Seneca One Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 3, 2018

3.3
Brian Javadpour

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very high earning potential, 100K" (in 9 reviews)

• "Lots of perks like free parking and two meals a week" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "In sales position you have to be able to travel at the last minute a times" (in 2 reviews)

• "The lump sum for your structured settlement of lottery winnings has practices that border on unethical" (in 3 reviews)

"Great place"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my time with Seneca and if it were possible I would still be with them. Great company that promotes from within.

Cons

No cons at this time.

"Funding Executive"

I worked at Seneca One Finance full-time

Pros

Good money, business model, sales

Cons

Terrible management and owner. I heard they didn't pay a bunch of people commission when they left and are suing the company now

"Apparently intimidation can get you a half decent rating on Glassdoor."

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free bagels once a week.

Cons

Well, let's start with the fact that these guys take AT LEAST 3% commission off the top of every deal. You wouldn't know it unless you've worked at a competitor and are familiar with ACTUAL deal funding rates, then you'd see things fund closer to 5, not 8.

Besides the fact that everyone is under paid, never given a raise, only men get promoted, and you literally could be fired at any point in time, in one of their mass executions, you also have to deal with the firecracker CEO.

Now, by firecracker, I don't mean he's exciting and everyone loves him. Literally the opposite. He's unpredictable, explosive, and dangerous. All SOF employees know how he is - let's say he's always awake, paranoid, and rambling. Travels to Mexico a lot. Has a lot of money, but the company is STRUGGLING. I mean he can be downright intimidating while you work there.. but then you realize he's just got a big mouth, and a failing company. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As if all that weren't enticing enough, SOF enjoys litigation! They get sued all over the place by clients who they scammed money off of, like a lottery winner in CA that had dementia when they "helped" him sign all his payments away. And they love to sue back! Anyone who works there can't work in the industry, for 2 years, in the entire USA after they leave or get fired because of their very broad non-competes that you are required to sign, OR you get sued for millions! Not sure why though, because apparently it's fairly easy to take their database considering the amount of people they've sued for "stealing" it.

So the moral of this story is: Make your employees scared of you and then make them leave reviews on Glassdoor so that no one can see how messed up your company really is!

Advice to Management

LOL - just do what you feel, there isn't enough advice in the world to help y'all.

"College Grads Stay Away- They are Financially in a Bind"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Seneca One Finance (More than a year)

Pros

Free Parking and free Donuts and Bagels. AkA there are no PRO's

Cons

The management and the top are the cons. Don't know how to run a company and are in a financial strain. Actual 0 out of 5.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. Stop wasting peoples time.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Client Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Client Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work and learn about the financial field. Able to help clients to obtain their goals and help them out when they are in financial stress. You will make life long friends here at Seneca One. They treat their employees like one big family. They will take care of you here.

Cons

Sometime you will have to work long hours but the end result will be very rewarding. In sales position you have to be able to travel at the last minute a times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great trainings and do no forget about the basics.

May 14, 2018 – COO

Focusing on customers and employees is what we are all about at Seneca One. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy working here and that you relish taking care of our customers.

Improving our... More

6. "Great Company with Great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best things about working at Seneca One is the people. I work with a great group that are always willing to help out, lend a hand when needed, and make the workday fun. I have also had a lot of growth experience working at Seneca One. Over the years I have worked here I have had the opportunity to advance my career with several different roles, reporting to several different people learning something new at each step along the way.

Cons

The industry is constantly changing so in turn the company does as well. This often leads to changing directions, priories and sometimes responsibilities. Although this keeps the job interesting it can be a bit to manage if you are not adaptable to change.

Advice to Management

There has been a lot of work in the past year or so in regards to transparency and consistency within the company. I believe this is making difference and ask that you continue on that path.

May 14, 2018 – COO

In my mind transparency and openness goes hand in hand with employee development and you have the commitment of the Executive Team to continue to be open and honest.
    Another one of our goals is to... More

"Our People Make the Difference"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Management in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Management in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people! I have worked at Seneca One for over 10 years and one of the biggest reasons I continue to come back is because of the team that I am able to be surrounded with. This isn't just specific to our sales group, but all departments across the company. In the majority of our departments here at Seneca One we have employees with well over 5 years of industry experience. Sales doesn't matter if we don't have support to carry them out and it comes from all areas in our company (Admin, Research, Processing, Marketing, Accounting, Legal) Talented people in these departments are the support group sales needs in order to produce at a high level consistently. You don't become an industry leader for over 15 years if you don't have a solid foundation of great people put in place.

Cons

Change. You have to be quick on your feet and ready to adjust with the times. We work in a very niche industry that is always changing. Adapt to the changes or be left behind.

Advice to Management

Communication makes the world go round.

Jan 4, 2018 – COO

Thank you for the feedback. As you stated, having the right people and culture is the foundation to be an excellent company. At Seneca One we are working hard to create and maintain a culture where... More

"It's not work if you love it and are having a blast!"

Current Employee - Senior Annuity Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Annuity Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, fast paced but laid back atmosphere. Very high earning potential, 100K+++!

Cons

Free lunch only once a month

Advice to Management

More company sponsored happy hours.

Dec 22, 2017 – COO

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you feel Seneca One is a fast paced but fun place to work. We are trying hard to create an atmosphere of work hard/play hard. Also we want all... More

"Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the years, Seneca has presented me with countless opportunities to learn and build my career. I actually enjoy coming to work because of the great culture and folks I work with.

Cons

I enjoy wearing many hats and working in a fast paced environment but I realize this may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the current momentum of implementing great ideas that come from all levels of the organization.

Dec 22, 2017 – COO

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Over the last two years we have placed an emphasis around creating a learning company. One where employees can grow their skills as well... More

"Solid inside sales job!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great earning potential, fun team to be around!

Cons

If you are not self motivated you will fail.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing growth don't become complacent.

Dec 22, 2017 – COO

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. At Seneca One we truly value our sales team! We understand that it takes hard work, dedication to the customer experience and self-motivation to... More