KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Seneca Sawmill Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2021

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

3.8
Seneca Sawmill CEO Rick Re (no image)
Rick Re
  1. 5.0

Great

Aug 6, 2021 - Journeyman Millwright in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vacation and other benefits are great

Cons

Weekend shift for millwrights, you miss alot of family life

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best companies I’ve worked for.

May 5, 2021 - Infrastructure Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seneca Sawmill was an absolute pleasure to work for. Great pay and benefits. Excellent management and a company that really cared about their employees. The best part was the people who strived to work collaboratively and instill a sense of purpose.

Cons

Job duties were widely varied which involved putting on many different hats, but management was always there in ensure we weren’t in over our head.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Apr 19, 2021 - Recruitment in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is comraderie between the employees both in the office and in Production. The culture is to value hard work!

Cons

Production hours are market driven. The market is not slowing down this year.

4. 4.0

Review

Jan 10, 2021 - Planerman in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full-time, steady work, overtime is allowed

Cons

The market causes up and down work schedule

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good job

Oct 13, 2020 - Operator in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits great management

Cons

Long hours, lots of overtime

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Reviews

Nov 15, 2019 - Maintenance Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good family atmosphere great people

Cons

Upper management. People in place that should not be there

7. 4.0

Ok place

Jan 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, good people to work woth

Cons

Communication a big issue. Wanting to change culture but using same people to do it, making it difficult

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

One foot in the stone age and one on the leading edge

Apr 28, 2011 -  in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Private company with no debt which is able to move quickly to take advantage of opportunities. Very enviable spare parts inventory.

Cons

High stated commitment to quality, which often fails in the execution exp: grade scanner limitations require grading intervention by operators, yet overriding scanner very highly discouraged. This resulted in failing test by certification agency. Often ignores the "low hanging fruit" of employee satisfaction by not appearing to promote from within in a fair and equitable way. Decisions often seem to be based on favorites rather than the best person for the job being selected. Operations Management often appears to be afraid to lead, a lot is left to take care of itself rather than directing a outcome.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The wonderfull Seneca work experiance

Mar 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

They started me at a decent wage and I enjoyed the workout kept me fit most people I worked with were pleasant to be around.

Cons

They overworked me And I noticed a lot of vavorism with employees. They are crooked wen it comes to paying you and following rules they have set for everyone but they use it to their advantage. In my case I worked hard so that I could show potential but they over worked me even when I communicated I was beginning to feel fiscally overwhelmed. They blew me off and I was ignored, because of it I got a serious back injury in which I had to be placed on light duty. As soon as I was released from light dutty from doctor and came back they used a poor excuse of why they were suspending me and they dis not know for how long. Finally I received a call from them telling me how they actually decided they were just going to let me go. I was disappointed because I gave it all I had and I had perfect attendance. While on light duty I spoke to an alderly man who knew the owner personaly and had worked there most his life making over 30 dollars an hour they had him choose to be let go for no reason or take a wage cut to 17 dollars an hour till his retirement, he still had about 5 years to go. Lastly I remember Kent would tell me not to involve the HR lady at the front office with what would go on with me that he was also HR and to go to him ( I WONDER WHY HE WOULD TELL ME THAT) cover ups ? Sad sad sad

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Our future is growing

Mar 12, 2018 - Oiler in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits and career opportunities. Overall Seneca truly cares about their employees and surrounding communities.

Cons

Hard to place an application.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews