Secure-24 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Mike Jennings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned (in 7 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn about new technologies are unlimited (in 6 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great place with ton of room for career advancement ."

Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a structured model to acquire certifications and complete objectives before moving up the ladder. And the best of all is that it is all paid for and they give you raises on top.
    Learning about new technologies in this fast paste environment is amazing.
    Health benefits are all covered and the coverage is just great.
    Very friendly and approachable Management personnel. They actually care about each and everyone.

Cons

Secure-24 is not for everyone. I had a cultural shock when I first started but got used to it pretty quickly. Some people get carried away with the laid back environment sometimes but management addresses those issues as they arise.

Advice to Management

You have built a great department over the years and managed to have a great balance with the tremendous growth that the IOC has seen, especially over the past year. Staffing levels should be planned better as when we get short staffed, morale and quality start to go down which negatively affects the customer experience.

"Decent company with a fun culture but lacks structure"

Former Employee - Senior TSR in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Senior TSR in Southfield, MI

I worked at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone working at Secure-24 was friendly and felt more like family. It is a pretty laid back environment, Nerf darts constantly flying through the air. There was a lot of fun had, food brought in for everyone, parties, family friendly events and holiday get togethers etc etc. They encourage furthering your education with Cert reimbursements, interest free loans, an online "University" and catalog of courses. Allowed working from home and a flexible schedule. Great benefits.

Cons

A majority of employees were more about the play and not so much the work aspect. It sucks you in and drags you down if you let it. The training at the beginning of the job was absolutely irrelevant to the work itself. Our trainer spent most days talking about video games, movies and anime.. When we hit the floor we had no idea how DIFFICULT and STRESSFUL the job itself would be and caused me the most intense stress and anxiety I had suffered in years. Everyone would offer to help in a heartbeat when you first meet them but when you actually NEED HELP it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of anyone. The employees that would move up in the company would put a wall between themselves and their previous position/co workers and treated the service desk as unimportant and annoying. The Level 1 support who speaks directly to customers and dealing with their loose emotions got it the worst from all ends. Having worked in multiple large helpdesk environments I tried to offer suggestions and ideas in order to help make everything work better and streamline.. It landed on deaf ears no matter who it was relayed to. There was no communication between ANYONE and nothing would get done unless you yourself saw to it personally every single step of the way.. While also having your "Team Leaders" blowing up your messenger asking why you're in "Not Ready" instead of taking calls and complain when your tickets are slightly sloppy or rushed but also be on the phones constantly and make sure you resolve every single issue. The processes in place were old and outdated. The documentation was vague and difficult to decipher unless you had months of experience working there.. They wpould sign big contracts and bring giant clients onboard to support, not knowing anything about that client, not giving anyone in the service desk a heads up or training.. And then just dropping that client on our laps the next day expecting us to know all programs that client used and supporting their IT infrastructure.. No joke, we signed a new client at one point and NO ONE EVEN KNEW. Not until they scheduled us all for a "Training" session and gave us a quick 15 minute overview.. When I asked "When will this client start contacting us for support" the "Trainer" responded: Tomorrow.. No wait! Today.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION

3. "Mehr Schein als Sein."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Viele Gründe fallen einem nicht ein.

Cons

Schlechte Bezahlung. Schlechte Kommunikation. Wenig Transparenz..

Advice to Management

Zurück zur Realität finden.

4. "Private Equity Changed the Company and Culture"

I worked at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

Great value prop in a growing industry.

Cons

Private Equity Mgmt. came in and changed the culture, comp plan, and was the reason I left.

5. "Great company"

Pros

-Benefits
    -Work/Life Balance
    -Opportunities to grow
    -Positive and affirming environment.
    -Great coworkers

Cons

-Disciplinary process
    -Rough rollouts for new customers

Advice to Management

I think there is sometimes too much of a focus on growth and not getting it right. New customer rollouts could be smoother. Consequences for not meeting goals should be clearly outlined and enforced.

6. "Enjoyable and Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young and fun culture. No night shifts. Lot of opportunities to learn and move into other technologies if you want to.

Gym in the office, Table tennis, Fresh Fruits, quarterly parties.

Cons

Policies change but not discussed with the employees before.

Advice to Management

We like it the way it is. Lot of our friends who left want to come back so don't change anything.

"What an AWESOME Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What's not to love
    Great people, great benefits, great opportunity
    Culture is phenomenal. Fun atmosphere. Extracurricular activities everywhere. Holiday parties, picnics, happy hours, charity committee, team sports such as softball, golf, soccer. All company paid for.
    Best benefits anywhere. Company pays 100% with very low co pays and out of pockets.
    Opportunity to work with some of the brightest most innovative people anywhere. They are also so much fun.
    Open door policy everywhere. Leadership team is very accessible and takes a keen interest in employees, their families, their life!
    Very diverse workplace with women on the executive team. S24 was leading edge with gender neutral bathrooms. Everyone is welcome.
    Great place to spend your entire career. You will continue to be challenged with something new everyday. Never gets boring. Opportunities to do whatever you are interested in
    Honor system for PTO. Seriously , you can take whatever time off you need
    This is like a big family and best place I have ever worked. Others feel exactly the same, because no one ever leaves. And if they do, 6 months later they come back

Cons

What's not to love. Awesome company, employees, leadership, technical and on and on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. And thank you for giving us this incredible place to work at

"Accelerated Professional Development"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The ability to expand your work experience at Secure-24 is unlike anything you can find within the IT industry at large. Career progression is real, and if you have the desire to be involved in new projects they exist year over year because Secure-24 is a growing company, who also invests in training for employees.
    Secure-24 appreciates hard work and does so with excellent benefits: unlimited vacation, health care, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
    Corporate responsibility is a big focus too, with a Professional Women's group, philanthropy committee, and many opportunities to be involved in community projects through the year. Commitment to diversity is a big deal, and gender neutral bathrooms and the employee assistance program are just a few things that really make a difference in people's lives.
    The remote work/work from home flexibility is very good. Working remote is no problem, which allows people to be present during important family and life events, but still make progress at professional development. While work from home is used widely, people want to come into the office because the people who work at Secure-24 are quite possibly the best part. There are few workplaces where you can make so many friends and build real professional trust. The happy hours, company events, and rec leagues for those into bowling/golf/soccer/flag football/softball/etc. make a big difference in getting to know people. I've never lacked a mentor or a friend while working at Secure-24 and it's because I've stayed involved in these types of activities.

Cons

IT Management, especially at a service provider, isn't for everyone. Secure-24 is in an industry that requires working on holidays and weekends, but they do a good job of working to be progressive about work/life balance and appreciating employees, and the effort put into this makes a big difference. IT everywhere has a gender and diversity imbalance, but again Secure-24 is taking real steps to improve in these areas. It's also a growing company, so if you don't like moving your desk every 6 months or the excitement of big projects, Secure-24 might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees and working to be the best IT company in the industry for your customers.

"Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Secure-24 is an amazing place to work! The benefits are outstanding, in particular, the limitless vacations, flexible work schedule and the happy hours where we get the chance to hang out with our co-workers and enjoy a few beers. The technology exposure is second to none and its great knowing that I have so many talented senior technical resources that are willing to help and grow me. My Management team are very approachable and they genuinely care for my well being.

Cons

None - I wish I would have found Secure-24 earlier in my career!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Always stay connected to the people and you will always get the right results. By the way, we love our new Microsoft Surface Hub, its awesome!!

10. "Performance Consultant"

I worked at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

Growing company in Innovative field

Cons

It is Southfield, Michigan based

Advice to Management

team members require opportunity for growth