SendGrid Reviews | Glassdoor

SendGrid CEO Sameer Dholakia
Sameer Dholakia
  1. "Career-Defining Moments"

Current Employee - Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every Gridder truly lives the 4H culture, I wake up every morning excited to come to work because of the awesome people I work with and the amazing opportunities I get. From leadership to individual contributors, everyone gives their all every single day. The perks are amazing. Free lunch everyday, full kitchen and multiple kegs, Happy hours almost every week, free trip to Mexico every January and pretty good... benefits.

Cons

I literally cannot think of any. I'm so happy here.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the importance of the 4H's to all of us. It truly makes us proud to have you as leaders.

SendGrid2017-07-12
  2. "Product Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart, engaged teammates - Fast growing company - Lots of opportunities to take on more responsibility

Cons

- Growing fast means growing pains

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the experience of all the team members

SendGrid2017-07-11
  3. "Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

SendGrid has a 4H culture (humble, hungry, honest, happy) ... and everyone here lives by the 4H's everyday. Everyone is truly excited to be part of the SendGrid journey and strive to be the best we can be. Being around that positive energy makes coming to work easy and fun!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. I am proud to be a Gridder!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the team to be their best. The company is growing and changing as we grow, and that can sometimes be uncomfortable. But we are moving in the right direction and as long as we do it arm-in-arm, change will continue to be a good thing for SendGrid!

SendGrid2017-07-06

"Hands down the best place I've worked"

Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at SendGrid for more than 3 years

Pros

Hiring people with the 4H mentality makes it much easier to ensure we're all mature enough to get along even when things go badly. Lots and lots of perks at the company.

Cons

Management layers weren't really in place very strongly when I worked there though it was much better by the time I left. This caused a ton of changes (mostly process) while management figured out what to do, but it showed they cared about the employees to do so. But it was pretty jarring for engineers for a while. Much better now I think.

SendGrid2017-07-02
  5. "Best place to start a career"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible, inspiring executive team. Great managers and employees- I've already learned 1000x more here in just a couple of months than my 4 years of college. Since the company is growing and changing so quickly, I also get to own a ton of cool work that I don't think I would be able to at any other company. I truly believe in the future prospects of this company. Culture is amazing, everyone is so happy. Benefits... are great. This place is like Narnia.

Cons

Not sure if there are any - growing pains with more thoughtful procedures being put in place, but I don't mind the change.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

SendGrid2017-07-04
  6. "Great Culture, Great Company"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

People. Challenging. Opportunities to make a meaningful impact.

Cons

SendGrid owns the email infrastructure space. The challenge is to leverage that knowledge and couple it with a solid understanding of Marketer needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to honor the company's 4 H culture.

SendGrid2017-07-03
  7. "Culture holds true as SendGrid grows and matures"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, 4 H's are a core part of the company. Engaging engineering challenges due to scale. Promising growth and company trajectory. Servant leadership mentality from our executives and managers is motivating and true to Humble H. Great perks like free lunch with a growing variety of options, snacks on snacks, many different stipends, and increasing clarity around role definition and career growth... opportunities. Company is very in tune with feedback and makes real effort to change and grow.

Cons

Many of our systems and processes in engineering can be frustrating to use for a multitude of reasons. Product organization stuck in an awkward limbo between waterfall and agile that makes planning stressful and rushed. On call cuts into personal life outside of work, although it's getting better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback and continuing to make change. No one expects perfection from a company, but continuing to work towards improving and being better is incredibly engaging as an employee.

SendGrid2017-07-02
  8. "Best Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing downtown office, breakfast and lunch every day, competitive pay, above average benefits, the whole package.

Cons

Normal growing pains of a medium sized business

Advice to Management

Keep the clear and defined focus and goal of the company as transparent as it is now. It's great to have a company-wide buy-in and belief in where the company is going and what will be needed to get there!

SendGrid2017-06-30
  9. "Email Delivery Consultant"

I have been working at SendGrid

Pros

The culture is more genuine than any other I've experienced. The people are great and incredibly talented. Across the company, it truly feels like a team.

Cons

A lot of change. Too many meetings make it hard to be productive within work hours. Typical growing pains of a fast growing business.

SendGrid2017-06-24
  10. "The best company I've worked for in my 15+ year career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Highly stable business model, with tremendous upside to keep growing, and growing, and growing... - CEO's and senior leadership's maniacal focus on ensuring SendGrid is an engaging, enjoyable place to work. - Mission, Vision, and Values that actually drive how the company is managed and how we interact every day, as opposed to just being words on a page/wall. We talk the talk and walk the walk.

Cons

The non-HQ offices in California are still growing to critical mass which creates some challenges in the short-term.

SendGrid2017-06-23