen, especially over the past year. Staffing levels should be planned better as when we get short staffed, morale and quality start to go down which negatively affects the customer experience.

"Accelerated Professional Development"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The ability to expand your work experience at Secure-24 is unlike anything you can find within the IT industry at large. Career progression is real, and if you have the desire to be involved in new projects they exist year over year because Secure-24 is a growing company, who also invests in training for employees.
    Secure-24 appreciates hard work and does so with excellent benefits: unlimited vacation, health care, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
    Corporate responsibility is a big focus too, with a Professional Women's group, philanthropy committee, and many opportunities to be involved in community projects through the year. Commitment to diversity is a big deal, and gender neutral bathrooms and the employee assistance program are just a few things that really make a difference in people's lives.
    The remote work/work from home flexibility is very good. Working remote is no problem, which allows people to be present during important family and life events, but still make progress at professional development. While work from home is used widely, people want to come into the office because the people who work at Secure-24 are quite possibly the best part. There are few workplaces where you can make so many friends and build real professional trust. The happy hours, company events, and rec leagues for those into bowling/golf/soccer/flag football/softball/etc. make a big difference in getting to know people. I've never lacked a mentor or a friend while working at Secure-24 and it's because I've stayed involved in these types of activities.

Cons

IT Management, especially at a service provider, isn't for everyone. Secure-24 is in an industry that requires working on holidays and weekends, but they do a good job of working to be progressive about work/life balance and appreciating employees, and the effort put into this makes a big difference. IT everywhere has a gender and diversity imbalance, but again Secure-24 is taking real steps to improve in these areas. It's also a growing company, so if you don't like moving your desk every 6 months or the excitement of big projects, Secure-24 might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees and working to be the best IT company in the industry for your customers.

"Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Secure-24 is an amazing place to work! The benefits are outstanding, in particular, the limitless vacations, flexible work schedule and the happy hours where we get the chance to hang out with our co-workers and enjoy a few beers. The technology exposure is second to none and its great knowing that I have so many talented senior technical resources that are willing to help and grow me. My Management team are very approachable and they genuinely care for my well being.

Cons

None - I wish I would have found Secure-24 earlier in my career!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Always stay connected to the people and you will always get the right results. By the way, we love our new Microsoft Surface Hub, its awesome!!

"For the most passionate in IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to take something on at this company, you're empowered and supported to make it happen. Very entrepreneurial environment with loads of new technology and focus/rewards for innovation. Certification reimbursement is a major perk too!!

Cons

Working at a IT service provider isn't the same as working IT at a enterprise job, it's a lot faster paced requiring higher attention to detail and care. Not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward innovation and remember to invest and connect with new hires, it's our path towards sustained innovation and passionate customer service.

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health care is exceptional, they treat everyone with respect

Cons

Not the highest paying place

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI

Pros

Great company to work for. Offers full benefits package and an amazing culture with good work life balance. The IOC is a good learning experience and the team is one of the best I have ever been part of.

Cons

I wish the recruiting process had been more focused on getting the right candidate on the right position according to skills and experience. At times it felt that everyone got "dumped" on the helpdesk and left to "crawl" their way out to a position that matches their skill level. It might build character but it also adds frustration.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the TSR to Analyst Objectives - they are a waste of time and energy with no use for the Analyst job.

"Fantastic company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Auditor in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Auditor in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Secure-24 does a great job of investing in their people and encouraging work/life balance. It is a fast growing organization with a very bright future because they are cutting edge and provide resources needed to keep their customer satisfaction at a high.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons with this organization.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the workforce, foster innovation to keep ahead of your competitors and to bring increased value to the services.

"Great Coworkers and New Technology Exposure"

Current Employee - SAP Architecture in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - SAP Architecture in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned.
    Coworkers are great and it is an awesome place to expose yourself to all the latest technologies. You will never be bored here if you are a self-starter.
    Completely paid medical benefits are a great bonus.
    Flexible work and vacation schedules

Cons

Salary a little below industry standard (but paid medical benefits help offset)
    Extremely customer oriented to a fault; sometimes it should be okay for sales or management to push back on a request if it is completely unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to run the company in the conservative way they have for the past few years. Lofty numbered goals are okay over the long term but never lose sight of your employees or sacrifice company benefits/culture to better the books.

"Comfortable and Happy"

Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The laid back culture and the program to get certifications matched with incentives is pretty awesome. There are a lot of luncheons and employee activities. I've used the open door policy and it was *real* and there were no reprisals like some places. Lots of flexibility.

Cons

Super fast paced, one has to learn, adapt, or sink. This company is not for the timid - a CTO or VP might ask your opinion at any time. Social anxiety sufferers apply at own risk.

Advice to Management

It's okay to tell your employees that the company termed a slacker. It it doesn't hurt morale, it motivates everyone to know that hard workers are appreciated and slackers are unemployed.