Self Made Marketing Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

Found 22 of over 28 reviews

3.4
Self Made Marketing CEO Flosusm Smith (no image)
Flosusm Smith
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

EXCITING GROWTH AND AMAZING CULTURE

Jun 17, 2019 - Administrative in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been an administrator with Self Made Marketing, Inc. going on 5 years. Flosusm is an amazing CEO all around, communication has been key. I was able to see so much growth within the business, from those who started at entry level to seeing them become director of operations. The culture and atmosphere is nothing short of amazing.

Cons

You will need to be able to adapt to change, change is great!

2. 4.0

Great

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is great. Commissions are great

Cons

Work hard but it's worth it when you get your paycheck.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

sales

Jan 21, 2021 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

collaborative sales team with high energy

Cons

It's a straight boiler room job. Getting paid 40k a year in 2021 in New York City is just mind boggling.

4. 1.0

The man

Feb 13, 2021 - Job Coach in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can see

Cons

Everthing hurts too much to see

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Sales Ambassador

Apr 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co workers were easy to work with and easy collaboration

Cons

Constant work, metrics were hard to meet, employees underpaid.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It’s not a real job

Dec 16, 2019 - Sales in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. If you need a quick buck while looking for other jobs.

Cons

All you’re doing is aggressively selling people stuff at Costco it’s a horrible job.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best decision of my career life

Nov 6, 2017 - Account Manager in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Self Made Marketing for about 8 months exactly. I found their ad on CareerBuilder and decided to give it a shot and wow! What a amazing decision that was. I went through the program as a Account Manager and developed skills I never would have if I would hadn't have come across this awesome opportunity. Before, I never had sales experience, was working as an Olive Garden server hating life minute by the minute. I never had clear direction in life, did some college, decided it was not for me. Going through this program I am meeting some amazing people in the process and seeing the effect it has on my growth i just wish i would have found it sooner. My manager helped mature me into this person that when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see. He gave me a opportunity that has helped set my kids for a completely better life than I would have been able to do on my own. It has to be experienced to be believed. Trust me, do not miss out- this might be the greatest decision you will make in your life.

Cons

The cons: If you don't have a student mentality and aren't willing to learn, then this will be a very rough road for you, and you won't go far. Nothing will be given- every single dollar will be earned, it just makes it way more sweeter in the end.

HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback, we truly appreciate it and will continue to strive too be one of the best marketing companies across the nation.

8. 4.0

Former Employees

Oct 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at self made marketing was a great decision, I was able to learn a lot about business marketing & face to face interactions with people. Gained self management skills I can use in any field.

Cons

Long hours & a lot of meetings

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for the review! We will continue to strive to do better.

9. 5.0

Growth and Oppurtunity

Apr 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I honestly was skeptical coming in with my understanding of the company, and after weeks of engagement, I found myself understanding much more and seeing very fast progress in myself. Very positive and fun environment, I never worked at a job where the people i work along side with looked to help each other so much on a daily basis. Within my first 2 months here, ive already gotten the chance to fly out to Dallas where I've never been before and MAN was that an experience. Looking forward to see what happens next!

Cons

The only con I see is the fact that this opportunity does challenge you, all for the right reasons. The fact it easily exposes the slackers vs hard workers. Someone once told me that the more you give, the more you get. I think this opportunity is a prime example of that statement.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Glad I found this opportunity

Aug 17, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in Hayward, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of opportunity for growth and advancement, Great credible clients, A lot of bonuses and you control how much you make its Hourly plus commission last week I made $1000 and I worked only 35 hours!

Cons

A lot of conference calls, some last for 30 minutes others an hour 2-3 times a week. The conference calls give you a lot of info on how to grow they are great but time consuming

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

This is great to hear lets keep striving and growing!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews