Cover image for Seneca Family of Agencies

4.1
Seneca Family of Agencies President Leticia Galyean
Leticia Galyean

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great team, great trainings, surrounded by people who really care and are advocating for children who, often times, have no one in their corner.(in 31 reviews)
  • "the staff is amazing!!(in 28 reviews)
  • "good benefits(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great People(in 25 reviews)
  • "Loved working with the children and families and my coworkers were great.(in 18 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Seneca Family of Agencies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

awesome company

Nov 17, 2022 - Mental Health Counselor in Hayward, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They treat their employees like people and respect your personal lives. Great PTO

Cons

Documentation that comes with this role can feel like a lot at times

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

If you really need the experience, it’s worth it.

Oct 10, 2022 - Wraparound Support Counselor in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the advantages of working for this agency are their trainings and professional development.

Cons

The pay is severely low if you are an hourly employee or do not have a masters degree and license. Management makes it very clear that you are not to ask for any pay increases and that they are not interested changing this pay structure. When you are an hourly employee in the field or in an in person services program, you end up being asked (or just told a lot of the time) to do extensive amounts of work that are well beyond your pay grade and training with no additional compensation. There is an advertised “open door policy” for managers and supervisors however it really depends on the supervisor. The majority of the supervisors do not seem to really care about the needs of barriers faced by employees and are very invested in maintaining the status quo even if it is inequitable. There are a few good supervisors who are really solid scattered throughout the agency, I have only met one supervisor in my time there who was honest, caring, and equitable but I assume there are more. I worked under several different programs in different areas.

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are committed to and constantly working with our partners to ensure we have contracts that support raising staff pay and increasing our overall benefits package. Our supervisors are strongly encouraged to prioritize employee quality of life and allow room for growth and feedback. We are sorry that your experience at Seneca was not what you were looking for and that you felt unsupported by your supervisors. We appreciate your input and are always interested in hearing about the ways in which we can improve as an organization.

3. Join the Seneca Family of Agencies team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience

Aug 30, 2022 - Health Information Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seneca is a fantastic experience for an admin person, especially to someone new or growing in the field. The managers are very supportive and the environment is collaborative - you're able to bring your best skills to the table and if they can be used, they'll be used. I felt like it was a very healthy work environment in terms of work/life balance, and the EAP provided with the benefits is one of the best I've come across (10+ free counseling sessions per incident.)

Cons

There aren't many paths of growth for an HIS, and the responsibility difference between HIS and Management is massive.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you so much for all your incredible work at Seneca. As well as your input regarding employee advancement, we do our best to incorporate all employee feedback and will absolutely take this into consideration!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people, hard work

Oct 22, 2022 - Classroom Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

In 5 years with Seneca, I have worked with many many staff, all of which were amazing people. Everyone is very dedicated to the work and genuinely cares for these kids and families.

Cons

The work is hard emotionally and mentally. Lots of paperwork and documentation. Pay is not enough to sustain how hard it is but it is a nonprofit so it’s understandable to an extent.

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We understand that paperwork and documentation can be quite taxing. We are committed to and constantly working with our partners to ensure we have contracts that support raising staff pay and increasing our overall benefits package. We currently provide a variety of benefits such as a 5-Week PTO plan that although are staff flexibility and time to care for their own needs and wellness. We appreciate your input and are always interested in hearing about the ways in which we can improve as an organization.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Youth counselor

Nov 10, 2022 - Bilingual Youth Counselor in Riverside, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team cooperation and hiring practices

Cons

Start up structure of program needs time

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Seneca. We take all employee feedback into consideration,

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Environment and culture !!

Oct 6, 2022 - Family Partner in Concord, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment!!! Free schedule and great leadership!!

Cons

Driving some times to get meeting in the park !!

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Seneca. We are glad that you have enjoyed working with the youth and families we support.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good benefits however unclear guidance on how to work with complex cases with high risk

Oct 13, 2022 - Kaiser wraparound clinician

Pros

Cons

Clients in this program have extremely high risk there is not clear guidance from supervision on how to help these clients and a culture of burn out

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you felt that the benefits were sufficient. We apologize that you felt that the supervisors that you encountered did not give the support and that you deserved.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Place to Work!

Sep 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, nurturing of employees, listens and is trying to do right by longstanding employees.

Cons

Paperwork is taxing and the hardest part of the job.

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you so much for your feedback and for all the work you do at Seneca! We’re happy that you enjoyed working with the youth and families we support. We recognize that Medi-Cal documentation can be burdensome and we’re committed to addressing this as we implement changes through CalAIM.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Hard Work Pays Off here in such a rewarding way!

Aug 6, 2022 - Executive Chef
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff is amazing Founder is AMAZING Mission statement - unconditional care is amazing Vision and growth of the company is amazing 5% pay increase every year Great benefits Hard work pays off and is noticed and appreciated

Cons

Sometimes violent clients Work shifts can be unpredictable depending upon what is going on with clients Work/Life balance can be hard

Continue reading

Digital Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Seneca. We always welcome any feedback. Seneca’s executive office has released that all qualified employees who are on the 4-week PTO (Paid Time Off) will be moved to the 5-week PTO this year as well as some additional agency changes. This enhanced benefit will help current employees have more time for a better work/life balance to do the things they are passionate about.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Caution

Oct 14, 2022 - Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good training options offered

Cons

Too political and unprofessional supervisors

Seneca Family of Agencies

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We aim to foster a supportive and professional environment, and are sorry that your experience with supervisors was unsatisfactory. We appreciate your input as we are always interested in hearing about the ways in which we can improve as an organization and take such feedback seriously.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 435 Reviews
</>Embed

Seneca Family of Agencies Reviews FAQs

Seneca Family of Agencies has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 449 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Seneca Family of Agencies to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Seneca Family of Agencies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Seneca Family of Agencies. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

86% of Seneca Family of Agencies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Seneca Family of Agencies 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Seneca Family of Agencies to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation.

Popular Careers with Seneca Family of Agencies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Seneca Family of Agencies? Share Your Experiences

Reviews by Job Title

Seneca Family of Agencies Photos

+ Add Photo
Seneca Family of Agencies photo of: Seneca was named a Top Workplace in the Bay Area for the 5th consecutive year!
Seneca Family of Agencies photo of: Seneca Southern California
Seneca Family of Agencies photo of: Meet Michael Walkley, a member of Seneca’s IT Department and our most recent Seneca Spotlight.
Seneca Family of Agencies photo of: Today, we are thrilled to share that five of our experienced Classroom Counselors have been promoted to Teacher Associate and Clinical Counseling Associate positions.
Seneca Family of Agencies photo of: Lulu is the Bilingual Program Assistant for our All-in! programs, and has been with Seneca for 3 years.
Seneca Family of Agencies photo of: Congrats to our latest group of Senecans for completing orientation. Among this group we have a Health Information Specialist, Family Support Counselor, and two Mental Health Therapists.
Seneca Family of Agencies photo of: Crissy is the Program Director of Maya Angelou Academy &amp; Building Blocks Preschool.

Affiliated Companies

Kaiser Permanente

4.0

13,012 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 449 Seneca Family of Agencies reviews submitted anonymously by Seneca Family of Agencies employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Seneca Family of Agencies is right for you.