Sendero Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 7, 2017

Current Employees

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I also enjoy being local and have been able to enjoy a great work-life balance (in 35 reviews)

• One of a kind culture based on living out core values daily (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Some growing pains due to rapid growth (in 21 reviews)

• The pay isn't as much as you'll make at bigger consulting firms, but I've found that the work-life balance is well worth it (in 8 reviews)

1. "It’s not like all the other consulting firms and that’s kind of a good thing!"

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

Great culture, company really cares for its employees. You get to work with smart and fun people! Good set of clients and the company is moving in the right direction. Work/life balance is good and it’s not the usual consulting hours, but that could change depending on client needs.

Cons

Since it is a smaller firm, salary and some benefits are not as competitive vs. other firms. Salary is lower vs. other firms with people in same positions. 401k is also a bit lower than other firms.

Advice to Management

Management is doing well! Keep doing what you’re doing! The firm is still growing and I think it’ll get there.

2. "I've just started so I can't say a whole lot yet, but it seems that everyone at my level really enjoys working here."

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work environment, very supportive, and genuinely interested in developing their people. Coming from a large corporate setting its almost unnerving as if it's all a facade, but it really isn't. Sendero has culture down.

Cons

Some growing pains due to rapid growth. As in, it can be hard to find a place to sit on Fridays when lots of people come into the main office. Luckily we're relocating nearby to a larger space soon.

Advice to Management

No complaints yet

Oct 2, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad you joined us. We're also looking forward to the new office and extra space. Our new location is just 2 blocks from our current Dallas... More

"Consulting firm that's true to its values"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're looking for a place to work where people genuinely care about their coworkers, look no further. The work that we do here is challenging, but incredibly rewarding and done with a greater purpose. The employees here are intelligent, compassionate, and just good all-around people. I can confidently say I've never woken up on a work day and dreaded going into work, which is sadly rare in today's working world. I began my career at Sendero and optimistically look forward to continuing it here for the foreseeable future.

Cons

Sendero continues to scale rapidly (~30% growth/year), which is associated with growing pains. Many of our processes have evolved significantly over the past years that I've been here, which sometimes can produce a degree of angst in the firm. I believe that the leadership team is doing a good job navigating these changes and am positive about the outlook of the company

Advice to Management

As processes evolve and our firm encounters change, continue to demonstrate your buy-in for the strategic plan. You have an incredible amount of influence across the firm, and your attitude dictates the optimism of your people.

"Associate"

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

-Incredible culture
    -You will become great friends with your colleagues
    -Leadership will know you personally
    -Project managers will help you succeed
    -Everyone wants you to perform well
    -A company that is glued to the 5 core values
    -Incredible work life balance

Cons

-Small firm so there are not all of the benefits of big firms (tuition reimbursement, free sporting tickets), but we are getting new benefits all the time (phone stipend, parking stipend. These do not cover all of the costs of a phone bill/parking costs, but it is nice to have the stipend).
    -There are some "growing pains." In my opinion that means we are kicking off great programs, but they are young so they are not mature. For example, there are some people who have been at the same client for a long time. We now have a program in place to increase awareness for those employees so they will be transitioned off their client and onto a new one. This program is not a "well oiled machine," but it is still a new program. The con is the "growing pain" of the program being implemented, but we are not yet perfect at leveraging the program.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow Sendero. I was a college hire and I have grown so much in my time with the firm. I hope we continue to grow, continue to expand, and mature into the next level company we are targeting to be. I am fully bought into the vision, and I will stay with the firm as long as the vision and core values remain in place.

Oct 2, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. Your advice is both appreciated and encouraging. Our commitment to our values and vision is motivated by our goal to unleash the potential of our people. We... More

"Pleasantville"

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy place to work. Great work-life balance. A stress-free environment at all times where no one is asked to be anything more than what they are.

Cons

Lack of firm direction; no long term concept of partnership. Ask for employee feedback and promote shared success' but unfortunately, feedback falls on deaf ears. Appears to be a small inner circle making all the decisions.

Advice to Management

Delegate delivery responsibilities to Sr. Managers and down. SLT should focus on building relationships and selling work.

Dont assume you're always right and trust your people as the firm grows and you become less connected with the pulse of the culture.

Aug 31, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

[Response provided by Jeff Schar, Sendero Principal]

Sendero strives to be a great place to work for all and focusing on you, our employee, remains a top priority. Growing as a company comes with... More

"Analyst"

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sendero has a great culture that is super entrepreneurial. It still feels like family although we are growing like crazy and now I don't know everyone. I enjoy experiencing this critical time where we will need to take a small company to a mid sized company and out grow our processes and building. There are exciting things in the works for Sendero and it is great how management lets us in on many of those conversations. Great performance management program, Career advisory program, and internal opportunities.

Cons

Many people have been on the same clients for years, working in silos from their Sendero teammates. Looking forward to seeing more unique clients, more moving people around and more teams of Sendero employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your reports and understand what they are doing and working on, make an effort to know everyone/as many people as you can even though we are growing quickly. Understand that even though Sendero is working on exciting things internally, the client facing consultant's job hasn't changed for the past few years.

"This is One Great Company"

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance
    Interesting projects
    Interesting, inspiring, and fun employees

Cons

It's difficult to think of cons

"Great Consulting Company Culture"

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly employees, meaningful work, strong culture, integrity, no travel

Cons

smaller firm, still growing to full potential

"Best career decison I've made!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sendero is truly a one of a kind consulting firm. The opportunity to work with passionate, intelligent individuals and a company that genuinely cares about its people, clients and community is extremely rare. You'll have the opportunity to work on engaging and challenging projects which will allow you to stretch and grow. There is a clearly defined career progression matrix which takes bureaucracy out of promotions. I plan on being a Sendoroan for a long time.

Cons

We are small company that is growing and we are experiencing some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to find challenging engagements.

"Extremely satisfied!"

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time here has exceeded my expectations. The culture they sell you on during recruitment is real -- the employees genuinely care about each other and helping one another achieve shared success. Thus, coming to work everyday is a joy; I never knew I could enjoy being with a group of people so much while at the same time being challenged and seeing growth in my work. I feel supported in every way and encouraged to reach higher. I also enjoy being local and have been able to enjoy a great work-life balance.

Cons

Of course, there are common things that come with being a small firm, such as less access to comprehensive training; however, the cons are minor compared to the pros.