SeneGence Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is not a get rich quick company, but it is a company where you work hard and you can sell their great products (in 9 reviews)

• AMAZING products - they actually work as advertised (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There literally is no stock on a daily basis (in 8 reviews)

• My advice: do not sign up with SeneGence until they resolve their out of stock issues (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great product - decent comp plan for an MLM"

Current Employee - Maiden
    Current Employee - Maiden

I have been working at SeneGence part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product to sell. A fair amount of room for implementing your own business plans. Compensation is better than other plans I've seen/heard about. Love their beauty resource book and back office information.

Cons

The logo is outdated for such an innovative product, packaging could be better on the direct ships, the website that my Clients order from is dated and not user friendly.

Advice to Management

More product trainings. There are a lot of business training/recruiting options, but several on my team and myself as well would love to see more product training from corporate.

2. "Great Investment"

Current Employee - Distributor
    Current Employee - Distributor

I have been working at SeneGence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING products. Lots of fun. They have over 90% of product in stock now. Growing.

Cons

I wish they had samples

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Not worth it. RUN from this company."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SeneGence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LipSense & ShadowSense are awesome! Skincare is ok. I have met some great girls in the process. We feel bad for each other and can commiserate while trying to get off this sinking ship we were suckered into joining.

Cons

Terrible comp plan & structure. Anyone so says otherwise is either drinking the juice or horrible at math! The bullet points they use to get people signed up are not truthful. I.E. You can't decide it's not for you and sell back all your inventory for 10% restock fee! Only the products from your previous order..which means for all of us during the OOS situation that were forced to place multiple orders a month, sometimes within one day we are all SOL! The OOS situation really hurt reps, especially those of us that just signed up. We were encouraged to front load and get as many colors as we could, and that we'd be able to trade for what we needed. Not true! And now that most colors are back in stock we're told to stop trading, invest MORE into our "business" by ordering what we need instead vs trading what stock we have collecting dust? Totally ridiculous. The only person that benefits is the company and the uplines pockets! I'm disgusted by this so called sisterhood. They also try to preach this is the best and most generous Comp plan around- these people can't be that naive, right? The Comp plan is 20-50% discount depending on the high monthly minimums you spend.. you know what that means? It takes a hell of a lot to get 50% off!!!!! And you have to do that every month over and over again. (No wonder there are heaps of stock on the internet from broke reps selling for dirt cheap). Do they not realize Mary Kay gives 50% off, all the time!!! And for a super low 3 month minimum (like $200pv over 3 months vs Senegence $750 PER MONTH!) You Sheep!!! I feel terrible ever telling people they could sign up for their personal discount. Unless you're purchasing major bulk, by the time you add up shipping and tax on resale, it totally negates the discount. Seriously, if I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought discounted off other poor broke reps just trying to sell their stock to break even vs becoming one of them. It's sad. Oh and that's right, let's talk about how the company is stuck in the 80s! From the stale packaging, website, marketing to the terrible business practices - I'm talking not allowing reps to create an online cart or ordering system. Forcing them to only be able to be their own shipping, billing, and sales dept. all for peanuts! You can't make anything with this business model just selling on your own. Only people making ANY profit are off the backs of their large team under them that are going into debt. This is the biggest pyramid scheme ever. They prey on SAHM's saying it will give you more freedom and time with family- only thing this has done is take more time away from my family. If the ordering process was automated for our customers, didn't cost us/penalize us as reps to do CDO, do you realize how much better this would be? How much more TRUE market share you'd get vs just the fake market share you spew about the companies high sales. Listen, loads of inventory sales to reps that collect dust in a garage, although still line the company's pockets the same, do not equal market share!!!!! Smh such a joke. I only wish I would've read a review like mine BEFORE signing up and losing so much time=money!
    FYI** I have my masters degree, am a professional sales rep by trade, and sold over 5K in my first month ON MY OWN (no "team" under me) all just Lipsense sales, and I am telling you that I'll be lucky in the end to break even! This is not just the ramblings of a one off, disgruntled employee, that just isn't cut out for sales. I know what's up..and it ain't your bank accounts at this company.

1% of all MLM reps actually make a profit. That's a fact. It's not that these people don't have the drive or skill, it's that its a rigged game!

Advice to Management

You actually do have a great product. Why can't you truly capitalize on it and create a modernized system & Comp plan that's fair for your reps? To the CPs and sales "leaders"...you could do such great things if you instead helped your reps to strategize, were transparent, didn't force feed the company koolaide, focus so hard on recruitment (Pyramid!!) and actually work with reps on their comp plans vs preaching to not trade, front load, sell what you have (smh). I lost all respect for you when you took down the ISO threads and said we need to instead invest more into our business...you really meant into your pockets. Shame on you.

"Management brought the company through a rough time"

Current Employee - Independent Distributor
    Current Employee - Independent Distributor

I have been working at SeneGence part-time

Pros

Love their products. I almost never wore makeup, even as a teen, nor kept up with skincare. I first fell in love with LipSense and then discovered how good their skincare line is and have been using it ever since. I love that the founder brought in even more great management and handled the extreme increase and we now have almost everything back in stock and able to stay there. This is not a get rich quick company, but it is a company where you work hard and you can sell their great products. You get what you put into it.

Cons

We did have an out of stock problem when the company suddenly grew faster than anyone could have imagined. It was also happening to other companies at the time, so I get it, but it was hard for those of us who joined just as it was getting bad.

Advice to Management

Keep on making things keep growing and getting better. I am so glad to know that Fast start is coming back including for those who were unable to get it during the down time.

"Distributor"

I have been working at SeneGence part-time

Pros

Set your own hours, work from home, independence

Cons

I can't think of any! We had an out of stock issue for a while but the company has been working diligently at fixing it.

