Cover image for Senior Helpers

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Senior Helpers Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Oct 4, 2021

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

78.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Senior Helpers~352148
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible hours Professional and Absolutely like family(in 25 reviews)
  • "friendly staff but didn't seem to know what they were doing and often my phone calls weren't returned.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Great people and clients the best(in 20 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule, love the clients, you are making a difference in the lives of a senior, never boring(in 17 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay for in office work $25/hr at Manlapan location to train new CHHA’s.(in 42 reviews)
  • "No Benefits for Home Health Aides but office staff has NICE package(in 22 reviews)
  • "The management is horrible at running things and don’t appear to care for neither their employees or clients.(in 20 reviews)
  • "This is a job that could have better communication(in 13 reviews)
  • "No training available(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Senior Helpers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Awesome Company to work for

Oct 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and a flexible schedule

Cons

None really that I can think of.

Marketing Director

We are so happy to hear you feel this way! Thank you for being a part of our Senior Helper's Family and for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it so much.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Better then a lot of home health companies around here.

Oct 4, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in St. George, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management communicates well, and has never yelled at me. They do yearly reviews which could get you a 25 cent raise. Flexible scheduling. I’ve never been denied or shamed for taking sick time.

Cons

High turnover resulting in under staffing (not unique to this place, most CNA’s move on to be nurses and they stop working during the school year or because pay is so low switching companies every few years is how you keep your pay up.) No insurance options.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Director

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for being a part of our Senior Helper's family. In regards to your schedule please speak with your office's management directly as we agree with you that we want you to be sure and have enough rest in a week as well. We are here to support you in any way we can. Thanks again!

3. Join the Senior Helpers team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Didn’t receive paycheck

Aug 17, 2021 - Caregiver in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

A few clients were really sweet, fairly flexible scheduling, decent way to gain caregiving experience

Cons

Difficult to get hours (worked 5-7 days a week for 3-6 hrs each day) staff change without communication to employees, didn’t receive paycheck in mail and management would not do anything so I have to get a lawyer just to get my ~$500 paycheck to buy college textbooks, not compensated for gas/mileage but want you to drive really far, always want you to take shifts last minute, some clients were creepy and you just have to walk into unfamiliar homes by yourself without any sort of briefing beforehand, overall would absolutely not recommend

Marketing Director

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can absolutely step in and assist in this matter. We are unable to identify you but if you could please email us shcommunications@seniorhelperscorp.com we will reach out to the local franchise owner to help get this resolved right away.

5. 5.0

Flexibly

Jul 25, 2021 - Home Health Aide
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have a flexible schedule, you take the hours you want. People I have been in contact with for the company are great.

Cons

No benefits available and lots of driving.

Marketing Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so pleased that you feel the people you have come in contact with through your position are great! We believe that our work in-home care is about helping our clients and their families improve their quality of life during the aging process, maintain peace of mind, and enjoy independence in their own homes. We thank you for helping us with that. Please feel free to discuss your driving and benefits with management at any time.

6. 5.0

Great communication

Apr 28, 2021 - Caregiver in Knoxville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules, no cold calls with new clients, good if not great communication between management and the caregivers in the field, good pay scale. Pays better than most in home healthcare companies.

Cons

Travel can sometimes be a little far

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

good company

Jul 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule and good management.

Cons

demanding, last minute schedule changes.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

OK

Apr 19, 2021 - Caregiver in New Kensington, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule; wonderful clients; minimal drive time between clients

Cons

understaffed; poor skillset of caregivers

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Jan 11, 2021 - Caregiver/Teacher in West Lafayette, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

A flexible schedule is wonderful

Cons

The pay could be a little better

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and serve

Jul 25, 2020 - Caregiver, CNA in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent schedule, flexible schedule friendly staff

Cons

Not much for pay but decent enough.

11. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

There are better home health options

Jun 30, 2020 - Caregiver in Winter Park, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can pick up temporary shifts if you want a flexible schedule

Cons

Compensation for the amount of work you do is not fair. The staff is very rude and unfriendly, they talk about other caregivers when they're not there. Schedule person lacks communication skills and is very rude and lazy.

2 people found this review helpful