SelectQuote Employee Reviews about "aep"

Updated Aug 12, 2020

3.3
SelectQuote CEO Tim Danker  (no image)
Tim Danker
Pros
Cons
  • "gained a lot of weight because of free food during AEP(in 30 reviews)

• "Long hours" are during the season where there is the most opportunity to earn money(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "aep"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great Job If You're A Hardworker"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make great money if you're willing to put the time, I love my coworkers, management is great each manager I've had shows they really care and are invested in our success, i love being able to make 80k+ and know that I can leave work at work and enjoy my free time. lots of room to grow and find where you fit

Cons

Certain positions can get repetitive, long hours regularly work 50 hours a week and more during AEP, goals, and quotas can change a couple of times of year so be ready to go with flow and be flexible.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your sharing your positive thoughts about our associates, management, career opportunities, the income potential and work-life balance . We are pleased to hear that everything is working well for you. Thanks again, and we are truly glad that you are part of SelectQuote!

2. "Best Decision I've Ever Made"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to control your income. The ability to work from home, and speak to seniors who KNOW who Select Quote is.

Cons

They feed you to much in AEP/OEP

"Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

a lot of growth possibilities, a lot of commission possible if you are willing to work for it, nothing is handed in life, you get rewarded for hard work. YOU want to work overtime, make a big difference on monthly paychecks

Cons

-gained a lot of weight because of free food during AEP

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback, and for pointing out what you like about working here. The sky is indeed the limit for those who do well in sales. We appreciate hearing from you, and we wish you utmost success here at SelectQuote!

4. "Best Place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Customer Care Agent

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance and training

Cons

Long hours during AEP but expected and for only a couple months

Customer Care Manager

We are delighted to hear from you and receive your positive feedback. Yes, there can be long hours during our “busy season” (AEP), but hopefully the opportunity for sales during that time makes it worthwhile. Thank you and we are grateful for your 5-star review!

"No bueno"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SelectQuote

Pros

Good money, work from home

Cons

Terrible management Let go of a ton of people after AEP

"Very impatient if you don’t meet their numbers even tho their training was unorganized"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co workers, they will Feed you ! When your doing great or if they like you you have job security!

Cons

I don’t believe selectquote is any different then any other company... most companies are going to do what’s best for them!! That’s a fact! If your not hitting your numbers you may or may not receive the help you may need in order to get where you need to be to succeed it really just depends on the manager! Just know you may have a manager or 2 that have little knowledge about how to sale the product their employees sale.. just know that they will send you leads that are not quality and it will count against you ! This job is a numbers game! If they see you make the sales they’ll have your back, they’ll do all they can .. but if you fall short one time be prepared to be out of a job! They will spring things up on you so don’t be surprised if one day they say one thing and the next day there’s new information that should have been given to you day one .. AEP was the worst time of my life.. they will tell you how much money you can make but you better be carful because you will not see your family from oct 15th -dec 7th , work your tail off and your checks could still not be enough to take care of your family! The pay structure is very low and you will definitely have to sale a lot to get what they say your going to get.. If you are someone that is used to companies doing you however they want then this company is no different for you .. this company isn’t the worst ever but you will jump through hoops, you will sacrifice and that’s normal but don’t think it means job security! At the end of the day they will spend more time and money on the new hires just to turn around and fire the people that have already shown them loyalty! Not different then any other company I guess! I would say all you can do is try with this company.. you may be one of the lucky ones!

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your comments. We have a highly competitive and rigorous sales environment which may be a fit for some but not others. We wish you nothing but the best in all your endeavors.

"Avoid the Customer Care role in Senior like the plague"

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Overland Park, KS

I worked at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Food during AEP - Nice co-workers - Job where you could truly "leave work at work." When you hung up the headset for the day, you didn't need to worry about it until the next morning. - Relatively decent pay for a call-center job. - Decent landing spot for people who can't get licensed or don't succeed in sales roles at the company

Cons

- Crappy 401k match and health insurance - Comp plan that was never in your favor. Changes were frequent and always made it more work or more difficult to make the same amount of money, not more. A significant amount of the compensation was based on the sale of an ancillary product in identity theft that had nothing to do with health insurance. You could lose up to 40% of your commissions if you didn't sell $200 worth of identity theft. - Job is menial and mind-numbingly dull. You're calling seniors all day who don't remember who SelectQuote is, despite buying their Medicare policy through the company. Even though you were calling closed business, it felt like it might as well be cold calling. The grouchy and rude customers were often what made this job stink, not the company itself. - Job description doesn't match the true duties - Because we didn't have access to claims info or ability to resolve carrier-specific issues, we were really just cross-sell agents disguised in customer care clothing. All of the upside in this job is tied to cross-selling the other products, and none in actually caring for the customers. - Sales agents were rude and talked down to you, even when you were polite with them. It was like some of them wanted you to feel useless.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for sharing your opinion about what you liked while working here, and what you think needs to be improved. We wish you nothing but the best in all your undertakings.

"Amazing Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Sales Agent

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from Home/Remotely Base Pay Excellent Commission Structure Health Insurance + Benefits PTO Paid Training

Cons

Work/Life Balance could be tough during Aep but well worth it.

Customer Care Manager

We are pleased to hear from you and receive your positive feedback. Yes, there can be lots of hours during our “busy season” (AEP), but hopefully the opportunity for sales during that time makes it worthwhile. Thank you for your 5-star review!

"Great place to work! ONLY Con THE BENEFITS"

4.0

I have been working at SelectQuote

Pros

Great place to work. The management team is pretty cool. We had multiple managers during AEP and they we’re all great and always there to answer any questions you may have. The commission potential is definitely there. I heard of someone in my department making 11k on their commission check and enrollment agent who supposedly made 50K during AEP. Seems to be a growing company, new job posting is like every other day and so I would guess the advancement is potential is likely too. Your treated like the adult you are not much micromanaging which I love. You slack up that’s your money your losing. Management is also very understanding about time you need off as long as your productive when your there and punctual. Great environment, they feed you during AEP, you have ping pong tables, gym, etc...

Cons

AEP is a little exaggerated. You hear of people who in the past made 25K or more during AEP as sales agents but with so much growth there’s more agents to share those leads with, not saying it’s impossible but chances are slim especially during your first AEP. When you ask agents whose been there for years they definitely agreed AEP was not the same in 2019 as it was in previous years. Benefits are not good. Definitely not for a company who offers a wide range of insurance carriers to clients. You’d think Blue Cross Blue Shield would give them some special deal or something but apparently not. For a whole family it’ll be $1,300 per month out your check. I’ve been in sales my whole life that’s the worse I’ve seen. If you have a family that’s like half your regular check.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you find SelectQuote a great place to work at. The cost of healthcare is a national problem and we continually benchmark ourselves against peer companies as we strive to remain competitive. Please know that we appreciate your pointing out not only where you believe we are doing well but also where you think we can do better. We will keep all these in mind as we continue with our ongoing improvements.

"Medicare"

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Overland Park, KS

I worked at SelectQuote full-time

Pros

Work from home, used to be family orientated when I started. Tom Grant had a personal relationship with me.

Cons

Poor management, after everything changed in 2017 things just went downhill fast. Every 6 months the compensation plans got hacked over and over. Management could care less about major losses or issues going on. The only dependable manager is Rechstiener. Long hours, AEP demands weekends and extreme hours. I saw sever decline in my health. Once quit I was immediately feeling better and healthier.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that you did not have a good work experience. We wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors.

Found 39 reviews