Security Public Storage Reviews | Glassdoor

Security Public Storage Reviews

Updated Jan 17, 2019

Found 14 reviews

4.0
  1. "Fun job with good people"

Current Employee - Relief Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Security Public Storage part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots to do. You stay busy. Learn lots of new things. Good upper management.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work thru your lunch if you're alone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the monthly contests

Security Public Storage2019-01-17
  2. "Glad to be part of the SPS family!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Security Public Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a newer employee, everyone has been very welcoming. I have the best bosses! This company wants to see you succeed! They have recognized my hard work and potential by giving me tasks that allow me to learn new areas of the business. I'm looking forward to many years here at SPS!

Cons

None - Great company to work for!

Security Public Storage2018-11-28
  3. "One of the best companies I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Security Public Storage full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for SPS for more than 2 years and I love my job. My boss and all my coworkers are awesome. It really feels like family. My boss encourages me to run my site like it is my own business, which I love. Really good benefits too.

Cons

Sometimes customers leave really big messes on the property. It's not the funnest to clean up but part of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication!

Security Public Storage2018-11-28
  4. "A great company to work for"

Former Employee - Onsite Manager

I worked at Security Public Storage part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed my time with SPS. My Regional Manager had great communication and always made me feel like I was running my own franchise. At one point I had a personal crisis and it was obvious everyone on up the chain truly cared about my well being.

Cons

Not really a con on the company, but some site managers gripe about having to do work. It's a job, that's what you are paid to do.

Advice to Management

More employee recognition like the newsletter, top ten and christmas party

Security Public Storage2018-11-19
  5. "Buyer be warned"

Current Employee - Upper Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Security Public Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its a job. It is a company to get you by till you find a real job.

Cons

Micromanaging. Low pay. Ownership send you emails t middle of night and holidays. As a former upper managment employee they do not care about safety or care for the employees. On manager is blind because of lack of safety measures.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Company has a clear picture to take advantage of people for cheap pay and squeeze them for anything he can.

Security Public Storage2018-07-14

September 29, 2018Director of Sales and Marketing

Can you please expand on one manager being blind from lack of safety measures? Safety is something we take VERY seriously, and we do not have any worker's comp records of that of incident -- we would like to make sure it's addressed.

6. "Assistant Manager means part time and no benefits"

I worked at Security Public Storage part-time

Pros

Overall it is an honest outfit that never requires unethical acts.

Cons

Pay for the "Assistant Manger" is a tiny touch over minimum wage. There are additional pathetically small commissions that could add a dollar or two on average. Every incoming phone call is recorded and evaluated for salesmanship and sticking to a script. Use of your personal vehicle is required for work without reimbursement - but not that much - just a trip to bank type of thing - still wrong.

Advice to Management

Centralize your incoming telephone prospects.

Security Public Storage2017-05-16

May 18, 2017SPS Reprensentative

Thanks for your comments! We have both part-time AND full-time Assistant Manager positions, depending on the size of that particular facility. As I'm sure you are aware, the job ad you applied for outlines whether it's PT or FT and that's discussed in detail during the interview process. ...

7. "It's a great day (& job) at Security Public Storage"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Security Public Storage

Pros

I absolutely love this company. I have been with them, for a decent amount of time. I have watched, and help develop and coach people in this company who grew with it. They see good employees and reward them, even if sometimes it seems they do not notice your hard work. The director team is amazing. I personally look up to them for continuous personal development, and have learned so much from them. The onwers really...

Cons

I would say 95% of the upper management is top notch. There are some, who hold a position higher than on site manager, that I would not call leaders. They are managers in that they can look at numbers and tell you what's up or down. But they do not know how motivate their teams. Leadership is more the number regurgitation, they need to improve weaknesses and build on strengths. Criticism is easy to give out, but personal...

Advice to Management

Openly praise your teams, and do it individually. Keep criticism between you and the person your are criticising. People make mistakes, but mistakes can be great opportunities to strengthen weaknesses. And If you have never been an on site manager, take time to listen and learn from yours. It's easy to be a critic to the boxer, when you have never been in the ring.

Security Public Storage2016-12-22
  8. "Very good company to be a part of."

Current Employee - Onsite Manager in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Security Public Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is very organized and well-structured. The superiors make me feel like I'm a very important part of their system instead of just another employee. I also enjoy how everyone is on a first-name basis with each other and most of us know each other relatively well, which is good for morale.

Cons

Sometimes this small organization can feel like a much larger corporation.

Security Public Storage2016-12-09
  9. "Ok for temporary work"

Former Employee - Relief Manager

I worked at Security Public Storage

Pros

Relatively Laid back sales environment, fairly easy job. My Immediate managers were competent, friendly, and created a positive work environment.

Cons

Not Great pay, a lot of drama within the company. Corporate was very micromanaging, but provided little support for employees. Regional Management would undermine facility managers, and not back their employees even when employees were following company policies. Zero room for career growth.

Advice to Management

Management was always very shortsighted, trying to save a penny now rather than building sales and marketing models for continued long term success. Same with contractors--going with the lowest bidder sometimes meant more issues down the line.

Security Public Storage2016-10-31

November 7, 2016SPS Reprensentative

Thank you for your feedback. Our opportunity for growth is one of our major pluses. Just this year we've promoted three Relief Managers to Facility Managers. I'd like to address your comments about the Regional Manager undermining the facility manager. Could you DM me more specifics?

10. "Onsite Manager for a year and a half"

Former Employee - Onsite Manager

I worked at Security Public Storage

Pros

Family owned company, great pay upside, free housing, good communication by management. I truly loved my time with SPS. The owners always take care of their facilities and their employees. It was one of the funnest jobs I've ever had.

Cons

Wearing too many hats; sales, cleaning, customer service, marketing, clerical, data entry.

Advice to Management

Not everyone can be an expert at everything. ;)

Security Public Storage2016-09-13