Sendero Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sendero Founder and Managing Partner Bret Farrar
Bret Farrar

Pros
  • Great work life balance at Sendero (in 29 reviews)

• Upper management maintains an open door policy that is inviting and never pretentious (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • A few growing pains as the company expands rapidly (in 16 reviews)

• The pay isn't as much as you'll make at bigger consulting firms, but I've found that the work-life balance is well worth it (in 8 reviews)

1. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing people
    - Great culture
    - Leadership goes above and beyond
    - Growth potential
    - Employee focused
    - Good reputation

Cons

Opportunities:
    - Improve formal training
    - Maintain track of the consultants that are constantly driving +45 mins to a client's site, and rotate each individual to projects that require this level of driving

Advice to Management

Refer to opportunities (Cons).

Apr 17, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad you've experienced that pros that you shared in your first year with us. We will continue to be employee focused so that the other elements ... More

2. "Challenging Work with Supportive Leaders"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sendero is an extremely supportive yet challenging environment. I enjoy getting experience at multiple clients, with the support of a consulting firm helping me obtain the necessary information to succeed. The fact that it's a small company also allows each employee to get a lot of hands on experience.

Cons

As we rapidly grow, it's difficult to assess what traditions are part of the culture, and what we have outgrown, but our leadership actively works on this issue.

Mar 8, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that the experiences you've had the opportunity to work on have been challenging but fulfilling. We welcome your feedback as we continue to grow. We want to ... More

3. "Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

From the moment I interviewed I knew this was the company for me. Walking through the door you can tell Sendero is about their people and the Dallas community. Passion runs deep here. Everyone is very hard working, but they also know how to have fun in the process. If there is one thing they have excelled in, it is definitely the culture and making you feel part of the team.

Health coverage is great as well as other benefits.

Cons

I haven't found any so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It is working.

Jan 31, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

We are so glad to have you with us! Thank you for the review and please continue to share your feedback.

5. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this company is its people. The individuals I work with are talented, incredibly bright, trustworthy, and fun. They host a variety of team building events. Most importantly, the client work I have been engaged in have all been highly rewarding. The work is fun and challenging. I appreciate the Career Advisor program where each employee is paired with a Career Advisor who not only helps with career development plans, but also serves as a support system, and mentor throughout your tenure at Sendero.

Cons

As any growing company, there are opportunities with 401k plan and wish there was an option to invest in index funds.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent and keeping people, client, and community first!

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks so much for the review. We appreciate everything you do and bring to our team! As we continue to grow, we will be able to offer even more flexibility and options with our benefits. Keep ... More

6. "A small company with a GIANT future!"

Pros

Top 3 Reasons to work at Sendero:
    1. Family Atmosphere - Sendero is overflowing with people who I've met as strangers and have grown to know as true friends. They hold me accountable each and every day, and make sure that I'm doing my best to reach my potential and make the most of each opportunity to represent Sendero.
    2. Unbelievable Leadership - The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) puts dents in the universe every single day. That is to say, the work they do is impactful, unique and affects change in ways no other company has done or will do. No one can convince me otherwise. There is something refreshing and energizing about have a leadership team full of visionaries and leadership model that is predicated on doing things the right way each and every day.
    3. Intentionality - Nothing Sendero does is purposeless. There is a rhyme and a reason behind every move that the company makes. This characteristic speaks to the level of detail every employee possesses, but also emphasizes the collective pride every Senderoan carries while working with clients to help them move towards effective business solutions.

Cons

There are no downsides of working at Sendero.

Advice to Management

Continue to set goals, hold high standards, and pursue excellence no matter how ambitious they may seem. Believe it or not, it is these qualities that are most exciting and attractive to millennials. The social gatherings and professional opportunities are great, but nothing tops the assurance of knowing that the company I chose to work for is just as concerned with and committed to my future as I am. In less than a year, Sendero has exhibited a level of commitment and encouragement, from the top down, to develop and grow in ways that will allow me to deliver for clients in any environment.

