Select Portfolio Servicing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 25, 2017

5.0
Tim O'Brien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent pay range for entry level (in 10 reviews)

• Decent company, good pay with okay benefits (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SPS is a great place to work. If you work hard you are rewarded. The sky is the limit if you are willing to put in the effort.

Cons

Micromanaging occurs in the call center. But honestly I've not found a call center that does not micromanage.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize those who work hard and want to make a difference. Ensure all levels of management communicate clearly with employees.

2. "I loved working there. The money was great; I learned so much there. The Management was greatly. It's a good place to wk"

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great shifts, able to swap shifts 4 time off if you didn't want to use your pto or vac time

Cons

You have to come to work and preform . No calling out ,be ready to be crossed trained

Advice to Management

Not to micro manage as much.

"Foreclosure"

Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and yearly increases for meeting expectations. Monthly bonuses are awarded most employees. Vacation time accrual is exceptional, you accrue roughly 3 weeks a year from the get go. Training has improved, and it is more readily available than it used to be. Constantly learning new things and always encouraged by management to give suggestions for improvements in every aspect.

Cons

Communicate changes in a clearer format. Sometimes changes are heard through the grapevine, and then confirmed by management rather than an announcement.

Advice to Management

Communicate more openly with staff. Not everything has to be a big secret. Understand that most people are working hard and want to do their best. You don't always have to find something wrong.

4. "employee"

Current Employee - Late Stage in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Late Stage in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great environment, solid company, good benefits, mortgage industry updates/training throughout! Thankful for well paying job to support my family and reminds me constantly of how fortunate I am.

Cons

Must be able to multitask, learn and stay on top of compliance changes!

Advice to Management

More help, floor coverage questions.

5. "Great Outlook!"

Pros

I have been employed at SPS for nine years. SPS is a fast-paced and challenging environment- we manage change and create solutions in a constantly changing industry. SPS offers me everything that is important to me in my career: a firm that is recognized industry-wide for an immense level of integrity that also creates a challenging environment while promoting growth and professional development.

Cons

The office is very centrally located (East of the Maverick Center), but I live on the very South end of the valley, so my commute is a little longer than I prefer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The management team is very focused on employee engagement and appreciation.

"Great company"

Pros

Great company. Compensation is above average. Senior management is very experienced and strategic in their approach.

Cons

The Pros far outweigh the Cons.

"A company ready to turn on a dime"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

They are always looking for high performers and seem to welcome constructive criticism
    Bonuses are given to people who come up with ideas to save or make the company money
    They give two weeks of vacation and 9 days of PTO a year to new full-time employees, and highly encourage you to use it as long as you schedule in advance
    They haven't laid people off in years and will move someone and use attrition during lean times.

Cons

It is hard to explain to people outside the industry what you do
    The work can be very demanding in some areas and isn't for people who want to coast
    Pay, at least for someone with my education level, is kind of low. I'm not sure what other people make though.

Advice to Management

Because there are always new processes being created a new ways of doing things, I think some reps on the phone side are being left out of the loop on the big picture. Communication with them is key, even if it's challenging with the amount of new material.

8. "Good Salary"

Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Good Salary for the job load, the job load does not require the minimum competency but the maximum.

Cons

High Stress, high level of competence and demand. The level of stress calls for a high level of maturity. The maturity will be exposed if it is not up to par.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keepin on. Management must not baby its new employees. The client relations department is a spring board for management into the operations.