Advice to Management

I love being a distributor for Senegence. I'm not full time but I am apart of a healthy, growing team. I signed up in May during the out of stock crisis and was so nervous. Now we have almost all of our colors back in stock. The company is exploding right now. I'm so glad I joined at this time. I have a wonderful upline & 3 lovely downlines. My Senesisters are some of the sweetest people I've ever met! Sales are going wonderfully for me and I'm also thankful to be getting a commission check. Love our company. Love our products.

"Incredible Opportunity with Unlimited Potential"

I have been working at SeneGence (More than a year)

Pros

It is what you make of it, flexible, well paid, great values

Cons

Again, it is what you make of it, if you're not willing to put forth the time and energy it's not going to work. This isn't an "easy" job, don't expect to sit back and let Facebook do the work for you. But I promise it's worth it.

"distributor"

I have been working at SeneGence part-time

Pros

Such an amazing company to work for!make your own hours, make awesome friends and still have lots of rime for your family . There is no more out of stock issue either!Come join these amazing girl changing their life for the better!

Cons

none that i can see!!!

Advice to Management

keep doing your awesome work!!!

"Borders a Pyramid Scheme"

Current Employee - Distributor in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Distributor in Durham, NC

I have been working at SeneGence part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The products really are great, and work as described. I am going to find it very hard to ever wear anything else again!

Cons

There are a lot of shadow areas when joining, but like many, I did so because someone else I already knew and trusted from a previous business venture, talked me into drinking the kool-aid. The product does sell itself once it is put out there, but in order to really make the big bucks, you have to have a downline, which eventually will make you the scuzzball badgering friends and family into dropping hundreds of dollars in a hurry on a product line they may little to nothing about.

I joined in March in 2017, right as they were having the horrid out-of-stock issue. I honestly wish my mentor would have told me about this BEFORE joining, or else I probably would have waited. It was impossible to order anything for months, and due to the inability to deliver, it turned my brand new customers off while I was still building a reputation that I needed them to trust. We were also told that it was the "Bread and Butter" of opportunity seasons, being that April completes some sort of yearly cycle where, if you spend 750PV you can become what they call a SeneSeller, a distributor supposedly with a lot of perks; "Free products" and shipping on future orders. Well those "free products" turned out to be only three 2-ounce tubes of perfume.... That we received 4-5 months later. No lipsticks, liners, shadows, or anything. No goodies worth getting excited over or pestered to spend $750 for. Just mosquito juice in the middle of summer that resembled the smell of a funeral home. My up-line talked us up as though we were about to have lipstick products-galore delivered right to our doorsteps for free. I had just paid off my credit card bill at the time, not even a couple of weeks before I became a suckers for this company. Now nearly 7 months later, I'm working to get it back down under $1,000 all over again. Admittedly, I am embarrassed that I actually fell for this! Had a stranger tried to get me to join, I know I would have ran far away. But, it was someone that I knew, who already had a good business sense in other areas....

Eventually, the company resolved their out of stock crisis, but I am so turned off by all the hype and promises that never delivered , that I am wishing I would have read a review like mine before joining. They advertise that you don't have to put any money down, or that you can join just for personal discounts, but the truth is, you have to spend hundreds of dollars before getting 50% off. There is no such thing as buying only 1 or 2 things at at time. The product lives up to it's description, but don't join unless you already have disposable income, as this is not a quick fix to financial issues. It will only add more of them. It is true you can grow your own "business", but it takes time, and if "The Sisterhood" were being honest, a little scheming is involved too.

If you are curious to try the products, definitely do. They work marvelously! But if you don't know an active distributor, rather than becoming one yourself, you're better off buying them on ebay as needed instead.

My advice: Unless this changes, run far away.

Advice to Management

Make the products available to distributors at an even 50% at all times. You will keep more of your people, and move more items.

Or, better yet, team up with a group who can help you get these into stores for less so that they are available to everyone at all times. The products really work, but the system is turning people off. The SeneGence line has been around for decades, yet people are just now getting wind about them. There is a reason for that. Your system isn't efficient.

9. "Independent Distributor"

Current Employee - SeneGence Independent Distributor in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - SeneGence Independent Distributor in Albany, NY

I have been working at SeneGence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing products that actually do what they are described to do, generous benefits for distributors (Senecar-I have one of these, qualified after only 4 months with the company) , trips, constant training from corporate), Recognition for efforts put forth, immediate support when I call with questions.

Cons

Growth is still exponential and some products are unavailable to order.

Advice to Management

Doing great considering the 2000% growth from the year prior! Keep it up!

10. "Just stay away, it's another pyramid with no vision and no quality products."

Former Employee - Distributor
    Former Employee - Distributor

Pros

LipSense is a long-lasting product. Many shades to choose from. Nothing else.

Cons

Where do I begin? Must frontload and invest a lot of $$$ every month to qualify for 50%. Mary Kay is better. Their website looks ridiculously outdated. OOS problem has killed my business because clients lose interest if they dont get stuff after a week or two. LipSense formula contains alcohol and other bad ingredients that sting and dry lips. My lips have aged visibly since I started using LipSense so I had to stop and apply lip treatments from other companies to fix the damage. I cant even use it on my lips for Demos anymore because it stings so badly. Packaging looks and feels cheap, people go to Target to find better quality at lower prices. Nuskin just came out with a long lasting lip color that has no alcohol and is non-drying called Power Lips. I will start using that and get my business back up. Senegence skincare products look and feel cheap, dont work and are way overpriced. Even Ulta has lower prices with much higher quality. Senegence is a losing game, folks.

Advice to Management

Get it together.