Sempris Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Communications Manager"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Sempris full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at Sempris for 9 years, in 3 departments, experiencing new challenges and developing new skill sets with each position I've held. The culture has continued to evolve into a fun, friendly atmosphere, and I'm happy to come into work each day because I enjoy what I do. Plus, I've developed some great friendships, and there are fun events throughout the year. Our annual Whirlyball and Laser Tag tournament is a huge hit with our competitive group.

Cons

I would say that one area of improvement would be to improve the communication of business goals and new initiatives the company is undertaking throughout the year.

Advice to Management

I've seen a tremendous amount of growth in the company's offerings over the years, and I think all departments would benefit from understanding all of the different benefits we provide to our customers.

2. "Great company - perhaps in twilight of their business model"

Pros

Their business and processes extremely interesting

Cons

There "old boots" they have done what they do a long time. Don't see them changing

3. "It's alright"

Pros

Laid back environment with not a lot to do.

Cons

Would definitely look into some company background before working there -- it's not ideal to work on quarterly horrible quarterly mailers for extremely low-quality products.

4. "Positives and Negatives Typical With a Small Company"

Pros

Being a small company, you will gain a larger skill set than a similar role at a large corporation. Opportunities to learn are abundant.

Cons

Some definite head butting between departments. Your exposure to this definitely depends on your position within the company.

5. "Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sempris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sempris has an excellent compensation plan. I personally am very satisfied with my base salary, but I also have the opportunity to achieve added incentives throughout the year, based on my performance and the performance of the company.

Cons

As a smaller company, you tend to stay in a position longer than you would elsewhere. However. there is a lot of work to be done. so you get the opportunity to try a lot of different types of work, and learn many facets of the marketing business.

6. "Sempris provided me with the opportunity to develop new skills and expand my capabilities within my field."

Current Employee - Web Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Web Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Being a smaller company, Sempris is a great place gain experience in areas beyond your specific expertise. I learned a lot about the marketing business, in general. It's a great place to learn and grow.

Cons

By the same token, there are always a lot of balls up in there, and lots of juggling of multiple projects and priorities. It's a fast-paced and challenging environment. This is not the place for someone who is change averse.

Advice to Management

I would say that more administrative support is needed to increase efficiency and free up resources needed to move projects to completion more quickly.