Seneca One Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian Javadpour

1. "Takes money to make money"

Former Employee - Annuity Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Annuity Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and good times.

Cons

Too many chiefs making too much money

Advice to Management

More spiffs

2. "The Promise Land"

Current Employee - Annuity Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the 6 months that I've been here, I have already exceeded my yearly gross income from my previous job!!! The earning potential at Seneca One is amazing, but that's not the half of it. The environment is amazingly relaxed for a high paced sales position. I have never had a job where the end of the shift actually sneaks up on you. Management is extremely fair and supportive.

Cons

Just like any sales position, you have to have the stomach for it. There will be days where you may make 100 calls, receive 8, and have nothing to show for it. Managements knows this is common, but you have to be able to handle it mentally

Advice to Management

Management does a wonderful job creating incentive and handing out random bonuses. I think more competition should be created because true sales professionals like "bragging rights" almost as much as cash.

3. "Okay place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great people at this company who truly have people's best interest at heart.

Cons

They treat their employee's as if they are expendable and don't really care about them.

"SVP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance (More than 5 years)

Pros

money, restaurants and bars in Bethesda

Cons

culture, complete lack of stability

"After a couple months"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Casual dress. Doughnuts and bagels on Fridays. Office location. Benefits of working for a small company. Opportunity to provide feedback.

Cons

Some departments, including HR, are in transition. Many projects are implemented without a through review. Industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to organize departments. Develop (or share) long term strategy, alongside monthly and quarterly initiatives.

"Annuity Specialist"

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The entire company is focused on providing excellent customer service. Hard work and dedication is recognized by all levels of management. Uncapped commission structure and opportunity to advance based on individual initiative and performance.

Cons

SenecaOne Finance has sustained over many years in a very competitive landscape. To be successful you have to stay focused through the highs and lows. Regardless of prior experience this is unique industry that requires perseverance in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the onboarding process for new employees as the company grows. Make additional ongoing training available to both junior and tenured employees.

"Geez, It's Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Seneca One Finance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Earning potential like no other inside sales job I have ever seen. great marketing and leads (though not always consistent). A lot more focus on training in the last year for new people -wasn't like that in the past. Goals and objectives are clear - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly. This is sales - hit your numbers and everything is great. Miss your numbers then you need to find a way to improve or move on. I think things are clear, the managers do what they can to help people (they get paid based on sales people being successful after all). Management asks for opinions and input and is pretty visible everyday. Very relaxed work place - casual, everybody knows everybody - at least here in Bethesda. Don't know about Florida office really

Cons

The company hires too many people who say they want to be sales people but who are not really sales oriented. They say they want to make money but they don't want to do the hard work it takes to make money. There isn't much sales training after you start. You tend to learn from the people who are successful.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people who don't want to work hard and push the weak folks out faster - they waste leads. Give the people who have been around a while more development opportunity.

"Annuity Analyst/ Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Seneca One Finance full-time

Pros

Seneca One offers its sales consultants the potential to generate a six figure income. They also motivate the team with substantial prizes to achieve certain goals. Sales managers generally support the team with positive reinforcement in training and client relations.

Cons

My greatest concerns while working with Seneca One were my personal beliefs in the service provided and the quarterly restructuring of the compensation plan (never in favor of the sales associate). Understanding there is a need for the service they provide, the corporate philosophy dictates maximizing the profit margin in a manner detrimental to the prospective customer. The corporate strategy bordered on unethical practices, in my humble opinion.

Advice to Management

If I were to offer any advice to management, it would be to consider implementing caps on transaction spreads/margins. This strategy may improve public perception of the company and the industry. Personally, I don't understand why the Federal Govt hasn't instituted consumer protections similar to those in other financial industries. Regarding compensation, sales consultants should not have to have their fingers crossed every 3 months in worry of their income structure.

10. "HR"

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senecaone is a great place to work! We always focus on professional development within every department. The managers are constantly looking for ways to help their teams grow and build leadership skills. We also have team lunches every month, happy hour events, summer and holiday parties throughout the year, and award ceremonies for the employees. I love the team that I work with, everyone goes out of their way to help each other and I honestly think that Senecaone is a great place for anyone to work!

Cons

There's tons of places to eat around us but they're a little pricey.

11. "Open Environment"

I have been working at Seneca One Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While the work can be demanding, the management is very accessible and open to feedback. The training is good and the assistance from my coworkers is excellent. Great opportunity to make very good money.

Cons

Benefits are good.. but expensive. A better 401k match would be nice.

Advice to Management

Push the benefit vendors to make sure we are getting the best bang for our buck. While I am sure that Healthcare Reform is making everything more expensive, there must be ways to bettering our plans.