Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Ray Biggs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent health insurance, 401K and profit sharing (in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits and profit sharing (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours / Sat work / lack of life/work balance (in 16 reviews)

• Sometimes you may have to work late nights or 6 days a week (in 10 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits package is wonderful. Flexible schedule. I was always able to work it out to attend my kids events at school.

Cons

Collections is always a challenge. Changes happen quite often but that’s not the company’s fault. Evaluations and raises aren’t consistent

Advice to Management

Communicate with the people in the branches doing the job better. Be more realistic when setting objectives. Show more appreciation to assistants

2. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Territory Supervisor in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Territory Supervisor in Anderson, SC

Pros

I have worked for SFC for over 15 years. I can not imagine not working for another company. The benefits package is one of the best with free insurance for the employee and minimal fee for dental. 401K and profit sharing program makes you feel like you are truly part of the company.

Cons

No cons to speak of. The finance industry is competitive, numbers driven and goal setting atmosphere. I must admit this job is not for everyone and you have to be a motivated, self starter and results oriented.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your attention to your employee's and going above and beyond to be a leader in our industry with all of the changes we have seen of recent. I do feel entry level employees would benefit from a more vocal approach from home office and the direction the company intends to take when changes are made.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits from medical, to 401k and profit sharing, up to 4 weeks paid vacation and paid holidays. Very customer oriented and friendly environment. Company strives for overall satisfaction of customers and employees. Pay is good with good bonus structure.

Cons

Work schedule for employees, but unfortunately it is needed to provide for the needs of the customer.

Advice to Management

Be fair with work hours throughout the company, hours vary from office to office and some are open every Saturday and some do not even up on Saturdays. Maybe different shifts that can be rotated amongst employees.

4. "Great Company"

Pros

Opportunities to move up based on experience and performance, not just time in position. Excellent health insurance, 401K and profit sharing. Company invests in training and developing personnel, just up to the individual as to how much they invest in themselves. Helps customers and local communities. You can make a difference everyday.

Cons

Advancement sometimes depends on ability to relocate within the state or other states if there is not any open local promotion opportunities.

5. "Assistant Manager"

Pros

Nice pay good benefits pays for your health insurance

Cons

Long works hours , collecting hard

6. "More a family than a job! Great place to work, but don't expect to get rich working here."

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

> Easy hours, 9-5 mon thru fri with two nights until 8.
    > Good training
    > Management cares about the development of its people
    > Good benefits and profit sharing
    > Customers are great

Cons

> Payscale is outdated.
    > Bonus structure is fair, but when combined with payscale most employees still make less than their competitor's counterparts.

Advice to Management

Consider restructuring pay (even doing away with bonuses altogether) so that hourly wage is more in line with the level of responsibility the employees are given.

"It's a who you know company **4 year employee**NWGA"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I managed 4 separate offices and among those 4...3 were enjoyable. It's like family in most offices when you have a good team behind you. The benefits are good and Corporate treats the employees well. Insurance is free for employees and cheap to add family. Dollar per Dollar 401k match

Cons

Poor leadership at Supervisor/VP levels. To many good leaders and team members either walk away or lose their jobs because of personal relationships Supervisors have with other employees. Breaking laws is something that happens often here as well. Corp and Auditing team needs to be more aware of what's going on. Fear of job loss for breaking and for not breaking company policies and collection laws is an issue. Long hours / Sat work / lack of life/work balance. Optional Insurances are forced on customers without knowledge and are not sold to customers. SENIOR assistants that still follow old/outdated collection practices that are by law banned.

Advice to Management

Auditing team needs to review more than file documents. Their should be a a loan review team on a Corp level that calls random customers after loan closings to verify insurance was explained and that they understood the cost of that insurance. You have good people working for you but many of your upper management / leaders are self serving. Their should be anonymous leadership reviews / surveys and experiences done on all Supervisors/ VPs

"Must Be Part Of The "It" Club"

Former Employee - Store Manager in LaFayette, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in LaFayette, GA

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Health Insurance
    Decent Bonus Potential

Cons

Stay on Your Social Media Page and question anything you post. Even if its private. I dont know if they have bots or what or profiles they make and send you requests. I was terminated due to my social media page. I'm not a partier or drinker so it wasnt any of that. They didnt agree with my political and religious views. You read that right. They gave me warning to have everything removed but since I didnt I was let go. I wasnt part of the club.

Worked till 9pm many times even when my store was doing the best in the district and/or state. Hours of operation were never consistent and confused the customers.

Advised to do anything to collect on accounts but would be thrown to the wolves once you were caught.

Advice to Management

Set a straight schedule and dont force employees to work till 9pm on the last day of the month. Dont become friends with certain employees and treat the other employees like dirt. I loved this company until I was promoted to a store manager and saw the different side of the company that the understaff doesnt get to see. Stay off of your employees social media accounts and dont judge them because they support a certain politician or have a religious belief that is different than your own.

9. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Hugo, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Hugo, OK

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical benefits. Paid time off. Office job

Cons

None that I know of.

Advice to Management

Great job

10. "SENIOR ASSISTANT MAN"

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Duncan, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Duncan, OK

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok. Health insurance is great. They also have a Christmas club.

Cons

Hours are horrible. Do not need the late nights need to make the hours from 8:30 to 5:30.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the late nights and Saturdays. No one shows up.