Seibels Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Rex Huggins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great intro to Help Desk"

Former Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Columbia, SC

I worked at Seibels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable team, great support material, patient and affable users

Cons

Large building, some physical exertion required

Advice to Management

Make expectations and consequences clear and concise to the team members

2. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Seibels (More than 3 years)

Pros

relaxed environment
    laid back people
    Friendly people

Cons

They don't want remote work. They want you on site.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees

3. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Underwriter I in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Underwriter I in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Seibels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in. Very flexible with time off

Cons

Limited upward movement within the company

4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Seibels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seibels is a great place to work. "Best in Class" is the term that the president uses when describing our goals. "Best in Class" is the feeling you get from all staff from upper management to facilities.

Cons

Building is currently under construction, which can be loud and distracting at times. But, judging by the renovations that have been completed, it will be well worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the dedication to employee morale. Employees are invested in Seibels success because they feel part of the big picture.

"Seibels is Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Pros

I have been working at Seibels for nearly 20 years and Seibels affords a lot of what other companies have, good benefits, advancement opportunities, and flexibility, to name a few. However, to me, what makes Seibels different from other companies, is its people and their stamina. They are hardworking, caring, and fun loving. When you work here, you become a part of the Seibels’ family. Seibels values their employees and show their appreciation often and in a variety of ways.

Cons

Even though Seibels is a technology company, many of our staff need education in the use of technology beyond just doing their job. Training needs to be amped up across the board.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your people; they are your best and most important asset.

6. "The One to Watch"

I have been working at Seibels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, friendly atmosphere, Company investing heavily in itself rebuilding both inside and out. Great for those who love challenging work and want a future to look forward to.

Cons

Company is moving from traditional models to more competitive models with both technology and operations. Very much going through growing pains and culture changes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Very refreshing to see a company making decisions for long term success.

7. "Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Seibels (More than a year)

Pros

There are many kind hearted employees. The company stays largely free of the political games that are encouraged at other places I have worked. Troublemakers are not allowed to stay...they are the ones with the negative reviews...wish them well. Perhaps the biggest asset to Seibels is the HR department. They stand out like a diamond in the rough. It is clear that they care for the employees. I believe that I could trust this HR department if I needed their help. We are also very fortunate to have a CEO that is dedicated to the employees and the growth of the company. We are free of concerns and strange decisions that publicly traded companies have to deal with.

Cons

Business Managers...Shed your fears about progress. Move forward with boldness and confidence. We have proven we can do it. Let the past be the past and move forward.

Advice to Management

Continue to expect greatness because we have a team that can deliver it. Recognize it when it is delivered. Continue to weed out those who won't contribute, those who break down our progress, and those who hurt others.

Proceed into the Health Plan with caution and respect for your employees privacy and freedoms.

8. "Good Move"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Florence, SC

I have been working at Seibels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay nice benefits a great HR department that works to help all employees, New management that really makes a great creative work environment. They are all about taking care of the employees. I really enjoy working here.

Cons

Currently refurbishing the building construction everywhere but it will be nice when finished.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and stay committed to the employees.

9. "Top notch...."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Seibels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So, I asked myself, “Would I say the same thing if I was asked to leave tomorrow?”

Having worked in technology services for many companies over the past 25 years I can say I've seen, heard, and worked for nearly every horror story out there, and unfortunately, as you may guess, if I were to write a review for most of these companies it would be negative.

When considering the offer to join Seibels I was warned of the revolving door management mentality but decided to take the chance. I’ll be honest, it was a rough start, and I considered leaving.

More than a year has past now and I couldn’t be happier I decided to stay and see it through.

The leadership at Seibels is top notch and they listen.

IMO Seibels has positioned itself to be a tech leader in business process outsourcing with quality hardware, quality software, and rock solid People!!

I’m thankful and blessed to be a part of the team.

Cons

Growth. Seibels is making every effort to prepare itself for future growth. Ongoing construction and the potential for service interruptions are our biggest risks.

Advice to Management

Maintain your commitment to be first in class. Be slow to hire and slow to fire and continue to use all available resources in your decision making.

Keep up the good work.

10. "Business Analyst"

Pros

This job is ever-changing and challenging. Every day you learn something new. They seem to truly care about their employees.

Cons

I feel that better new hire training in certain departments would be extremely beneficial to the new hire and the company.