SelectQuote Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Mar 13, 2019

3.3
SelectQuote CEO Tim Danker  (no image)
Tim Danker
Pros
Cons
  • "gained a lot of weight because of free food during AEP(in 30 reviews)

• "Long hours" are during the season where there is the most opportunity to earn money(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "SQ is the place to be"

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get exactly what you put into it.. as basic as that sounds, numbers are there to prove it. Compensation is more than fair. This is a commission job! If you take/make the calls (the actual, legitimate, leads COMPANY PROVIDES you) there shouldn't be a reason for you not to be successful. Phone sales are not for everyone, but with the training and support you do get...it is borderline impossible not to succeed. SQ does pay you hourly and does give you an opportunity to work as much as you choose. Sure it is a 8-5 job, but if you're truly looking for a good place to grow and if you do consider yourself a workaholic, there's absolutely no way you wouldn't be happy with the paycheck, the benefits and the work environment. Whether you have experience with sales or you maybe you haven't..as long as you believe in yourself that's all that matters. Bring the work ethic, Select Quote will make sure you succeed.

Cons

Personally, I don't have anything negative to say. Opportunity is there. You have goals to meet (which are more than realistic), and if you do meet the goals, I guarantee you will be very successful individual with a great work life balance.

Customer Care Manager

We are pleased to receive your wonderful review. We recognize that our sales environment is highly competitive and dynamic, and we are always upfront about this during recruiting and hiring. We always strive to provide extensive training , an optimal work environment, perks and incentives, and our all-out support because we want everyone to do well. And there is an unlimited earning potential for those who are successful in sales. Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive experience and realistic perspective.

2. "Answer to prayer"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is very pleasant. Everyone that I have come into contact with while working here has had the I want to help you mentality. Management is truly there to coach to benefit me, not as a gotcha. The compensation is set up for those who want to win to make great money. I have seen other companies that say you can make a 6 figure income and they show you one person that might be doing that, that is not the case here a 6 figure income is in reach for all those that chose to learn and win. I am glad Selectquote took a chance on me.

Cons

As with any job there are cons, This is a great company to work for and though I don't "like" everything there is nothing I don't like worth typing.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for posting such a great feedback. We appreciate your complimentary words about our work environment, employees, management, compensation and incentives. It is truly a pleasure to hear from you, and we are equally glad that you are a part of our SelectQuote family!

3. "Great place to build a career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fast growing company with lots of opportunity that truly cares about their employees. Great work environment and always creating opportunities to earn and grow within.

Cons

changes, while necessary, can sometimes come too frequently with a fast growing company

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for sharing your sentiments about our company. We appreciate your giving us a high five on our continued efforts to provide a healthy and optimal workplace for our employees. Thanks again, and we wish you a very rewarding career here at SelectQuote!

4. "SelectQuote"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment, Great management, fun activities that are work related, great morale

Cons

Overlook quality people to promote, lack of communication in some of the departments

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know what you like about working here and what you think can be improved. We value your feedback and we will keep this in mind as we continue to work in getting better.

5. "Great Career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, culture is fun, happy employees, bosses are down-to-earth, regularly receive raises + bonuses, and I made a lot of friends here! Can really see myself here for a long, long time.

Cons

This is a call-center environment- be prepared for that! But lots of fun activities to get you away from the desk when you need it! Many positions are sales based, but not all! If you join in a sales position, be prepared to sell! That is your job!

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your pleasant feedback! We appreciate your acknowledging the perks and incentives our company provides, and the positive attitude and energy that our employees exemplify and exude. We are truly fortunate to have such wonderful people in our company. It is because of them that we have a great culture and environment, and we are happy that you are a part of all this!

6. "If you're looking for a change....this is the job for you!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment, good pay, flexible schedules and great benefits

Cons

You have put in a lot of hours to get where you need to be in the company.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive thoughts about the work environment, pay, schedule and benefits. There is surely good money to be made for those successful in sales. We do appreciate hearing from you!

"Change of pace"

Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work environment as long as you make sales.

Cons

Didn't turn out to be a lot of the things expected. Told it was an 8-5 and made large amounts of $. In order to make the money you are told not to take lunch and work weekends.

Customer Care Manager

We are sorry to hear that your work experience has not been positive. Our sales environment is a highly rigorous, dynamic and competitive one, and we make this known when recruiting and hiring. We also strive to prepare employees for this reality. Our meal and rest period policies are stipulated in detail on our employee handbook. We do want to hash out any disconnects so please do reach out to our HR department so your concerns can be looked into.

"Insurnace Sales Representative"

I worked at SelectQuote full-time

Pros

Great work environment, met some really awesome people.

Cons

Didn't pay you accordingly on how much you worked for them.

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We pay out all wages and PTO upon termination. If you believe there has been an error, please contact us and we would be happy to research and rectify as appropriate.

9. "pays well! super fun environment!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent/Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been searching for a good work environment for forever and I finally found it! I have never regretted a day here and I look forward to every day. Not to mention they feed us a lot and the managers are like friends and my coworkers are awesome hard working individuals. We work hard and play hard

Cons

none! good company values for sure

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate your positive comments about our employees, work environment and values. We are particularly happy to hear that you look forward to everyday. That means a lot to us and we are grateful that you took the time to give us this wonderful feedback.

10. "AEP Agent"

Current Employee - Life Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time for more than a year

Pros

Transparency, ability to make a ton of money, they pay for your licensing classes and all licenses in every state and they do all work for you to get those licenses, base salary and commission, health, dental, and eye insurance after 30 days and SelectQuote pays for half, during AEP provides breakfast and lunch and sometimes dinner, and fun work environment.

Cons

Given tons of information in a short period of time and you may not be hired after the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)

Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for pointing out what you like about working here. We agree that there is good money to be made for those who do well in sales. As a company, we are committed in making ongoing improvements so please know that we will keep in mind your suggestions as we move forward and upward.

Found 25 reviews