Secureworks Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 6, 2021

3.8
Secureworks President and CEO Mike Cote
Mike Cote
Pros
  • "The work life balance has been fantastic and the people I work with have been great(in 24 reviews)

• "Flexibility to work from home or work off hours(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "All deals had to go through upper management for approval(in 11 reviews)

• "In the SOC there's very little trust due to the junior nature of the staff(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Secureworks and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Fantastic Company

Sep 24, 2020 - Senior Office Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Bonus, Work-life Balance

Cons

Non Cons at this moment.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Experience!

Jan 6, 2021 - Senior Security Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is challenging, interesting, and diverse, and the people are great!

Cons

The work is highly demanding and stressful, and work-life balance is nonexistent. Compensation and benefits may seem market-competitive, but given the demand of the job, they aren't.

Sr. Manager - TA & Executive Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience here was not as positive as we'd like for it to have been. We are always looking for opportunities to make positive changes to our workplace environment for our employees worldwide. If you have additional comments about how your experience could have been improved, I welcome you to reach out to me at feedback@secureworks.com. Thank you, Chris

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

No Trust and Confusing Place to Work

Oct 15, 2020 - Solutions Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed the ability to work from home. For the most part, the work/life balance was great. For awhile, I did enjoy the work I did. The people are great. There are some really talented and knowledgeable people that work there. I just think they miss out on tapping into that talent effectively. I'm really struggling with this review. I spent a lot of time working with Secureworks. I was hoping to spend many more years at the company. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. I don't want this to come across as a flaming session, but maybe it will help the company improve, and hopefully help someone new evaluate if this is the right environment for them to jump into.

Cons

There really are a lot to list. In general, though, the biggest con with working here is the culture. Rules, processes, and even career objectives are created by the top managers without input from the people that actually do the work. It seemed like every few months there were new rules/processes put in place. Just when the business got into a rhythm, the processes change. The workers who are "instructed" to follow these rules try to follow them. When someone goes crying to the management about the changes, exceptions are allowed, thus undermining the staff who were trying to follow and adopt them. This happened over and over again to the point of me not bothering to even try following the new processes and instead direct complaints to management. Common statements I heard, "I didn't create the rules/processes, I just have to follow them. If you have complaints, speak to ." Absolutely zero delegation. All deals had to go through upper management for approval. In what world is it 'ok' that the CEO has to approve individual deals on a regular basis? Absolutely ludicrous. I can see "occasional" large deal situations, but this was common practice. New direction to a software company is a huge mistake in my opinion. May help shareholder value but it doesn't help the customer or the employees career opportunities. I really question if the decisions made live up to the Company Values so often promoted internally.

5 people found this review helpful

Secureworks Response

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience here was not as positive as we'd like for it to have been. We are always looking for opportunities to make positive changes to our workplace environment for our employees worldwide. If you have comments about how your experience could have been improved, I welcome you to reach out to me at feedback@secureworks.com. Thank you!

4. 5.0

Excellent place to grow

Jun 9, 2020 - Senior Advisor in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advanced technology. Strong systems and data management within the company. Family driven Executive leadership team, coworkers interact as a team and bureaucracy-free. Strong potential with current go to market strategy.

Cons

Work life balance is promoted, however sometimes overtime is needed.

1 person found this review helpful

Secureworks Response

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us! We take a lot of pride in our company culture and strive to create an environment that is enjoyable for all of our team members. We love to hear when our team members are pleased by the value we place on work life balance and family oriented leadership. We are always looking for ways to provide a great work atmosphere for all of our team members. If you have ideas for how we can continue to grow and improve, we encourage you to bring those ideas to your managers or our culture team. You can also send feedback directly to me at anytime by writing to feedback@secureworks.com. Thanks again! Tom

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flexibility and work life balance are outstanding. Career growth is a challenge.

Jul 24, 2019 - CSM in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of best companies out there for Work-Life balance. We’re expected to get our job done and then go spend time with our families. They also have a very flexible WFH policy which makes that balance even better. I’m also paid very well for doing a good job. This makes it easier to work hard.

Cons

Career Growth is difficult. This was one of the reasons I came to Secureworks but instead I’ve found it difficult to advance despite having many contacts in many parts of the organization. It seems that if a person doesn’t want/can’t be in sales then career growth is difficult to come by.

Secureworks Response

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us! We love to hear when our team members are pleased by the work-life balance we offer. We are always looking for ways to provide a great work atmosphere for all of our team members. If you have ideas for how we can continue to grow and improve, we encourage you to bring those ideas to your managers or our culture team. You can also send feedback directly to me at anytime by writing to feedback@secureworks.com. Thanks again! - Tom

6. 5.0

Great Interview Process and Work Experience

Jan 20, 2020 - Senior Project/Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

During my interview process the hiring team did a fantastic job keeping me informed throughout my time as a candidate. The work life balance has been fantastic and the people I work with have been great.

Cons

I have been at SecureWorks for three months now and I do not have any cons at this point.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Strong engineering team

Jan 6, 2019 - Engineering in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

From a 3 year current engineering employee with experience at multiple startups and mid/large companies: * Seasoned engineering leaders in mgmt and architecture that value solutions over ego and results over panic. * Several different products to work on provide lateral team or technology opportunity. * Engineering mgmt focused on empowerment, so squads own development process plus production and ship quickly using public and private clouds for development. * Flexible work life balance * Real ML and big data opportunities with extensive data sets and computing clusters. * Numerous skilled, long term employees willing to help you with problems or provide information

Cons

* Since it's a security company, internal controls are significant, which can be a pain point for those not used to such a highly mature environment. * Extensively collaborative scrum/squad/agile teamwork means that team members have to proactively work with managers on development plans in order to identify opportunities to shine.

1 person found this review helpful

Secureworks Response

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us! We take a lot of pride in our company culture and strive to create an environment that is enjoyable for all of our team members. We are always looking for ways to provide a great work atmosphere for all of our team members. If you have ideas for how we can continue to grow and improve, we encourage you to bring those ideas to your managers or our culture team. You can also send feedback directly to me at anytime by writing to feedback@secureworks.com. Thanks again! Tom

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company Review

Feb 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance work from home

Cons

too many reorganizations for me

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to woek

Sep 18, 2019 - Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance Remote working Flexibility with technology used.

Cons

Slower adoption of cutting edge technology but not non-existent

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interesting place, great people, great technology

May 29, 2019 - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting edge software, amongst the smartest people you'll find outside of Google, good work/life balance, good benefits (as part of Dell)

Cons

Secureworks seems to be in a bit of a transition period, moving from a services company to a more product focused company, this isn't without bumps.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews