Securitas Security Services USA Reviews | Glassdoor

1,878 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,878 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy job and branch management is easy to work with (in 63 reviews)

• Set schedule full time hours easy work (in 39 reviews)

Cons

1. "Unarmed security guard"

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Bellefontaine, OH
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Bellefontaine, OH

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere from upper management

Cons

Supervision weak lacked training qualities - needed better understanding of job responsibilities

Advice to Management

Better communications with security guards so they could perform jobs better

2. "Good Company"

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA part-time

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Salary is base on the site

Advice to Management

Keep doing your great work.

3. "Escort"

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job and branch management is easy to work with.

Cons

Mundane tasks and the technology and tools are outdated.

4. "Easy Job"

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time

Pros

Easy job, The post didn't require to much walking, mainly sitting down in a booth all day.

Cons

No pay raises. No career advancements

5. "Security Guard"

Current Employee - Securitas Security Guard in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Securitas Security Guard in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

paid weekly, easy work, little to no supervision depending on site

Cons

pay could be better, no benefits, no holiday pay, they hate you if you call in sick, they hire almost any guards so relief is not reliable always.

Advice to Management

lets not be so greedy and pay the guards more fair, and be more organized.

6. "officer"

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time

Pros

job sites, uniforms, over time

Cons

pay rate, communication, lack of pay

Advice to Management

better pay and opitinal work sites

7. "Human Resources specialists"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Roseville, MN

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing position to say about this company.. worst company! Please replace the HR & Mgrs in the Roseville, MN location!

Cons

No breaks & vacation for working. HR & Mgr gossips too much about their employees. I do not recommend this company to anyone! If anyone decides to work for this company, you can find out for yourself. Worst company I've ever worked for!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

8. "Security Guard"

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time

Pros

The major pros are you're basically being paid to do minimal work. You meet some great co-workers. I would recommend security especially to those in school. It will allow time for you to do homework while you're at work.

Cons

Cons are this company, or at least in my area, they're are not willing to pay above $10 but since you're not doing a lot of work it's understandable. There's also the whole thing where they'll give guards supervisor positions when some guys aren't ready or aren't meant for the position. There is no such thing as moving up in the company. Whatever position you started with is probably the only position you'll always hold. Lastly this company prefers to really put clients over workers. I previously worked at a site where some anonymous person kept calling and main office and telling them we weren't doing our jobs. Without question, they switched out every officer but me and the supervisor at the time. The management office still got complaints and the branch manager ended up moving the last two out. But the post still got complaints when the guards were doing their jobs but there was no investigation to see what was going on.

9. "Bad Place to Work!!"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Dexter, MN
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Dexter, MN

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros ! Horrible place to work!

Cons

Supervisor was stalking me at my job trying to get me fired for any reason!
    Supervisor was cursing at me everytime i went to talk to him about what was going on at the site and always in a bad mood!

Advice to Management

Fire some of your lousy supervisors who only want to make themselves look good by trying to fire everybody!

"Held together by duct tape and happy thoughts"

Former Employee - Security Guard/Mail Clerk in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Security Guard/Mail Clerk in Everett, WA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* The work hours got me home by 2 pm most days

Cons

* Cheap! The vehicles they gave us to work with on-site that had to be used daily would constantly break down, fall apart, or be completely out of commission, and it was just up to US to work around it.
    * They spend as little as they can possibly get away with. When a higher-up came down to review their contract with the company we were hired to work with, it was to finally give us a pay raise from minimum wage. Instead, the higher-up quietly left that day and made our poor supervisor break the news that they decided to keep our pay the same, only now we no longer get any paid time off, vacations, or sick days and no chance of review again for another 10 years.
    * Their hiring practices were honestly a joke. This was an incredibly physically demanding job which involved lots of heavy lifting of things up to 50 or 60 pounds, and they were hiring literally anyone who replied to their opening on Craigslist. We had tiny young teenage girls the size of twigs and poor little old ladies past their 60s who were expected to heave boxes half their weight. All this accomplished was the 2 or 3 people actually physically capable of our jobs having to do all of the work. I was close to permanently damaging the muscles in my arms from all the work I was doing because no one else was capable of sharing the load. The job interview process for me consisted of walking into a shady back room in a hotel where they wrote down my social security number, glazed over my resume and said I was hired. Other people I worked with were interviewed inside a Starbucks. It's a joke.
    * Because it's a full-time job that requires a large amount of learning and memorization and physical labor that pays us in pennies like we were part-time kids at a movie theater, with NO possibility of upward mobility or pay raise, employment was a constant revolving door. People were crawling up the wall to find jobs elsewhere. It's all anyone talked about during breaks. People were using the printer at work to print out job applications for other places. We were consistently understaffed, sometimes even down to 5 people at one point. It was a nightmare.
    * We were completely isolated from assistance. We had a vicious bout of harassment amongst other employees who would pick on one specific coworker. Bullying them, calling & texting ugly things to them, sending almost daily complaints about them to our supervisor. It was terrible. But no matter how many times we documented and reported this harassment, no matter how many witnesses stepped in to confirm it, no one ever came in to help us. They simply waited for either the victim or the aggressors to quit on their own accord and let the problem solve itself. THAT was truly despicable. They simply don't care about us.

Advice to Management

* Get your act together. Rather than offer your contracts to the lowest, cheapest bidder, actually give your employees an incentive to stay besides hopeless desperation.
    * Have a basic understanding of what your employees do. every phone call to our managers and higher-ups would inevitably start and end with us repeatedly having to explain just our basic duties that we've been hired for. I feel if it weren't for us constantly calling them ourselves they'd simply forget we even existed.

Don't work for these guys.

Showing 1,878 of 1,921 reviews