Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Heidi Bolton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours on top the stress of dealing with people that don't want to pay" (in 18 reviews)

• "Do not need the late nights need to make the hours from 8:30 to 5:30" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have the best Team! SFC is a great Company to work for. A lot of advancement opportunities. Company paid insurance/401K/Paid holidays/No Sundays

Cons

I honestly don't have any

Advice to Management

None. I appreciate working for a Company that offers training/cares about their employees and understands that family is important.

"Amazing company to work for!!!"

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are FREE to employees
    Schedule 9-6
    Competitive pay
    Friendly staff
    Many opportunities!!

Cons

I have no cons for Security Finance

3. "Treat u like a crap"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

Pros

Only pros is meeting people an meetings

Cons

Hours, can't take off for anything can't take vacation till they say you can they do not care about their employees

Advice to Management

You are no better than a assistant you forget about who sees the customers first!

4. "Good company"

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Good place to start a career.

Cons

Some late nights and limited advancement opportunities.

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are the reason most stay

Cons

Leadership is malicious and contradicting. Ethics are obsolete in leadership. Employees are treated with a lack of “adult” respect and integrity. Employees are often unsure of what to do as policy states one thing and leadership forces another in an “indirect” manner to protect themselves. Employees are threatened about job security daily in an “indirect” manner... meaning ‘you don’t say it but you definitely insinuate it’. This has to be one of the messiest, back stabbing companies I know of.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same. Look at your leadership starting with home office and VP interaction with employees. Be mindful that people are intimidated but if given the opportunity to voice opinions anonymously they will but the fear of retaliation is a problem. Stop putting those “higher ups” on a pedestal they are the companies down fall with turnover... start looking from the head leadership even at corporate. Train those directors and VPs how to treat people fairly. A lot of malicious intent in leadership and gossiping about other leaders. The company is viewed as a joke by its competitors because when people leave they tell the truth. Other companies are not ran this way and it’s embarrassing to say the least that I worked for such a company.

6. "Assistant Manager"

Pros

Benefits
    Training
    Quarterly Meetings
    Pay
    Ability to connect with customers

Cons

Work/Life balance
    Management
    Poor Security
    Lack of tools to reference job
    Unrealistic goals

7. "No Work / Life balance."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee paid medical insurance. Thats it. The compensation is low, PTO does not accumulate, and employees work 6 days a week. with a one hour lunch and no additional breaks. not even after working 9 hours shift.

Cons

No vision insurance option. Work 6 days a week , but yet expect Employees to be 100%. No consideration for family or anything outside of work. Schedule changes whenever the manager decides to update.

Advice to Management

After working 6 days a week your employees are mentally exhausted. In order to continue having great customer service and production the employee needs to be happy and healthy. If we work 6 days a week we can't even make Dr appointments. Not to mention the schedule is not what I was advised by the recruiter upon hiring.

8. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bethany, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bethany, OK

Pros

Good opportunity and if get right branch and people... Too much drama, poor training but excellent potential

Cons

The lack if concern for family...not letting them go to school plays because of the need to work late two nights a week and saturdays as well as til 8 pm at the end if the month... Their response is... Oh well gotta work those calls.

Advice to Management

Care more about tge mental and emotional health than of your employees.

9. "Good company"

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

Company outings, bonuses, good hours

Cons

Too much in office drama

"Pros & Cons"

Pros

Great benefit package-paid holidays-401k-paid vacation and sick days

Cons

They say they have open door policy but it’s not true. Some leaders are like working for a dictatorship

Advice to Management

There should be a way to report issues anonymously. Getting information on post employment surveys is a waste of time. If current employees could report issues without fear of repercussions you could stop losing good people because of bad leadership.