SelectQuote Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated May 9, 2020

3.3
SelectQuote CEO Tim Danker  (no image)
Tim Danker
Pros
Cons
  • "gained a lot of weight because of free food during AEP(in 30 reviews)

• "Long hours" are during the season where there is the most opportunity to earn money(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great Job If You're A Hardworker"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make great money if you're willing to put the time, I love my coworkers, management is great each manager I've had shows they really care and are invested in our success, i love being able to make 80k+ and know that I can leave work at work and enjoy my free time. lots of room to grow and find where you fit

Cons

Certain positions can get repetitive, long hours regularly work 50 hours a week and more during AEP, goals, and quotas can change a couple of times of year so be ready to go with flow and be flexible.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your sharing your positive thoughts about our associates, management, career opportunities, the income potential and work-life balance . We are pleased to hear that everything is working well for you. Thanks again, and we are truly glad that you are part of SelectQuote!

2. "Best Place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Customer Care Agent

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance and training

Cons

Long hours during AEP but expected and for only a couple months

Customer Care Manager

We are delighted to hear from you and receive your positive feedback. Yes, there can be long hours during our “busy season” (AEP), but hopefully the opportunity for sales during that time makes it worthwhile. Thank you and we are grateful for your 5-star review!

"Growing too fast"

2.0
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I worked at SelectQuote full-time for more than a year

Pros

New office. Paid lunches each week.

Cons

Long hours Dishonest interview where they highlight their commitment to your work-life balance. There simply isn't a commitment at all.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your input. We strive to be transparent in all our recruiting and hiring practices about our highly competitive and rigorous sales environment. We are sorry to hear that despite our ongoing efforts to prepare employees for this reality, your experience was still not a good one. Our best wishes go out to you.

4. "Potential to be positive"

Current Contractor - Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to enter Medicare sales world.

Cons

Often work long hours for barely minimum wage even when proper effort put forth.

Continue reading

"Amazing opportunities, if you're motivated!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Advisor in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing leadership is taking place at this branch. The trainers/leaders are there for help if you need it. Always approachable, and willing to help you in your pursuit to be your own boss. You will be as successful as you are motivated to be, and will see direct results from each stride you make. Plenty of food provided (huge plus), never having to cold-call, and the atmosphere is second to none. They want you to be successful. Accept their training and control your attitude and effort. They adjust to what their sales agents respond to. Really enjoy energy drinks? Here's an entire fridge loaded with them. Really enjoy a certain food? We'll cater them in. They even offered free haircuts from a barber during work hours.

Cons

Most "cons" about this company are opportunities viewed with a negative attitude. "Long hours" are during the season where there is the most opportunity to earn money.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are genuinely appreciative of your positive comments about our leaders, trainers, perks and incentives. We are particularly grateful knowing that you enjoy working in your current field. Thanks again, and please know that we appreciate you, and your positive attitude and outlook!

"Medicare"

2.0
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Overland Park, KS

I worked at SelectQuote full-time

Pros

Work from home, used to be family orientated when I started. Tom Grant had a personal relationship with me.

Cons

Poor management, after everything changed in 2017 things just went downhill fast. Every 6 months the compensation plans got hacked over and over. Management could care less about major losses or issues going on. The only dependable manager is Rechstiener. Long hours, AEP demands weekends and extreme hours. I saw sever decline in my health. Once quit I was immediately feeling better and healthier.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that you did not have a good work experience. We wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors.

"Senior Sales"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO

I worked at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many pros to working hear, some of mine include: The office space, it is very modern and great break rooms. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The company events and socials are always fun. You’re able to use your time off and not be penalized on quota. Great support structure with customer care and enrollment. You’re able to focus solely on sales

Cons

Very little training/feedback once you transfer into core. Wish I could have had more help learning what works for some of the top agents. Any time off the phone is frowned upon and is used against your production numbers. Even taking a full lunch will hurt your talk time Pay is no where near what is advertised and there are many hoops to jump through, as well as very long hours to even come close to the “average” annualized amount

Customer Care Manager

We are sorry that your experience was not positive. Our sales environment is highly dynamic and competitive, and may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you better opportunities ahead of you. Thank you for your feedback.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Pay, Flexible, Lots of incentives, relaxed atmosphere, good communication

Cons

Long hours during AEP. The reward is great but it is still grueling.

Customer Care Manager

We appreciate your pointing out some of the perks and benefits that we provide to our employees. We do have a fast-paced environment and we make sure that we properly compensate for the quality of work put in. Thank you kindly for your 5-star review. We value your feedback.

9. "Amazing opportunity!"

Former Employee - AEP Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I worked at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training program, trainers and management are top notch. Selling at SelectQuote is an excellent opportunity to thrive financially and grow as a sales professional. Lots of room for growth. They make it easy for you to focus on selling and have plenty of support staff to do the rest. Had I not left to pursue a greater opportunity, I would still be there today.

Cons

Very long hours if you want to make it an extremely lucrative career, especially at the beginning and during AEP. Make the most of your time and you’ll do fine.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We appreciate your complimentary remarks about our training program, trainers and management. We wish you well and all the best in your current endeavors!

10. "Colorado Office This company is the reason I am not living paycheck to paycheck anymore"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than a year

Pros

High earning potential, no cold calling, amazing culture, managers truly care and give their 100% to support, and coach us as individuals to see us move forward in the company.

Cons

long hours during AEP ..

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how you are doing and how we are doing. We are here to support you to become successful in what you do and stay successful. Thanks again and please know that we are happy you are part of our SelectQuote culture!

Found 17 reviews