Sendik's Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ted Balistreri

Pros
  • Great people to work with, flexible schedule, you don't have to work past about 9 pm (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible hours, great way to improve people skills, great first job (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They are not flexible at all with scheduling for full time associates (in 5 reviews)

• Customers can be hard to deal with, really poor department supervisors and incompetent upper management staff (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good"

I have been working at Sendik's full-time

Pros

-They have really good benefits.
    -Depending on the department, schedules can be very flexible.
    -There are tons of opportunities to move up considering they open new stores all the time.

Cons

-For some positions, pay can be a bit better.
    -Some departments can be short on people, thus putting more load on others

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier in New Berlin, WI

Pros

Cons

the pay is kind of low for the area, you do have to work some holidays, overall it is good

Advice to Management

make sure to let your employees know how much you appreciate them and they work they do

3. "Cashier"

I have been working at Sendik's part-time

Pros

Nice company to work for great benefits

Cons

Need more day hours not evening.

5. "Horrible"

I have been working at Sendik's full-time

Pros

good benefits for full time employees

Cons

They take advantage of you and will work you like a dog for awful pay. I haven't once gotten a single compliment at all since I have started working there. I'm naturally a really hard worker and try very hard to impress and please my higher ups and I have never worked at a place where compliments or positive feedback doesn't exist. I haven't even gotten constructive criticism. However if I do one thing wrong, I don't hear the end of it from my manager and it makes you feel like all the hard work you put into the job is just never enough. They are not flexible at all with scheduling for full time associates. I literally have no control over my schedule all because I want full time with benefits. I honestly hate working at Sendik's. The other associates are really cool but other than that, the job is so not worth the crap pay. There are so many other jobs out there that provide benefits that will not only pay you better, but they will also treat you better and respect you more.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees because they work their tails off for you. Also pay them better!

6. "Sendiks"

Pros

Great company to have a first job.

Cons

Pay minimum wage and they have a high turnover rate.

7. "Student Employee"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Sendik's (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sendik's was flexible with scheduling. They frequently gave raises and asked for feedback from their employees. It was a good place to work as a student.

Cons

Sendik's only gives discounts to their full time employees. There was a lot of management turnover when I worked there.

8. "Sendik's Grocery Associate"

Current Employee - Grocery Associate in West Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Grocery Associate in West Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sendik's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment and good people to work with. Most are friendly and very approachable. Good store times. Customers so far have not given me problems. Huge emphasis on customer service and taking good care of the people coming to shop.

Cons

They need to set clear goals and keep things organized. Everything is very haphazard and employee numbers are varied and random. Some departments seem over-staffed some under-staffed. Equipment all over the place and not very well kept track of. Usually scrambling to find a U-boat, step-stool, mop, etc.

Advice to Management

Try to keep associates in the loop on what needs to happen and set schedules for things to be done so everything has a rhythm instead of randomized assigning of tasks that could be scheduled (back stocking random crates instead of an organized schedule of which aisle needs to be checked when.

9. "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Sendik's (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Very easy to get along with the managers and they are flexible just so long as you do your part.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

10. "Horrible!!!"

Former Employee - Front Office- Bookkeeper in Mequon, WI
    Former Employee - Front Office- Bookkeeper in Mequon, WI

I worked at Sendik's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting some nice people

Cons

Working for managers who do not know how to treat their employees

Advice to Management

Don't talk down to your employees, treat everyone with respect because you are not the owners, an you can be fired also

11. "Customer Service representative"

I have been working at Sendik's full-time

Pros

Sendiks is a great job for college students whom are looking to make money while on a flexible schedule The company uses an app called dayforce where employees can view, create, and edit their work availability.

Cons

Low pay and rarely gets raise. I have been working their for two years and had to ask for a minimal raise despite being a college graduate and knowing the company really well. Ted Balistreri is really nice but Margaret is mean and intimidating