- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - San Leandro, CA
- - Concord, CA
- - Oakland, CA
- - Alameda, CA
- - El Sobrante, CA
- - Fremont, CA
- - Hayward, CA
- - Berkeley, CA
- - Fairfield, CA
- - San Ramon, CA
- - Walnut Creek, CA
- - Martinez, CA
- - Richmond, CA
- - San Rafael, CA
- - Napa, CA Area
- - Santa Rosa, CA
- - Petaluma, CA
- - Sonoma, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Tustin, CA
- - Ventura, CA
- - Anaheim, CA
- - Costa Mesa, CA
- - Santa Ana, CA
- - Orange, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Lake Forest, CA
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - San Jose, CA
- - Santa Clara, CA
- - Riverside, CA Area
- - Corona, CA
- - Palm Springs, CA
- - Riverside, CA
- - Salinas, CA Area
- - Salinas, CA
- - San Luis Obispo, CA Area
- - Atascadero, CA
- - San Luis Obispo, CA
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Seattle, WA
- - Tacoma, WA
- - Tukwila, WA
- - Pennsylvania
- - Philadelphia, PA Area
- - Philadelphia, PA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
- Brazil - All Cities
- - São Paulo
- - Sao Paulo, Brazil Area
- - São Paulo, São Paulo
- Costa Rica - All Cities
- - San Jose
- - San Jose, Costa Rica Area
- - San Jose, San Jose
Found 435 of over 449 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great team, great trainings, surrounded by people who really care and are advocating for children who, often times, have no one in their corner." (in 31 reviews)
- "the staff is amazing!!" (in 28 reviews)
- "good benefits" (in 28 reviews)
- "Great People" (in 25 reviews)
- "Loved working with the children and families and my coworkers were great." (in 18 reviews)
- "Pay is low and difficult to move up to a higher position without your masters degree." (in 43 reviews)
- "Most of their management is awful and racist." (in 10 reviews)
- "Leadership is cliquey and often inauthentic in favor of bottom lines." (in 9 reviews)
- "Finding a work/life balance working with vulnerable families and adhering to high standards can be difficult." (in 8 reviews)
- "There is not much room to grow in the educational field and the salaries are not comparable to public/charter schools." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Seneca Family of Agencies and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 17, 2022 - Mental Health Counselor in Hayward, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They treat their employees like people and respect your personal lives. Great PTO
Documentation that comes with this role can feel like a lot at times
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 10, 2022 - Wraparound Support Counselor in Oakland, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Some of the advantages of working for this agency are their trainings and professional development.
The pay is severely low if you are an hourly employee or do not have a masters degree and license. Management makes it very clear that you are not to ask for any pay increases and that they are not interested changing this pay structure. When you are an hourly employee in the field or in an in person services program, you end up being asked (or just told a lot of the time) to do extensive amounts of work that are well beyond your pay grade and training with no additional compensation. There is an advertised “open door policy” for managers and supervisors however it really depends on the supervisor. The majority of the supervisors do not seem to really care about the needs of barriers faced by employees and are very invested in maintaining the status quo even if it is inequitable. There are a few good supervisors who are really solid scattered throughout the agency, I have only met one supervisor in my time there who was honest, caring, and equitable but I assume there are more. I worked under several different programs in different areas.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are committed to and constantly working with our partners to ensure we have contracts that support raising staff pay and increasing our overall benefits package. Our supervisors are strongly encouraged to prioritize employee quality of life and allow room for growth and feedback. We are sorry that your experience at Seneca was not what you were looking for and that you felt unsupported by your supervisors. We appreciate your input and are always interested in hearing about the ways in which we can improve as an organization.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 30, 2022 - Health Information SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Seneca is a fantastic experience for an admin person, especially to someone new or growing in the field. The managers are very supportive and the environment is collaborative - you're able to bring your best skills to the table and if they can be used, they'll be used. I felt like it was a very healthy work environment in terms of work/life balance, and the EAP provided with the benefits is one of the best I've come across (10+ free counseling sessions per incident.)
There aren't many paths of growth for an HIS, and the responsibility difference between HIS and Management is massive.Continue reading
Thank you so much for all your incredible work at Seneca. As well as your input regarding employee advancement, we do our best to incorporate all employee feedback and will absolutely take this into consideration!
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 22, 2022 - Classroom TherapistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
In 5 years with Seneca, I have worked with many many staff, all of which were amazing people. Everyone is very dedicated to the work and genuinely cares for these kids and families.
The work is hard emotionally and mentally. Lots of paperwork and documentation. Pay is not enough to sustain how hard it is but it is a nonprofit so it’s understandable to an extent.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We understand that paperwork and documentation can be quite taxing. We are committed to and constantly working with our partners to ensure we have contracts that support raising staff pay and increasing our overall benefits package. We currently provide a variety of benefits such as a 5-Week PTO plan that although are staff flexibility and time to care for their own needs and wellness. We appreciate your input and are always interested in hearing about the ways in which we can improve as an organization.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 10, 2022 - Bilingual Youth Counselor in Riverside, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great team cooperation and hiring practices
Start up structure of program needs time
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Seneca. We take all employee feedback into consideration,
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 6, 2022 - Family Partner in Concord, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great environment!!! Free schedule and great leadership!!
Driving some times to get meeting in the park !!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Seneca. We are glad that you have enjoyed working with the youth and families we support.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 13, 2022 - Kaiser wraparound clinicianRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits however unclear guidance on how to work with complex cases with high risk
Clients in this program have extremely high risk there is not clear guidance from supervision on how to help these clients and a culture of burn out
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you felt that the benefits were sufficient. We apologize that you felt that the supervisors that you encountered did not give the support and that you deserved.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 7, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Supportive, nurturing of employees, listens and is trying to do right by longstanding employees.
Paperwork is taxing and the hardest part of the job.
Thank you so much for your feedback and for all the work you do at Seneca! We’re happy that you enjoyed working with the youth and families we support. We recognize that Medi-Cal documentation can be burdensome and we’re committed to addressing this as we implement changes through CalAIM.
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Aug 6, 2022 - Executive ChefRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Staff is amazing Founder is AMAZING Mission statement - unconditional care is amazing Vision and growth of the company is amazing 5% pay increase every year Great benefits Hard work pays off and is noticed and appreciated
Sometimes violent clients Work shifts can be unpredictable depending upon what is going on with clients Work/Life balance can be hardContinue reading
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Seneca. We always welcome any feedback. Seneca’s executive office has released that all qualified employees who are on the 4-week PTO (Paid Time Off) will be moved to the 5-week PTO this year as well as some additional agency changes. This enhanced benefit will help current employees have more time for a better work/life balance to do the things they are passionate about.
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 14, 2022 - TherapistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Some good training options offered
Too political and unprofessional supervisors
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We aim to foster a supportive and professional environment, and are sorry that your experience with supervisors was unsatisfactory. We appreciate your input as we are always interested in hearing about the ways in which we can improve as an organization and take such feedback seriously.
Seneca Family of Agencies Reviews FAQs
Seneca Family of Agencies has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 449 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Seneca Family of Agencies to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
86% of Seneca Family of Agencies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Seneca Family of Agencies 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.