SendGrid Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2019

4.5
SendGrid CEO Sameer Dholakia
Sameer Dholakia
  1. "Culture is not just a set of buzzwords"

Current Employee - Director, Engineering in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every company you consider joining has a web page that highlights why they have a great culture. At SendGrid, they actually mean it. The culture is built into and ingrained in the fabric of getting work done and respecting those you work with. The work is interesting and fast paced. Engineering teams are focused on the latest technologies and there are clear business priorities against which to work on that move... the company forward. Executive leadership focuses on the long picture and making appropriate strategic plans that provide a long-term vision for growth for the company.

Cons

The company IPO-d last year and is going through the growing pains shifting from startup to small private company, to public company. The company is poised to continue to grow and there will naturally be growing pains as part of that process. Someone who like stability and no change would not thrive in the environment. That said, it's not chaotic, but you have to be comfortable with a growth mindset.

Advice to Management

Communication is frequent and employees feel in the know. Advice to the ELT would be to be a bit tougher on messaging and where growth will be difficult and not to coddle employees.

SendGrid2018-08-15
  2. "Great Company in Denver"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

Great culture and fantastic people.

Cons

Expectations for work can be unrealistic.

SendGrid2019-11-15

"Looked too good to be true from the outside...then I joined and discovered it was just as good as advertised!"

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

So many pros, hard to list them all but here goes: - Fantastic culture - Amazing servant leadership committed to the culture and employees - Tons of opportunity to make an impact and huge willingness inside the company to improve - Fantastic tech-y perks like free lunches, snacks, beer & wine, and on and on - Great benefits and compensation - Office environment is great - I can't say enough about the... culture and leadership - I've never met such a humble yet very smart CEO Can I give a rating higher than 5/5 stars?

Cons

Hard to think of any cons - only one that I can think of is that the company is experiencing very normal growing pains .

Advice to Management

The culture and tone set by leadership is the best thing about working here - don't let the pressures of Wall Street and the IPO change that!

SendGrid2017-12-06
  4. "Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Director of Compliance in Denver, CO

I worked at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is real. They live it. They believe it. They hire to it. Lots of passionate people working together.

Cons

Growing pains as the company moves from startup to something greater

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

SendGrid2017-06-06
  5. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent, engaged leadership team. Really hard problems to solve. Massive and growing scale.

Cons

Normal startup growing pains--more stuff on the todo list than time or people to handle everything.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what we're doing. The direction the company is moving is great and the opportunity is enormous.

SendGrid2016-08-11

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Boulder, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hire and manage people based on being happy, hungry, humble, and honest.

Cons

Growing fast and learning as you go

SendGrid2012-07-25