SendGrid Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 15 Nov 2019

4.6
SendGrid CEO Sameer Dholakia
Sameer Dholakia

"Bad Company - Management runs the business like they own it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch and snacks

Cons

The company states is has Values that reflect the 4 H's, Honest, Happy, Humble, and Hungry. All of Denver management or most do not follow the values in treating employees with respect and giving them the opportunity to succeed. This is why so many good people leave the company. Stay away -

SendGrid2018-02-13

"Looked too good to be true from the outside...then I joined and discovered it was just as good as advertised!"

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

So many pros, hard to list them all but here goes: - Fantastic culture - Amazing servant leadership committed to the culture and employees - Tons of opportunity to make an impact and huge willingness inside the company to improve - Fantastic tech-y perks like free lunches, snacks, beer & wine, and on and on - Great benefits and compensation - Office environment is great - I can't say enough about the... culture and leadership - I've never met such a humble yet very smart CEO Can I give a rating higher than 5/5 stars?

Cons

Hard to think of any cons - only one that I can think of is that the company is experiencing very normal growing pains .

Advice to Management

The culture and tone set by leadership is the best thing about working here - don't let the pressures of Wall Street and the IPO change that!

SendGrid2017-12-06

"The first real review"

I worked at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, partial commuter benefits, basic startup benefits. There are genuine people there, but the company as a whole is very deceiving. Good luck to future employees :)

Cons

Honesty is one of their “values” and they barely practice that. Management became very shady on how to handle employees at one point. Do not get caught up in their benefits, they’ll snatch half of them just because and try to sweet talk you on why you’re not getting them anymore. The workplace lacks in diversity BIG time and they show no interest in changing that. Don’t even try to speak on it as you... will be ignored. Burnout IS real. The turnover has been high.There is also no clear path to where you can advance to. You are also paid below your market value so fight for your pay.

SendGrid2017-11-15

"Amazing Company to Work For"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

- The leaders of the company - Amazing communication with team all the way to the top - I feel valued and respected, people listen - SendGrid has done an amazing job instilling the culture in its employees even as we grow - People are quick to adapt with all the rapid changes taking place in a scaling company

Cons

- It can be challenging to stress the importance of rolling out features due to the "Way" we approach projects - A growing company means there are growing pains, but we adapt quickly

Advice to Management

As we grow to a larger company, continue to stress what makes this company great - our focus, our people, our culture. Continue to share the humble beginnings of our founders because that can get lost in all the success we continue to see.

SendGrid2017-10-24

"Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good Pay and Great Benefits -Fun and Positive Work Environment -Positive Company Trajectory

Cons

-Not as structured as a larger company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

SendGrid2017-10-11
  6. "Almost a month in and loving my decision to join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company that believes in the values they preach - the 4 H's mean something here! Great group of people, super welcoming, always wiling to help. Most importantly, SendGrid has technology that clients need!

Cons

Fast growing companies are always in transition - but this place know that, and they do their best to make it as easy as possible on everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on the people. Servant leadership is the right model!

SendGrid2017-09-22
  7. "Envy of many in Colorado"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing and profitable. Right on the light rail. Awesome CEO. Trying to improve all the time. Protective of the culture. Care for employees. Free food and parking.

Cons

They can go overboard on liberal political themes at times. No unlimited PTO like similar SAAS companies. Too many meetings. Always more work than people due to a high bar which is good but painful sometimes.

Advice to Management

Don't be so afraid of or punish employees being people with diverse views that doesn't always conform to your way of thinking about social issues. Get rid of PTO. Go public already!

SendGrid2017-08-01
  8. "The quiet unicorn"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Probably the best tech company in Colorado.

Cons

Sometimes SendGrid feels like a well-kept secret, better name recognition would be great.

Advice to Management

One of the things I've been most impressed by at SendGrid is the ability of the management to change and grow. Keep it up--if you're capable of changing, you can adapt to any situation.

SendGrid2017-07-30
  9. "Awesome"

Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid for more than a year

Pros

Great company wouldn't change it for the world!

Cons

None, everything is great with awesome benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

SendGrid2017-07-27
  10. "Talk About Career Defining"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been in the workplace for almost ten years and can tell you, without a doubt, that SendGrid is the greatest job I've ever had. SendGrid is not just about the perks and benefits ... it's career-defining, to say the least. You have ownership over your career, your work and opportunities to grow -- as long as you're good and committed. If you're not making the best out of this job, you're not taking advantage of... everything SendGrid has to offer. Our CEO, Sameer, is the most humble, honest, happy and hungry human I've ever met, no surprise that he won EY Entrepreneur of the Year. He lives and breathes our culture and makes sure everyone else does as well. Our vision is clear and we have smart people moving the company in the right direction, our engineers are tirelessly committed to our brand and our customers, ELT admits they don't always know the answers but are constantly looking for ways to improve and live up to their promises. We have free lunches everyday, a Wifi Shuttle bus, a great 401K provider (which in the past would have been my greatest complaint), gym stipend, cell stipend, free parking (not the norm in Denver), commuting plans, a best in class office that EMPLOYEES helped design. We're award winning. We're awesome. And you're crazy if you don't want to work here.

Cons

Honestly, biggest con is that many of our employees don't realize how good they have it, especially those that this is their first job. You don't get this elsewhere, people, the perks, the transparency, the lovable management, the smart engineers, the committed teams. This is NOT the norm so take it all in and enjoy the ride. Also, growing pains are real but you'll have those in any organization growing at the... speed and scale that we are. I say embrace it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep listening to and caring about employees -- even if we're double our current employee size. You rock.

SendGrid2017-07-12