Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Heidi Bolton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent health insurance, 401K and profit sharing (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits and profit sharing (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours on top the stress of dealing with people that don't want to pay (in 18 reviews)

• field calls and late nights were terrible; management fires an employee from each branch that has a bad month (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Territory Supervisor in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Territory Supervisor in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for SFC for over 15 years. I can not imagine not working for another company. The benefits package is one of the best with free insurance for the employee and minimal fee for dental. 401K and profit sharing program makes you feel like you are truly part of the company.

Cons

No cons to speak of. The finance industry is competitive, numbers driven and goal setting atmosphere. I must admit this job is not for everyone and you have to be a motivated, self starter and results oriented.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your attention to your employee's and going above and beyond to be a leader in our industry with all of the changes we have seen of recent. I do feel entry level employees would benefit from a more vocal approach from home office and the direction the company intends to take when changes are made.

2. "Csr"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone friendly, liked the customer interaction

Cons

Long hours , collection of accounts

Advice to Management

None

3. "Good place to work."

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

Amazing coworkers, benefits,challenging,customers are great,team based

Cons

Pay,hours,not alot of room for advancement

4. "Senior Assistant"

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

The benefits are mediocre at best.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations in every aspect of the job.

Advice to Management

Try treating your employees with respect.

5. "Not a good place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They acknowledge top performers.

Cons

Recruiting is slow and don't know what they are doing. The training provided did not prepare me for the real job. It was a sink or swim situation.
    It is a very stressful job. They ask so much of us yet the entry pay is horrible.

Advice to Management

Ask yourself. Could you feed /support a family on what you pay your employees? The answer is No!

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Manager In Waiting in Sun Prairie, WI
    Former Employee - Manager In Waiting in Sun Prairie, WI

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an overall great company to work for. I had a GREAT supervisor, and I had a GREAT boss. I never saw myself leaving the company, but then I had a kid and it's not a great work/home life balance if you have a family. We always hit our bonuses every month, so you get bonuses. You get Christmas bonuses.

Cons

If you do not like doing taxes, don't work here.
    If you have a family, wait till your children are older to drive themselves.

7. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

Fantastic Benefits. Work, life balace

Cons

None that I can think of

8. "Horrible position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

There is absolutely no pros about this job. The stress is not worth the 11.00 an hour. You get some one standing behind you, telling you what to say on the phones. It’s frustrating-

Cons

You get micromanaged, your schedule is always changing, never get all your travel miles, they force you to travel to other locations when it’s wasnt even in the job description. You get ridiculed for your section, even though you just started the job. Supervisors are of no help. You can’t call and ask a simple question with out getting told to look it up yourself. (Even if it’s something you are confused on and need some help with). Was told I would only be working 2 Saturday’s a month. Ended up working every Saturday from the day I started. Asking for a day off to attend doctors appts is a joke. You get told no. If you call in sick and have no sick time. You get wrote up.

Advice to Management

Revamp your system. It sucks.

9. "Too many house calls"

Pros

The customers and co workers were great. The money was decent. The loan process was interesting. Helping people. If you met your quota, You could get bonuses depending on how long you have been with the company

Cons

Going to customers houses that were very late on payments. That was the worst part of the job. Some workers have actually gotten threatened if they went to their houses or jobs. Calling all day long. Longer hours than I expected.

Advice to Management

Workers should spend less time going to peoples houses and more time in the office.

"Terrible Company"

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

chance for a monthly bonus