Sedgwick Claims Management Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North
Dave North

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is not what it could be (in 63 reviews)

• no work life balance, upper management doesn't listen (in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - SCR in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - SCR in Orlando, FL

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team goes above and beyond their job duties. The managers are just outstanding. Above average contact center in pay, time off, benefits and job opportunities.

Cons

The traffic in the Orlando area is terrible which makes it difficult to get in and out of building. But, it is like that in all of Orlando.

Advice to Management

They are above and beyond the best management team I ever worked for.

2. "Great place to work - Excellent Benefits"

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time

Pros

No micromanagement - The expectation is that you know what needs to be completed and when.
    Management is very approachable - whether it is your direct manager or an AVP or VP or Managing Director
    You feel like your voice is heard in the company and that your view are respected
    Great benefits package with generous PTO

Cons

Can be chaotic at times with multiple conflicting priorities, but the work/life balance is still respected.

3. "Operations Support Services Associate"

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and work is not hard to do

Cons

Low pay and advancement can take a while

4. "Excellent place to grow"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and generous PTO. pay is higher than most. Lots of development opportunities. Coworkers are friendly and environment is casual and fun.

Cons

Nothing drastic. Sometimes it seems decisions come down from people who may not know how things go day to day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

"First Job out of college"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ton of PTO. Managers are pretty chill and laid back. The company is good with being able to work with you anytime you need time off on short notice. Managers are all pretty cool and fun.

Cons

Very large work loads. If you are a female and get into the "cool kids crowd" you will do great. You will get promoted and you will be very valued. Males rarely get promoted and are looked on differently. You are salaried and they are expecting you to work over 40 hours to get your work done. Pay is crap - they are pretty much just looking to get kids right out of college - work them to death for a couple years - and it repeats once that person quits. Huge turnover - I was there for about a year and a half and probably had around 20 people quit.

Advice to Management

Promote people other than your friends / buddies.

6. "Sedgwick is a great company"

Pros

I love the team atmosphere.There is not a lot of micromanagement.

Cons

I do not know a lot about other divisions.

7. "Job That Set You Up For Failure"

Former Employee - SCR/Customer Service in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - SCR/Customer Service in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good amount of PTO.

Cons

Training for the new Tampa facility horrible. No classroom training: No hands on just and introduction to there systems and that is about all. A lot of information given to absorb and a lot of remote shadowing from Orlando. One day of being able to figure out what your job is suppose to entail as far as hands on computer training and then they throw you on the phone with the expectations of being able to perform the job. So, realistically my experience with this company you can count: Start 10/30/2017 : 10 days with a trainer reading material so fast and just bypassing to reach his timeline for fast track training. 2 quizzes and 1 final exam during this time: 2 days remote shadowing due to no manager or Team Lead at this location. 1 day with a Team Lead going over the attendance policy in which she was late for arrival due to traffic from Orlando to Tampa, and the afternoon of shadowing and finally working on there computer system for the real 1st time. Scheduled to start taking calls by ourselves on Friday. So when you count within 15 days this company presumes there high expectations for the new hire classes should be top notched. Also, everything in order to move forward you have to be certified or meet the certification. Attendance policy for this company nothing is excused unless scheduled, even if you are admitted to the hospital it is an occurrence. This is real information on this company and yes this is or will be a company that will produce stress in the long run. The benefits are over priced with the provider for Medical they carry. What was told during the interview is nothing like what you would expect. If you are use to structure and organization this would not be the company.

Advice to Management

Before starting a new facility have a plan. Have the necessary tools for your employees to succeed. Also, pens or paper would be nice. Stop trying to Fast Track training for quality and perfection, the way you have your companies expectation set.

"Leadership can make poor decisions that impact all of us"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO and benefits, able to share ideas and be innovate, innovative company that relies on technology for automation

Cons

Laid off after working on a strategic project for over 2 years - the leadership team was making careless decisions which led to most of team being laid off with no where to turn. Even when we were raising red flags about issues, no one seemed to care. PE investor KKR was heavily involved with project and had a lot of decision making power. The rest of the company isn't like this. Non-operations positions are run by the "boys club" and if you aren't part of the super stars, you won't make it long.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they are voicing concerns - get rid of dead weight who aren't contributing or are causing roadblocks -

"Ok Company To Work For"

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time

Pros

Flexible Time Off
    Nice employees
    Good Health Benefits

Cons

Overworked
    High pendings
    Low pay
    A lot of Favoritism

"UNABLE TO GET A POSITION AFTER RELOCATING"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment they allow you to work home remotely at times when you dont want to come into the office

Cons

Well I let me managers know that I would like to transfer to San Fransico as I looking to relocate. They said fine. They said that I would have to resign from my current position because clients won't allow me to handle east coast claims while in west coast time zone, and get rehired once I get new position. Me thinking that would be no problem as I am an employee with the company to get a position in SF. I have filled out countless job application with the company for positions that I had in NJ to even taking Entry Level position just so I can get my foot in the door. Has been 5 months now and still have not been able to get a position. Claiming that I don't have California experience and need SIP certifications. Sedgwick offers SIP certification while working with them and can obtain license while working.

Advice to Management

I regret resigning as I don't think I was told the proper way to go about the transfer. Not sure why as former employee with a great record, good repoor with Supervisors, Team Leaders, other employees and client that I am not able to get an new position in San Fransico,Ca. Not sure why they are making me go through all of the these hops if I have already worked for the company and know the system. They are constantly posting job vacancies and continue to apply just to get a shot and be able to obtain my license. Has been 5 month now and still with-out a job.