Sendero Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Sendero Reviews

Updated January 28, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great work life balance at Sendero (in 29 reviews)

• Upper management maintains an open door policy that is inviting and never pretentious (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • A few growing pains as the company expands rapidly (in 16 reviews)

• The pay isn't as much as you'll make at bigger consulting firms, but I've found that the work-life balance is well worth it (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

- Culture: From top to bottom everyone believes in the culture and working together. Management makes themselves available to all levels and they truly care about how you are doing. Can be rare for a consulting company.
     - Opportunities: You have the opportunity to try different industries even at experienced levels. You can get involved in just about every expect of the company making recommendations and providing opinions.
     - Involved in the community: Sendero is a company that truly believes in giving back to the community. They are active in a number of organizations and supports employees giving back to the community on their own as well.

Cons

- cannot think of any cons at this time

Advice to Management

keep up the great work.

2. "Outstanding people and fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Culture of service to others.......Clients, Employees and Community
    - Great work life balance......leadership emphasizes the importance of supporting individuals with their work life balance
    - Collaborative approach to work......nobody is left out on an island with no support

Cons

- Sendero continues to experience growing pains as our company expands but the leadership team is very open to feedback and working hard to ensure internal operations is focused on developing the necessary support structure for our workforce

Advice to Management

- Keep up the great work of growing and expanding our presence in Dallas and Houston
    - We appreciate the transparency and open door policy that allows all employees to have a clear line of sight between their contributions and our success
    - Stay true to our culture and don’t change who we are as we expand

3. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Sendero is a rare breed of a consulting company where your career and development are truly important to Management, Senior Management, and Executive teams. Working at Sendero means you are surrounded by brilliant, humble, and fun individuals. It is also important to note that the company's strategic leaders have continuously proven sound judgment and I have full trust in them to successfully guide this company through all economic cycles. The future is looking very bright here.

Cons

Communication during the hiring process can be improved but is still very much above average.

5. "A Consulting Firm that Cares About You"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sendero is a firm that truly cares about you and your career. The company's core values are not just a recruiting or BD tool used to pull in new hires and / or clients. Firm leadership solicits and values input from all employee levels and uses that feedback to drive change. Some of the things I enjoy most about Sendero are as follows:

1) Leadership trusts me with roles that challenge me on a day to day basis
    2) While the firm is growing (it has doubled in size since I started), I continue to feel connected on a personal level to most employees
    3) Work / life balance is achievable
    4) I am recognized for the value I provide to the firm

Cons

While Sendero is a great place to work, there are and will continue to be some growing pains:

1) Compensation packages are not quite the level some of the larger consulting firms can offer
    2) The firm continues to work on striking the right balance between its focus on company culture and delivery

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, continue to keep things personal with a heads-down focus on delivery of client results, internal initiatives, innovation and our culture.

6. "Consulting with Culture"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- delivers and ensures work / life balance, integrity and employee development
    - culture fit interview process creates a great dynamic across position levels
    - offers leadership opportunities from the start
    - competitive benefits package
    - incredible support from leadership with extensive industry experience
    - young company in a strong growth position with opportunities to contribute

Cons

- no paid parking
    - little name recognition across industry
    - young company, still learning some lessons
    - struggling to diversify the company resume

Advice to Management

Consider placing more emphasis on branding a methodology to be known and respected for. The willingness to be flexible is important, but these do not have to be mutually exclusive.

7. "Great Company with Great People"

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sendero is a collaborative and supportive work environment. There are countless leadership opportunities that allow you to grow in your career. Sendero has a great company culture that starts from the leadership down.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep company culture at the top of the priorities even as we continue to grow.

8. "Sendero"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

Sendero is an awesome place to work. The employer truly values the holistic well-being (personal and professional) of employees and strives to offer the best experience to its people and clients. A few specific pros are:

- Unique professional growth opportunities in local community
    - Work life balance coupled with challenging, interesting project-based work
    - Supportive and positive base of employees
    - Projects in a variety of industries and generalist philosophy allow employees to become well rounded

Cons

As mentioned before, Sendero is a great place to work. Cons that come to mind are more dependent on what a potential employees is looking for in employment. The following are pros to me, but may not be what certain individuals are seeking:
    - Limited travel opportunity if that is of interest (not guaranteed per the local business model)
    - Limited opportunity to specialize in a certain type of consulting or select a specific industry if that is of interest (because they focus on developing rounded employees)

Advice to Management

Continue the great work to enable employees to deliver! Looking forward to seeing how the company grows over the next few years with new initiatives.

9. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible mentorship, quick career growth and progression, outstanding people at all levels, best company culture I've ever experienced.

Cons

Since it is a smaller and newer company we are still growing in enhancing training.

Advice to Management

None

10. "Everything is awesome"

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Good work/life balance
    -Great mentorship program
    -Tight-knit culture where everyone is willing to help everyone else
    -True open door policy with senior leadership
    -Room to grow with company

Cons

-Company is still solidifying processes and procedures
    -There are typical growing pains with a young company

Advice to Management

Keep defining the path forward on specialization versus consultants being generalists.

11. "The Right Place"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I only recently started working at Sendero, every day something makes me feel like I've chosen the right place. Every person I've met has reaffirmed the culture that Sendero is so proud of: one that is genuinely sincere and supportive. So far, I've found that nothing is only surface-level; when Sendero says that they put their employees first, it's not just words.

People care about each other- it's not just work friends, it's friends. People care about their clients. People care about the community. And finally, people care about the company and making sure that as it grows, it continues to keep the things that make it so great.

Cons

Sendero is a small company and as such benefits are not as comprehensive as large corporations. Of course it'd be nice to get paid as much as larger consulting firms, but really the work-life balance is so worth the slightly lower pay.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Transparency is awesome.