SendGrid Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2019

4.6
SendGrid CEO Sameer Dholakia
Sameer Dholakia
  1. "Seriously the best career choice I've ever made"

Current Employee - Product in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- culture and people are amazing, they challenge you and push you to be the best version of yourself. - decision making process is astounding for a company of our size. Product, finance and engineering decisions are made in a very data-driven way. - Willing to discuss the hard topics and make the most informed decision. - Benefits are amazing, free lunch everyday is fantastic, i hope we don't lose this. - If... you're motivated and willing to work hard, you can be recognized and tasked with more responsibility. I've seen many people grow their careers here and be promoted every year based on their performance and determination.

Cons

- typical pains related to integrating with Twilio after the acquisition in Feb of 2019. Most painful of which is the figuring out how we make decisions now as one larger company. (Twilio has less process / standard way to make decisions, SendGrid has a formalized process). - The general energy of the company is lower now after the Twilio acquisition – still positive but now that we're not a standalone, public... company, there appears to be less control over our business (email, email marketing) destiny. - Culture of Twilio, while close to SendGrid's, is definitely different and will take some time to feel part of one

Advice to Management

Keep working to make Twilio better by adopting and incorporating the best processes, people and systems across the two companies. There is a lot to learn from the employees at both companies that, if implemented, could result in an awesome company.

SendGrid2019-07-09

"best decision"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for less than a year

Pros

awesome work culture latest tech - aws, golang, snowflake vocal and open work place free food tons of snacks powerhouse in denver

Cons

Salary may need adjustment Not big brand name in bay area

Advice to Management

Keep on doing the awesome work.

SendGrid2019-02-13

"Truly, the best decision of your career."

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for less than a year

Pros

Before I even officially started, it was recommended to read: "Radical Candor", "The Alchemy of Growth", and "Competing Against Luck". The company, and senior leadership has a maniacal focus on culture. Every 'Gridder' is evaluated on their ability to get work done, give honest feedback (kindly), learn and grow in their role, and contribute to others' success. We never do anything alone. Cliche analogies aside, it... really does feel like you're climbing a summit. Your skill on it's own is ok, but success relies just as much on the person on belay. The company definitely cares more about your health and wellbeing more than any other place I have worked at. The benefits reflect those values and make it easy to get healthy lunches, find support in meeting your personal goals, and go out and do something fun. Feedback and rapid iteration are key values, resulting in processes that have more polish than fortune 100 companies. The focus on taking feedback at every step and making sure very iteration is better result in artifacts that feel like it took 10x as many people as we have. The work is fun, the teams are extremely supportive and tight-knit, and you'll learn more in 6 months than you thought possible in a year.

Cons

Not on my team, but I have heard that at times, people are too determined to be 'nice' and fail to deliver needed feedback when performance isn't great. I admire the companies commitment to delivering valuable, honest, and timely feedback in a way that's both constructive and unquestionable.

Advice to Management

As we look at a combined company, find ways to ensure what makes SendGrid a great place to work continues on in the new company.

SendGrid2019-01-23
  4. "Marketing Manager"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

Good leadership, and good culture

Cons

A lot of changes so adjusting

SendGrid2019-01-09

"Excellent employer, be prepared to work hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely employee friendly company, good team, flexible, and collaborative environment. I rate the pay and benefits 8.5 out of 10.

Cons

Too many meetings. Many people end up working nights and weekends because there is insufficient time during the day to get actual work done. This next item is not really a "con." It's more of a warning. The company has a "do it now" attitude with absolutely everything. If you accept a job here, be prepared to work hard.

Advice to Management

Successful integration (operational and cultural) with Twilio is critical. Don't abandon the hard working SendGrid employees. From an employee benefit point of view, take the best from each company and provide to the entire SendGrid/Twilio combined company.

SendGrid2018-12-13
  6. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

The focus around culture is real. People treat each other well and always try to enjoy working with each other. Being able to feel comfortable with your peers allows for a much better/more productive work environment. The quality of the people who work here is very impressive. Plus, amazing perks.

Cons

No cons come to mind. Normal growing pains with lots of change happening.

SendGrid2018-11-29
  7. "A Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

Excellent leadership and a clear direction. This company values employees and is truly merit based in promotions and raises - if you perform well, you will be rewarded. The culture is real and followed top down. Great benefits!

Cons

Things move fast and can get hectic at times. Planning is not always done well and product + eng orgs need to work more closely together.

Advice to Management

Protect the culture at all costs.

SendGrid2018-11-29
  8. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

- Crazy good company culture - Excellent compensation - Fantastic perks (parking, lunch, cell phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement) - Amazing people

Cons

- No cons that I can think of

"Best Career Move Yet"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Strong vision, mission -Exceptional leadership -Strong strategic move to merge with Twilio -Good job growth opportunities -Amazing stock benefits and fair compensation/benefits -Ability to make an impact - it's up to you

Cons

-Hiring in Denver/the war for talent is real

SendGrid2018-11-26
  10. "What a great place to work!"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

From the hiring experience, to the onboarding, to the job itself, everything has been amazing. This is truly a company that cares about its employees. Great benefits, pay, people, and product. The perfect combination!

Cons

With the upcoming Twilio acquisition, the future for certain groups is a bit unclear.

Advice to Management

Make sure not to lose what made SendGrid so great with the upcoming acquisition.

SendGrid2018-10-20