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for this inspiring review! It's so wonderful to hear our employees speak out about the things we strive for. We will continue to live out our core value of 'Higher Reaching"! If you have ... More

7. "Great people and a company that cares about looking after them!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sendero is a place that genuinely cares about its people. It sounds like a gimmick that they tell you during recruiting and initially I was expecting the hammer to drop and that eventually the act would be given up. However, everything that I have seen has only reinforced what Sendero has been saying all along. They truly care for their people and they demonstrate this in the initiatives they undertake and where they place value within the company.
    I have also found that Sendero has provided me with an environment that is conducive for personal and professional growth. I am constantly challenged and have ample opportunity to expand my learning and involvement when desired. With collaborative teams and challenging work, I feel that I have been given the necessary support and opportunity to progress my career. Sendero also encourages involvement across multiple areas within the company and this provides its employees with the chance to not only learn multiple disciplines but to feel personal ownership in the company as it grows.
    Sendero is a place that is passionate about its people and works diligently to foster a culture that supports that in tangible ways. In an industry that is known for focusing on the work and not the people, it is nice to be a part of a company that is willing to go the extra mile for its employees!

Cons

Sendero should continue to work on adding diversity to its clients - in industry, size, and location.

Advice to Management

Management needs to make sure that its focus on people and culture is not lost as the company grows.

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks for the review! You are exactly right - we will keep our focus on people as the company grows. As we say, our purpose is to enable the potential of our company, clients, and community. Company ... More

8. "Great Culture, Great People, Great Company"

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

- Ability to make an immediate and significant impact, regardless of position or level or experience

- Locally focused work in both DFW and Houston

- Incredible attention to growth and development, both professionally and personally

- Access to leadership and key decision makers

- Inspiring and rewarding company culture

- Incredible people

Cons

- Small firm, therefore limited by textbook small roadblocks (Limited recruiting resources, smaller starting salary, etc.)

- Lack of professional degree reimbursement program

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the profound emphasis on development of personnel in accordance with the firm's culture, push toward an established presence in new Texas markets, and strive to achieve manageable growth across all aspects of the company.

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for the review! As we continue to grow, our resources and flexibility with benefits will continue to grow as well. That being said, we do not require our employees to obtain advanced ... More

9. "Sendero - Consulting with Purpose, Passion, and Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Career growth is driven by the individual with a clearly defined career path with clear expectations at each level. Open communication channels internally and at client engagements allow for team building, mutual respect, and understanding required to deliver successful results for our clients and deliver great career opportunities for our people. Strong focus on maintaining and strengthening our company's culture as we continue to grow at a rapid pace. Responsive to employee feedback to continuously improve internal operations. Fantastic talent identification processes and frameworks allow us to identify high performing individuals that are fit for the industry and our culture. We have a lot of fun along the way!

Cons

We're growing and still a relatively small consulting company. My perspective is not all projects will include a large project team, but if we focus on what's most important - delivering great results and developing great relationships - it won't be long before the project team grows due to demand alone.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on how we can continue our growth pattern, innovate, and replicate while staying true to "who we are" and "how we do things".

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks so much for the review! We do have a lot of fun, don't we? You're right, as we continue to grow, larger and more complex engagements will come. We have several examples where that's already ... More

10. "Amazing company, people, and culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Friendly and inviting atmosphere, overall an incredible culture. I have had a great experience working here. Sendero (at all levels) really values and cares about its employees, the community, and clients.

Cons

Would like to see more employee benefits or "perks" (aside from compensation). However, as we are growing, leadership/HR is being responsive to such feedback.

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks for the review! As we continue to grow, we'll be able to offer even more to our employees. Current perks include pizza Fridays, free drinks and snacks, month happy hours, reduced rate gym ... More

11. "Nimble company, feels like family, growing quickly"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

Fantastic culture that permeates at all levels. Feedback is encouraged both up and down. Vibrant, youthful working environment. Co-workers can be trusted, you really feel like part of the team. Work-life balance is taken seriously. Travel is always optional, never required. Interesting projects that tend to be short-to-mid term, so you won't feel stuck in one place.

Cons

Currently small in size which means we don't land the same types of major projects as the big boys. Growing quickly comes with some growing pains, but management has taken a serious and noticeable effort at correcting course quickly, when needed.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of your core values as company expands. You have ambitious goals for growth and it will be important to maintain the culture as new markets are added.

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks for sharing your perspective! We will continue to keep our core values as our focus. As discussed at our recent quarterly meeting, we're focused on taking our company "to the next level ... More