Found 462 of over 479 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The general, basic training served as a good reminder for my motivations of working in the field." (in 32 reviews)
- "good benefits" (in 29 reviews)
- "the staff is amazing!!" (in 28 reviews)
- "Everyone is so friendly and collaborative, and it is nice to be around so many people with similar visions and goals." (in 26 reviews)
- "Loved working with the children and families and my coworkers were great." (in 20 reviews)
- "Pay is low and difficult to move up to a higher position without your masters degree." (in 48 reviews)
- "Management was consistently unprofessional." (in 11 reviews)
- "low salaries and very high work load" (in 9 reviews)
- "Leadership is cliquey and often inauthentic in favor of bottom lines." (in 9 reviews)
- "Finding a work/life balance working with vulnerable families and adhering to high standards can be difficult." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Seneca Family of Agencies and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023Clinical Intervention SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Ana, CA
You create your own schedule. Work as a team.
A lot of driving throughout Orange CountySeneca Family of Agencies Response3w
Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear about your experience as a Clinical Interventional Specialist at Seneca Family of Agencies. Your feedback means a lot to us, and we're committed to maintaining a supportive and enriching work environment. We appreciate your contributions to our team!
- 3.0Nov 2, 2023Care CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOakland, CA
Excellent coworkers and agency mission, annual clinical stipend, 5 weeks PTO
poor retention efforts and work-life balance; disregard for employee safety in the community,
- 3.0Sep 6, 2023Mental Health CounselorFormer EmployeeBerkeley, CA
- Working with the students was the best thing in the world, I'd do it if I was paid more - Great coworker with similar visions
- Working in school based team was difficult because it felt like I was constantly advocating for our program while trying to counsel our students at the same time - Fast burn out when I'm living pay check to pay check - Expected to work more than job descriptionSeneca Family of Agencies Response3mo
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear you found working with students and your coworkers to be amazing. At Seneca, we believe a supportive and cohesive team is crucial for a positive work environment. We take all feedback seriously and are committed to creating a positive and fulfilling work experience for all our employees.
- 5.0Oct 1, 2023Special Education TeacherCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Leandro, CA
good team work and supportive system
hard working with kids who has issueSeneca Family of Agencies Response3w
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide feedback! We understand that Special Ed is often challenging but rewarding. We're here to support you and ensure you have the resources and assistance you need, so please know you can always reach out to your supervisor to discuss the best strategies to address any specific concerns or provide suggestions. Your input is valuable in helping us provide the best possible environment for both our staff and the children we serve.
- 1.0Oct 3, 2023Intake Social WorkerFormer EmployeeRiverside, CA
Great kids that make you want to come to work!
Everything absolutely every single thing!Seneca Family of Agencies Response3w
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience working with Seneca Family of Agencies. I appreciate your candidness and feedback, as it helps us to identify areas where we can improve and better serve our staff and the community. I am disheartened to learn that your experience with us fell short of the welcoming and respectful atmosphere we aim to foster for our staff, and the youth and families we work with. Your experiences are in direct contrast to the values of equity and justice at the core of our mission. We take allegations of discrimination seriously and are committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity and respect for all individuals. We will be actively investigating the concerns you've raised and are committed to rectifying any issues that compromise the values we stand for. In order to address these issues effectively, I would appreciate the opportunity to engage in a more detailed conversation with you to understand better the specific incidents you encountered and any recommendations you may have for improvement. Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. If you would like to talk more about your concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Lori Slominski, Director of Human Resources email@example.com
- 3.0Aug 30, 2023ClinicianFormer EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Great colleagues, mileage reimbursement, training stipend, supervisors were wonderful in my program.
Travel to clients (as far as Sacramento from Bay Area), not enough time for documentation, intense work for low pay,on-call 1x/month.Seneca Family of Agencies Response3mo
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience at Seneca Family of Agencies. We take concerns seriously and value the opportunity to address them. Workload and compensation play a crucial role in employee satisfaction – as an organization, we constantly strive to assess and adjust our staffing levels and regularly review our compensation structure to ensure our teams have the resources they need to provide services. We’re sorry to hear that the work was too intense and expectations too high for the paygrade. Your feedback serves as valuable input in our ongoing efforts to improve systems and create the workplace enjoyable for everyone. Thank you for highlighting areas where we can continue to improve, and we appreciate your willingness to share your perspective.
- 5.0Sep 2, 2023Health Information SpecialistCurrent Employee
Great benefits Solid team dynamics Positive learning environment Clear feedback and instruction from leadership Skill and academic development
I don't have any cons.Seneca Family of Agencies Response3mo
Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you're having such a positive experience as a Health Information Specialist at Seneca Family of Agencies. Your feedback means a lot to us, and we're committed to maintaining a supportive and enriching work environment. We appreciate your contributions to our team!
- 3.0Apr 25, 2023Mental Health CounselorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOakland, CA
Friendly co-workers Training and Education
Short Staffed Safety Diversity & Inclusion Not enough PTO for those in direct careSeneca Family of Agencies Response7mo
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns about your experience at Seneca. I appreciate your honesty and openness, and please know that we take all feedback very seriously. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our job description and interview process did not meet your expectations. We strive to be transparent and upfront about the job requirements, including any safety and health concerns and will take a close look at our recruitment processes to make sure that we are providing accurate and comprehensive information to all candidates. I want to assure you that we are committed to creating a safe, inclusive, and supportive work environment. In terms of PTO and sick pay, we continuously review our policies to ensure that they are fair and equitable for all employees. We understand that those in direct care often face unique challenges and work to provide the necessary support and resources to ensure their well-being. Finally, I want to address your concerns about my own leadership and communication. I deeply value transparency and accountability and will explore communications ways and channels to ensure that I can provide Seneca staff with the information they need. Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me. Leticia Galyean Cell: 510.760.6858
- 4.0Aug 8, 2023Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsOakland, CA
Good work for the community, supportive management
Few people of color in management positions Low pay makes it hard to continue at this company long-termSeneca Family of Agencies Response4mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are committed to and constantly working with our partners to ensure we have contracts that support raising staff pay and increasing our overall benefits package. We currently provide a variety of benefits such as a 5-Week PTO plan that allow our staff flexibility and time to care for their own needs and wellness.
Seneca Family of Agencies Reviews FAQs
Seneca Family of Agencies has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 479 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Seneca Family of Agencies to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
86% of Seneca Family of Agencies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Seneca Family of Agencies 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.