Secureworks Network Security Senior Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

0 Rating
  1. "Alright"

Former Employee - Network Security Senior Analyst

I worked at Secureworks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in the SOC. It was good experience for me as I was still new to the industry. I was given SANS training and had two days working from home a week. I'm not sure if that's still a thing though as this was in 2016-2017. Management was flexible on snow days and would ask for feedback on what could be done better.

Cons

There was very high turnover on my team and no opportunity to move elsewhere in the company (outside of the SOC). I wasn't able to apply to certain positions I was interested in internally even though I held the same role for 2+ years. The job can get stressful sometimes as I didn't always have someone to escalate if I needed help. It definitely felt like it was sink or swim sometimes.

Secureworks2019-10-10

"SOC Analyst"

Current Employee - Network Security Senior Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Secureworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you cannot get on in this 'entry position' within the SOC, you cannot get on anywhere. If you are sitting bored, you are doing it wrong. If you do not volunteer, ask, promote, research & develop - you will not enjoy the job. If you do all of these things, you will fly. Flexible working, free food & drink, good pension scheme, free healthcare, ISA, good promotion prospects, company is doing really well, lots of good things going on.

Cons

Its not perfect - nowhere is - but the way we do things is magnitudes better than our competitors.

Secureworks2016-04-13

"EDI SOC Analyst"

Current Employee - Network Security Senior Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Secureworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Do your job and go home kind of environment. This can be seen as positive or negative, since it doesn't allow you to develop and change processes, you will soon grow detached from the role and be there for the paycheck. No room for creativity in such a role.

Cons

- Management with no technical or managerial experience which rely on 'distorting' the truth in order to hire new employees and detain employees longer. - Lack of training, except the GCIA certification you will not have the support required for the role. While you will be on the frontline of customer service, the management will try to not claim responsibility for issues as much as possible. - The role is a mix of call centre and event management, most likely not what you signed up for. - Highly compartmentalised, each team throws the ball onto the next and tries not to claim responsibility. - You are only allowed to move into the available SOC positions, even if you have the skills other roles require. - Management keeps repeating the phrases 'The company cares about you' and labeling as negative anyone who disagrees with them. - Salary way below market rates. The 'pay review' is still on-going (1 year now). - Not a role to have a career or if you want to achieve more than just a paycheck at the end of the month.

Secureworks2016-04-10

"Try looking elsewhere if you can"

Current Employee - Network Security Senior Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Secureworks full-time

Pros

Free Sans GCIA Cert Free coffee, pastries and fruit They hire graduates Some nice people can be found within the team

Cons

No structured development plan, you are simply told to go and speak to other teams and shout loud to progress. Low salary for UK market, you will most likely be stuck on the same salary for a few years. Some experienced colleagues in other teams have had the same salary for over 5 years. There is no yearly salary review like other well respected companies. Some local team leaders are condescending towards the team Relationship with our US colleagues isn't great. Unprofessional environment, employees are constantly late and some colleagues act as if they are still at school and no action is taken to stop this. Unprofessional remarks have been heard by the local management to clients and about other managers/team members. Some local management within the team are not technical but pretend like they know what they are talking about. No room for progression opportunities out of the department. HR and payroll are basically non existent, the only way to get hold of them is to complete a form on the intranet. Not valued, no form of development. 1 2 1's with your manager are more about trying to convince you that they care when they don't.

Secureworks2016-04-07