Sendero Reviews

Updated Jan 20, 2021

4.4
Sendero Founder and Managing Partner Bret Farrar
Bret Farrar
Pros
  • "Good work life balance with minimal traveling unless you want to travel(in 46 reviews)

• "A company that is glued to the 5 core values(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing rapidly and on occasion growing pains do surface(in 24 reviews)

• "We are a fast-growing company and as others have mentioned, that comes with 'growing pains'(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Supportive Environment with a Go-Getter Mentality"

I have been working at Sendero full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Strong management vision - Ability to see learned skills from college play out in real-world - Continued learning available and strongly encouraged - Hard work is noticed - Welcoming workforce - Ability to make an impact on client projects - Support from all levels of the organization - Strong culture - Encouraged to pursue your interests

Cons

- Work sometimes requires longer days - Changing managers and projects can be difficult

2. "Great Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-Life Balance, Culture, and Great Experience for first job

Cons

Lower pay than most consulting firms

3. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Sendero full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and management team!

Cons

Smaller company so fewer opportunities and less diverse/challenging projects

"Fun IT Project Management Firm"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sendero full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Fun events - Leadership is nice and seems to genuinely care about their people - Leadership is accessible - All levels have the ok to sell their own projects

Cons

- It's difficult to sell anything other than IT implementation work as that's where the vast majority of Sendero's experience lies - Review/feedback process is so onerous and frequent that it feels disingenuous at times - Mostly staff aug work for managers and below - The non-compete agreement is extremely restrictive. You have 3 options if you leave Sendero: 1) Leave consulting; 2) Move from Dallas or Houston if you want to stay in consulting; or 3) Leave consulting for one year and then return if you don't want to move from Dallas or Houston

5. "Fantastic"

I worked at Sendero full-time

Pros

Great environment and great people

Cons

None that I can think of

6. COVID-19

"A Great Start To My Professional Career"

I have been working at Sendero full-time for more than a year

Pros

- project types and industries vary so you get plenty of exposure - opportunties to get involved internally and in the community - work-life balance - no travel required - management team visibility and accessibility - great feedback channels for growth - fun culture that is inclusive/welcoming - transparency of leadership (especially during a pandemic)

Cons

- sometimes hrs can be long, depends on the stage of the project - uncertainty around where your next project will be or who your next team will be

7. "Great People"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

Work with dedicated and ethical individuals

Cons

Smaller team sizes typically have little interaction with most employees at the firm

"High Achievers Waste Away Due to Misalignment of Work"

I worked at Sendero full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Sendero are wonderful! I walked away from this company with individuals who I know will be lifelong friends. I came to work everyday with the understanding that there were people (mostly the Associate and Analyst levels, not particularly from management) who genuinely cared about me as an individual. This sentiment was reflected in Sendero's recent culture survey results, so I know that most at Sendero feel that the people are its biggest asset! The work/life balance is also incredible! It's great not to have to travel, and to leave the office after putting in an 8-hour day. Many projects had to work long hours, on weekends, or during holidays, but I was lucky to work essentially 8:00-4:00 at each of my clients.

Cons

I'm sad to say that I was disappointed in my time at Sendero. It's daunting to take several years of experience doing this type of work into a competitive job market. It requires a very crafty spin to fool other companies into believing that Sendero's work is credible. To say that Sendero does "management consulting" is misleading, to both candidates and future employers. Sendero employees at the Associate and Analyst levels are quickly realizing that they didn't sign up to be career project managers, which is why attrition is increasing (but not really being addressed). Many other Sendero employees would like to leave Sendero, but unfortunately find themselves unable to find new opportunities. Due to a strict non-compete and drama surrounding consulting firms in the area, employees are forced to stay in the Sendero role for which they did not sign up, find a new role in IT project management in a corporate environment, or leave DFW/Houston to pursue other consulting opportunities. I heard it described recently as a "hostage situation" for those who are desperate to leave but unable to find opportunities. I was also disappointed in the processes set in place by Sendero. Every 6 months, it was shocking to see who was promoted and who was not. It seems that those who had forged the best relationships, regardless of their quality of work, were promoted. There are many in the manager/senior manager positions who are inadequately prepared to manage people, but were seemingly promoted because they knew the right people and had been around long enough.

June 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for sharing your perspective with us. It sounds like your experience does not align with Our Why, which is to help others unleash their potential. While we are disappointed, we are fueled by the reminder that we have room to improve. We look forward to working together with our team to continuously improve our employee experience. We wish you success in your next step!

"Internal alignment needed"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sendero full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great for inexperienced recent college graduates

Cons

Corporate america etiquette is really all you receive here. You are just another body on the project to many of your clients. Many modern and innovative ways of working will not fit in here. Despite Sendero telling you otherwise internally, you are only another billable body to them.

June 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for sharing your perspective with us. It sounds like your experience does not align with our vision for how we succeed, having the best people doing the best delivery. We will never be perfect, but we strive to continuously improve. Thank you for sharing several years with us, and we wish you the best in your future goals.

10. "Great company culture"

I worked at Sendero full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and the people are great

Cons

Not great pay Not much variety of projects

June 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for leaving a review! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 146 English Reviews