Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Grant Skeens

1. "Decent company but needs help"

Former Employee - Contract Processor in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Contract Processor in Mason, OH

I worked at Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, good pay, good flexibility for needed time off, they have a lot of events and fun things for employees

Cons

Leads are promoted from within with minimal leadership training before letting them on their own. They want processors to be robots and have a ridiculously high accuracy. When mistake is made they scold you like a child rather than coaching you be better. Management likes to micromanage and in a little too laid back on friendships. The whole company has "cliques" and if you are not in one you are cast aside like you don't matter. They are also very behind on technology and processing paper contracts. They release me procedures on paper without testing or knowing how it will fully work and expect the employees to do it properly.

Advice to Management

Invest into new technology, vet out processes and new procedures before launching department wide, pay attention to leads and make sure they are truly helping your employees learn and grow rather than telling them an issue and never assisting to resolve it.

2. "Dealer Development Representative"

Former Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SNAAC is a company that gives you opportunity to work on all aspects as a Dealer Rep. You are able to help with getting deals funded. Also, able to sell all bank products. Great customer support from the main office. Great benefits.

Cons

One of the biggest cons is that the company is not able too maintain a competitive edge. But, the great thing is that they realize where they are lacking and are constantly making changes to be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Continue your great support with the Dealer Development Representatives and your great support with your Dealer base. I would only suggest to continue what you can to remain competitive with your competitors.

"The reviews speak!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I have been working at Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. full-time

Pros

Good People trying to make a living

Cons

HR is mentioned numerous times not doing their jobs only caring about the next food they are going to consume. Management is awful. Accounting is so far behind that payments are not applied or applied to the incorrect accounts. Customers will soon realize this I will make it my mission to let them know.

Advice to Management

This company was once a good company. Time to let go and close your doors.

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Mason, OH

I have been working at Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people trying to make a decent living in a micromanagement environment. SNAAC was once a great company but no more.

Cons

Management views micromanaging workers will somehow produce better results, bringing more revenue. The financial makeup of the company is going down hill. Checks from insurance companies and dealerships are not posting into customer's account, checks sit in unapplied accounts for months and months at a time. Customers accounts go delinquent when the check would have paid off the account. Snaac then charges off customers accounts ruining their credit. This company needs more scrutiny by the CFPB.

Advice to Management

Fire present management before customers realize what SNAAC is doing to their credit and file a class action lawsuit.

"Warning!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

There is some flexibility with schedules.

Cons

No unity among departments. No raises. HR seems to only care about HR. The turnover is extremely high. CEO, VP has changed to new people. Laid off employees. Lead team is inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Start over.

Mar 21, 2016 – Sr. Director of HR

At SNAAC we are proud of our accomplishments, voted a Top Workplace in 2013 and 2015, we consistently work to provide team members with growth opportunities, strong benefits and a deep support for ... More

7. "Great Experience - I love my job!"

Current Employee - Collector - Portfolio Manager in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Collector - Portfolio Manager in Mason, OH

Pros

Hired in March, promoted in July, promoted again in October. Collections department has a great incentive and promotion plan. The new leads are really helpful and I have been able to learn something new and succeed. I am really enjoying my job here. New stars award - really like it! VA help - that's really great. New CEO Grant is really positive and excited.

Cons

Some associates who have been here a while can be negative at times. They seem to complain a lot - I just listen to them -but I love the place! So glad I was hired here.

Advice to Management

Ignore the complainers - they don't realize how good it is. Once they go out to another company and see what everyone else is doing they will want come back in a heartbeat!

8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Mason, OH

I have been working at Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Progressive company and through weekly reports tries to adapt to changes in the market. Direct management heavily involved to ensure success.

Cons

Work/ family life balance is challenging at times. Due to territory management you must frequently travel. A lot of nights and weekends spent working with dealers to negotiate contracts

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more often. Trust they are working hard to obtain every contract available to them. Become more competitive in the industry.

"sales"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Director in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Director in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. (More than 3 years)

Pros

it was a great company to work

Cons

hated to see my manager leave fro another company

Sep 21, 2015 – HR

At SNAAC we are proud of our accomplishments both for our team members and the community. Voted a Top Workplace finalist in 2013 and 2015, we consistently work to provide a company with growth ... More

"Doors will close soon"

Former Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Really nothing. The basic health insurance, direct deposit, 401K (but 6 year vest).

Cons

Upper management very weak. Middle managers struggle as they were promoted from inside sales and collections so they are not sure what to do once outside B2B. HR is is more concerned with the next lunch fiesta than actually focusing on their duties. Collectively this company has no leadership and does not understand automotive.

Advice to Management

Now that the CEO has resigned, continue cleaning house.

Sep 1, 2015 – HR Recruiter

"Sinking Ship - Man the Lifeboats!!"

Current Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Dealer Development Representative in Remote, OR

I have been working at Security National Automotive Acceptance Corp. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Remote -working from home, engage with dealerships without working for one, outside sales

Cons

Where to start? Management is clueless about automotive, the most sales experience upper management has is from an ex-door to door knife salesman! Middle managers are a joke with no leadership ability and zero people skills. Military lending is a dead niche and this company does not have the sales savvy leadership to course correct. Look elsewhere if you want a "job". Pay is nothing great, especially for 60+ hours a week.

Advice to Management

Resign. Your lack of vision and inability to correctly forecast sales projections have started the foundation of a once strong company crumbling. The task outweighs your abilities.

Sep 1, 2015 – HR Recruiter