Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Heidi Bolton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent health insurance, 401K and profit sharing (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits and profit sharing (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours on top the stress of dealing with people that don't want to pay (in 18 reviews)

• field calls and late nights were terrible; management fires an employee from each branch that has a bad month (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Territory Supervisor in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Territory Supervisor in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for SFC for over 15 years. I can not imagine not working for another company. The benefits package is one of the best with free insurance for the employee and minimal fee for dental. 401K and profit sharing program makes you feel like you are truly part of the company.

Cons

No cons to speak of. The finance industry is competitive, numbers driven and goal setting atmosphere. I must admit this job is not for everyone and you have to be a motivated, self starter and results oriented.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your attention to your employee's and going above and beyond to be a leader in our industry with all of the changes we have seen of recent. I do feel entry level employees would benefit from a more vocal approach from home office and the direction the company intends to take when changes are made.

2. "Csr"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone friendly, liked the customer interaction

Cons

Long hours , collection of accounts

Advice to Management

None

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Manager In Waiting in Sun Prairie, WI
    Former Employee - Manager In Waiting in Sun Prairie, WI

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an overall great company to work for. I had a GREAT supervisor, and I had a GREAT boss. I never saw myself leaving the company, but then I had a kid and it's not a great work/home life balance if you have a family. We always hit our bonuses every month, so you get bonuses. You get Christmas bonuses.

Cons

If you do not like doing taxes, don't work here.
    If you have a family, wait till your children are older to drive themselves.

4. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

Fantastic Benefits. Work, life balace

Cons

None that I can think of

5. "Too many house calls"

Pros

The customers and co workers were great. The money was decent. The loan process was interesting. Helping people. If you met your quota, You could get bonuses depending on how long you have been with the company

Cons

Going to customers houses that were very late on payments. That was the worst part of the job. Some workers have actually gotten threatened if they went to their houses or jobs. Calling all day long. Longer hours than I expected.

Advice to Management

Workers should spend less time going to peoples houses and more time in the office.

6. "Terrible Company"

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

chance for a monthly bonus

Cons

7. "Senior Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Moline, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Moline, IL

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They don't really require you to have any experience, so everything is on the job training which is nice. You get free individual health care and bonuses up to 400 a month.

Cons

Long hours, the companies communication skills are poor at best, constant policy changes, you don't get paid out for your mileage for training until you get back from your training so you have to have money up front and if they find out you are looking for another job to better yourself they will treat to bad. Also if you tell on your manager about something wrong he is doing he will know about it and you will be stuck working with him after the fact and is a highly st

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers. and Communicate better to the employees

8. "Stay away from here"

Pros

Nothing good at all stay away

Cons

This company is a fraud im filing a federal lawsuit suit against them an psf

Advice to Management

Fraud

9. "Assistant Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Swansea, SC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Swansea, SC

Pros

Not Confined to just working in Office

Cons

Schedule and hours are terrible, never know when you are going home and off work.
    On last day of every month you can be at work mandatory until after 10 pm or be fired or until you've went and knocked on peoples doors and threatened and begged for money on bad debt loans so you can go home to your family
    Micromanaged to a Nonsense level
    No Room to grow
    Upper Area management is too old to manage and company scared to relieve her of duties, shes old, forgetful, ride, and almost senile acting.
    Unobtainable goals listed just so quotas cant be met and bonuses wont be met either

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your manager and allow them to manage their stores and make certian decisions and you may find out that some of your stores so way better, and in some of your stores watch the store managers as they are your problems crowding out and covering up the talents of your assistant managers taking credit for all the work done and goals met by your assistant manager because you have no communication or trust or confidentiality with your assistants and run back and talk about them with each other as biased gossipers if known longer. Its not a professional environment or a place to come for long employment especially if your a good, talented, smart, worker, any threat to a manager in these stores will be eliminated as soon as they realize your good a may take their job after they take credit for all your work.

"Loved working there"

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Abilene, TX

Pros

Benefits, hours, customer service experience, bosses were nice and helpful

Cons

Put my two week notice left a little early explained why in my resignation letter was trying to better myself asked to come to work if I needed to found out I was put as non rehireable because I went to work for a competitor I really wanted to go back to work and I thought they agreed to let
    Me come back after accepting my resignation letter my supervisor did not say anything when he was there on the last day.