Seilevel Reviews

Updated Nov 9, 2020

4.6
Seilevel President and Founder Anthony C. Chen (no image)
Anthony C. Chen
  1. "A great company that continues striving to improve!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at Seilevel full-time for more than a year

Pros

The smartest people I've ever worked with, as well as the most caring/supportive. Ever hear the expression "drinking from a firehose"? Almost every day feels like that - but in a good way! It's certainly not for everyone, but if you've always felt like a square peg in a round hole - or the reverse - this might be your place.

Cons

(Any cons I would share have been self-inflicted)

Continue reading
  2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Lead in Austin, TX

I have been working at Seilevel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The environment around here is awesome. I work with some very smart people who look at the big picture and knows what needs to be done.

Cons

Pay needs to be adjusted for the work and number of years experience.

"Business Development Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Seilevel full-time

Pros

Seilevel is a great place to work. Everyone I work with is pretty awesome

Cons

I cannot think of any. The company does a lot for it's employees.

4. "Good place to learn the industry"

Requirements Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Seilevel

Pros

Great workplace environment and the management really cares about you as an employee. I felt I was well trained and given the opportunity to advance.

Cons

It is a very competitive office and you need to step your game up to be noticed. This can add extra stress most people are not use to.

"Opportunties Available"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Seilevel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Promotes work-life balance and coworker bonding with their regular outings. There are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Rigorous interview process. Lacks in management support and encouragement.

"Good Company to Work For But Going Through Some Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Seilevel full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible working hours (fairly long hours, but they are flexible about when you work them) -Great people to interact with -Interesting projects for some of the largest companies out there -You can really control your own growth as an employee -It's just fun! -Pay is competitive with most in the industry- not the highest but great growth potential quickly

Cons

-Changing views from management with little transparency at times -Fairly long hours (not the "you can work any 80 hours a week you like mantra," but certainly more than 40 hours on average) -Some generic small company stuff like politics and gossip, but it doesn't usually get in the way of the work or growing your career

Continue reading

"Perfect Career for Creative Problem Solvers"

Current Employee - Requirements Analyst

I have been working at Seilevel full-time

Pros

High level of transparency Well compensated Great Benefits (including 20 days paid vacation) Each project involves you to use your creativity and analytical skills You get to work with a wide array of Fortune 1000 companies Your coworkers are extremely smart and creative and they will push you to become better

Cons

When you are assigned to a project, you work until your task is done. This is not a 9 to 5 job.

8. "Great company that provides a lot of opportunities!"

Current Employee - Requirements Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at Seilevel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seilevel offers the ability to learn a lot of different skills, as much as you would like to learn. I enjoy the opportunity to wear several different hats.

Cons

As a small company, those used to the structure of large organizations will need to adjust.

9. "Work hard, Play hard"

Requirements Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Seilevel

Pros

Quick note: This place is not for everyone. From what I have seen, the people that thrive here are all very similar. I was here for some of the issues that were listed by the other reviews and while I agree with those to a certain extent, many of those problems have been fixed. Management has tried very hard to improve employee satisfaction and creating more structure to company processes. High level of transparency by management. Surrounded by incredibly intelligent minds who will cause you to push your own limits. Fun environment, but everyone knows when to joke around and when to work Happy hours!

Cons

Work can sometimes be monotonous and boring. Sometimes concerns are not well addressed. Interview process is very hard to get through. There is a subtle distinction between senior and junior resources, not always in a good way.

"Thanks for the memories"

2.0
    Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Seilevel

Pros

Local Austin company with many highly skilled and experienced consultants that seem to share a passion around software requirements. I had the luxury of meeting some really great people while working there. Office atmosphere can be a little hokey at times, but they tried hard to make it fun. Seilevel has good intentions to be a great niche company and do believe they still can. There will always be a need for good software requirements. Decent vacation time, but it also includes sick days and personal days. Seem to be concerned about work-life balance. Your voice can sometimes be heard.

Cons

It was always very dificult to understand the direction and intent of upper management. Very disconnected to lower level employees. Today we are going to do things this way, tomorrow differently, and the next day we'll go back to how we were doing it initially. Upper management is extremely intelligent and if you are not equally as smart, then you are basically very stupid (at least in their eyes). They have their favorites for projects and if you play your cards right, you might be chosen to lead a project even thought sometimes the leader is not capable of forging ahead and ensuring project success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 English Reviews