Select Hire Resource Reviews | Glassdoor

Select Hire Resource Reviews

3.5
CEO

"Best Hiring/ Candidate Experience!"

Current Contractor - Project Manager - Human Resources in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Contractor - Project Manager - Human Resources in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Select Hire Resource as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Best interview experience I have had in my job search processes. Provided me with career search advice, resume tips and most importantly a temp to hire position in which I recently went permanent. I've interviewed with many local firms that "processed" me with no relevant conversation about my experience and was dishonest about positions calling me with opportunities that had no relevance to my job search. Select Hire Resource called me with appropriate positions within my pay range and skill sets and provided me with honest feedback and information about the company’s and culture of each environment so I could make the best decisions in my search. Select Hire Resource does its due diligence in providing information about the company, position and skill set for each opportunity they called me for. They treated me as an individual in a job search not a “billable employee.” REFRESHING experience to the “big names” out there in contract staffing. Genuine. Knowledgeable and honest.

Cons

Smaller company but that also provides ability to spend quality time qualiftying candidates and clients.

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on creating a positive candidate experience.

2. "Wasn't even sure this was a real company"

Former Contractor - Misrepresented Contractor Position As Employment in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Select Hire Resource as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get a hold of, eager to set you up with their clients.

Cons

Miscommunication verging on misinformation, use the concept of confidential to mask lack of understanding of clients needs and workload. As of Fall 2013 did not have a website operational, making them look highly unprofessional and as if they are a scam or front for something ill fated.

Advice to Management

Screen your clients more carefully. Don't have your potential candidates sit down with aggressive and verbally abusive interviewers on a Saturday morning.