Sedgwick Claims Management Services Reviews in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North
Dave North

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is not what it could be (in 67 reviews)

• no work life balance too much work (in 33 reviews)

"Leadership can make poor decisions that impact all of us"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO and benefits, able to share ideas and be innovate, innovative company that relies on technology for automation

Cons

Laid off after working on a strategic project for over 2 years - the leadership team was making careless decisions which led to most of team being laid off with no where to turn. Even when we were raising red flags about issues, no one seemed to care. PE investor KKR was heavily involved with project and had a lot of decision making power. The rest of the company isn't like this. Non-operations positions are run by the "boys club" and if you aren't part of the super stars, you won't make it long.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they are voicing concerns - get rid of dead weight who aren't contributing or are causing roadblocks -

2. "Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager is great and PTO is amazing.

Cons

Sedgwick doesn’t have enough diversity in upper management. The health benefits are horrible. The computer system are bad and the communication is beyond horrible. Being promoted can be difficult at times depending on the department you are trying to work within. The attendance policy is a joke. The pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Care more about your staff than your clients. Make sure your employees are happy also. Please form a different attendance policy.

"Claims Associate"

Current Employee - Claims Associate in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Claims Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Consistent work, job security

Cons

Low pay, lack of training and continued training, unorganized management.

Advice to Management

Reward hard work, review attendance policy its not good with work life balance

"Toxic Work Environment"

Current Contractor - Senior Software Development Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Current Contractor - Senior Software Development Specialist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They are pretty flexible when it comes to working from home.

Cons

Little to no training, and poor communication between (and even within) team. It leads to problems and our team becomes the one responsible for cleaning up everyone else's mess. Denies access to fundamental resources that are essential to completing your job.

When I was hired the manager was okay with me, but the supervisor was not. I knew he didn't like me from when I he first interviewed me. And he was incredibly sad that he couldn't trip me up with his questions. Looking back, I feel like taking this job was a huge mistake. It has lead a continuing series of preferential treatment of employees. After being here long enough I am suspecting the supervisor didn't like me because my experience. In fact, he liked the other guy more, who played video games all day. That guy also received better training since he was placed under someone better at training people. As of now, I have been placed in a position where I cannot do anything. I have over 10 years experience in IT, yet I'm treated as an amateur or a child. Co-workers on the team are also condescending when it comes to asking about more advanced things that I could probably do better than them. That's all assuming I still cared about this place. I am constantly reprimanded for things that happen that could be easily dealt with if teams could agree to communicate properly. Granted I make mistakes from time to time, but the point is better communication and established procedures could avoid all of these things.

There is a double standard that is applied to people based on how liked they are (If you cannot see already). You can tell how management thinks you of when they celebrate the other team member's expectant child, but not your own. And announced on the same day too.

I also should not be having to wonder why someone doesn't know what they are doing, only to look at their title to discover the answer. It is not a connection I should be able to make.

Thankfully my past experience can still work in my favor, but any long term period at this place in these conditions could be seriously crippling to my future. Something I have been worried about.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and treat them fairly.

"No Notice on Reduction in Workforce"

Former Employee - Services Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Services Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTO and Benefits for new hires. Benefit office easy to work with.
    That’s all I can say about this company at this time.

Cons

Work life balance
    Unrealistic work goals
    Wasteful spending
    Poor decision making
    Doesn’t seem stable after hiring and then lay off personnel within 3-4 months

Advice to Management

When you have a reduction in staffing after hiring a 10-12 personnel for a department. Treat your employees right and offer them other positions in the company that they are qualified for instead of sending them home with a very small severance package and tell them to apply for the open positions.

"Disability Representative, Sr"

Former Employee - Disability Representative, Senior in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Disability Representative, Senior in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent PTO package, good benefits, holidays paid, Monday-Friday work schedule (mostly)

Cons

Unrealistic work load, poor training, little accountability for those not managing their work load

7. "utilization review nurse"

Current Employee - Utilization Review Nurse in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Utilization Review Nurse in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary, benefits, environment, excellent PTO

Cons

push too much in production....prefers numbers over quality

Advice to Management

Chill out on the numbers

8. "OSS"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, Benefits, Company outings,

Cons

Work Load, micromanagement, nepotism, low salary, training

Advice to Management

Build morale with team

"Not a good place for a young person seeking advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Memphis, TN

Pros

IT has outings and happy hour. Nice co-workers. Good amount of PTO when new. A good place for an older person who is not interested in advancing to finish out a few years before retiring.

Cons

Favoritism by management as there is no formal internal promotion process, but promotion of best friends. Low pay for an IT position. We use an out of date coding language which makes it hard to transfer knowledge to companies who use modern coding. Work-life balance is non-existent, combined with low pay, a lot of turnover. I have seen very good people leave in marketing, CR, IT, over the past few months due to poor senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees as the turnover is very high in IT as well as throughout Memphis corporate. When people leave, often times their friends follow them to better opportunities.

10. "Laid Pack Position"

Current Employee - CSSR in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - CSSR in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, call metrics easy to meet, benefits

Cons

Low pay, not much room for advancement