Sedgwick Claims Management Services Reviews in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North
Dave North
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is not what it could be (in 55 reviews)

• No empathy towards employees when something unexpected in their life happens, No work life balance (in 30 reviews)

"Looks great on an interview, not a job for everybody."

Current Employee - Claims Examiner I in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, personable co-workers. A job that looks great on a resume and a job that will be very useful in future interviews.

Cons

Difficult to use the generous amount of PTO given. You will need to work extra hours and be overwhelmed upon returning to the office.

Advice to Management

Lighten up the case load for examiners or pay them more to compensate fairly for the amount of work.

"Claims Rep"

Current Employee - Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great benefits and perks which are great.

Cons

Management is not great. World is crazy.

3. "Enjoyable, but not without it's drawbacks."

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time

Pros

I enjoy the work, coworkers and managers are great, great PTO. Supervisors are supportive and friendly (at least the ones I've met.)

Cons

Limited opportunity for advancement, tough to take PTO when work just piles up when you are gone.

"The workload is insanely high."

Former Employee - Claims Examiner III in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Claims Examiner III in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good .

Cons

High turnover and unreasonable workload.

Advice to Management

Reduce workload and hire more staff.

"The employer provides job security with a above average paid time off ("PTO") with exception of poor office morale"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner I in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

*Above average PTO (starting at 19 days)
    *Flexible scheduling
    *Direct reporting supervisors are willing to provide effective feedback and assist their employees
    *401(k) is offered with employer-matching up to 50% on contributions under 6% per paycheck. Healthcare is provided through United Healthcare and regional HMOs, with a variety of options in plans.
    *Job security

Cons

The office morale has been declining over the years because of the change in upper (operations level) management. The company focuses on meeting goals (closing ratio, Compass, re-opens, paid claims per year, and etc...) rather than handling the claim and moving the file towards amicable resolution. The work load is very demanding and pay is not up to standard for the workload completed. Some employees say that their work-life ratio is diminished, however, I do not feel that way because I do not give employer more of my time then what I am paid for.

The company has a lack of training. They will through the new employees into a burning fire and let them figure out how to investigate and adjust the claim.

*There is no heavy lifting, but eyestrain and cramps are possible given long, continuous periods working at the computer

Advice to Management

The company does not appreciate the lower level examiners as much as they should. The examiners are the foundation of the company and because the supervisors do not praise the employees very much the office morale goes down hill. I think that the company as a whole needs to provide more effective training measures.