SeneGence Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is not a get rich quick company, but it is a company where you work hard and you can sell their great products (in 9 reviews)

• Amazing products that actually work (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • We did have several months of low stock or out of stock issues that come with a direct selling company growing faster than anticipated (in 10 reviews)

• There was a time there was no stock (in 9 reviews)

1. "Go for the Crown!"

Current Employee - Maiden in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Maiden in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at SeneGence part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I control how much I earn. Growth is only limited to how much I work my business. There is no pressure to sell more or do more.

Cons

There was a time there was no stock. That time is over.

Advice to Management

Keep changing it up and making it great!

2. "Independent Distributor"

Current Employee - Countess- Independent Distributor in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Countess- Independent Distributor in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at SeneGence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work hard, you reap the rewards!

Cons

It takes hard work, which most people aren't willing to do.

3. "Not pleased leaving company"

I have been working at SeneGence part-time

Pros

LipSense stays on the lips.

Cons

You don't make a profit unless you stock up. Every month they reset your discount back to 20%.

A distributor sold me glamdoll LipSense and when I recieved the package it was Roseberry. Company still hasn't done anything about their thieving distributers.

You ask advice about a product that smells like spoiled milk and the Crown Princess or Queen offers no help but says "I've sold millions of this product and nothing like this happens. " OK that wasn't helpful.

Things take forever to get in stock.

4. "Run Away. It’s a weird scam like deal and if it’s too good to be true, doh."

I have been working at SeneGence part-time

Pros

There is nothing positive to say.

Cons

The sales people want a big team under them so they can earn commissions for doing NOTHING. They preach women good and are so fake online praising each other and acting like the love each other but they don’t know each other well and pretend that too! It’s so pathetic as they take advantage of women who don’t know any better or are not educated enough to figure out that the people trying to get them to work under them is all so FAKE.

Advice to Management

Review.

5. "STAY AWAY - Don't Drink the Toxic Kool-Aid!"

I worked at SeneGence full-time

Pros

The benefits were standard and decent, better than other workplaces.

Cons

A small number of employees are overworked while the majority sit around and get paid to complain. Senior Management and the C-Suite have been outnumbering the non-management employees. Basically, everyone that knows somebody gets a title. It seemed like every month, there were new VP promotions or ones to Chief and Senior VPs.

Mismanagement, lack of direction, inability to understand the needs of the company, poor project scheduling, everything is rushed and there is a huge lack of quality versus quantity.

They cater to the Distributors' every whim because that is where the money is at. But it's a facade - their products dry/burn your lips and have an awful smell. Colors don't match previous product and formulas are always changing. Not to mention they donate to the Trump administration.

Every small task is outsourced to third party contractors because they can't hire quality employees or get them to stay. People up and quit for a reason - bad team environment and toxic place to work.

Never seen nepotism so rampant - every department has at least one family connection to the royal ownership or senior management. People they like will get promoted within a few months versus those who are loyal and hard-working get overlooked.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Your distributor numbers are going down. Think more long-term versus short-term profits.

"BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME"

I worked at SeneGence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that there are some great lower level (& under appreciated) employees which made working there some what bearable.

Cons

Upper Management doesn’t know what they’re doing
    No work-life balance
    No company culture
    Poor communication
    High turn over rate across all departments
    Lots of micromanaging
    No performance reviews
    No opportunities for growth

Advice to Management

I worked for Corporate for less than a year and it was the biggest waste of time. The executive team consists of older men (who definitely DO NOT wear makeup) & a CEO who’s out of touch with what’s trending in the beauty industry. With the turnover rate being so high, lack of new sign ups to sell the product, and a complete lack of understanding with how to stay relevant, SeneGence is bound to go under. My advice to anyone considering employement either by selling the product or working at corporate… don’t. I worked for Corporate for less than a year and it was the biggest waste of time I’ve spent at a job. The executive team consists of older men (who definitely DO NOT wear makeup) & a CEO who’s out of touch with what’s trending in the beauty industry. With the turnover rate being so high, lack of new sign ups to sell the product, and a complete lack of understanding with how to stay relevant, SeneGence is bound to go under. My advice to anyone considering employement either by selling the product or working at corporate… don’t.

7. "field leader, royal in waiting"

I have been working at SeneGence part-time

Pros

The product really is AMAZING. Its not hard to sell once customers are educated.

Cons

The compliance is ridiculous. You will get in trouble if you sell anything under 15%. Girls get away with it all the time and they do nothing about it.

Advice to Management

Enforce your own rules. Research who is and who is not actually doing predatory pricing before you give someone a smack on the wrists.

8. "Independent Distributor"

I have been working at SeneGence part-time

Pros

Amazing Product (Always in Stock, Low stock issues have been resolved)
    Amazing Team for Support
    Constant Perks and Rewards
    Bonuses for Team Sales
    Opportunity for Growth

Cons

It is a direct sales job. You get out of it what you are willing to put in. They are not going to reward you to sit and do nothing. Drawing in new clients can be difficult. Ordering based on sales volume is the biggest drawback. I would rather earn a higher discount for a period of time longer than just the current month.

Advice to Management

Allow 1 of each item to be purchased at wholesale for demos immediately, rather than having to sell a certain large volume every month for a few months to get only a few items.

9. "Can't win if you don't play!"

Current Employee - Countess in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Countess in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at SeneGence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing friends, free car, free trips, awesome pay, commission AND sales, amazing community of women

Cons

Self-motivated career, if you don't have the discipline or will to work when no one is breathing down your throat, this is not the job for you. You will make some spare cash but not the full potential of what you could earn

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you're amazing! Thank you for pulling us out of the out-of-stockalipse so quickly!

10. "Amazing Company & Support!"

Current Employee - Sales Distributor/Make-up Artist in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Distributor/Make-up Artist in Madison, WI

I have been working at SeneGence part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly love our products and all that we can offer to our customers. Training and support from our Upline compares to no other MLM company! Jumped in with both feet and feeling confident I made the right decision!

Cons

Honestly, the only one I can think of is staying self-motivated. BUT, their are so many people in your camp that you just need to reach out for help!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!