Senior Life Insurance Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Life Insurance Company Co-Founder & CEO Dale R. Powell
Dale R. Powell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • For the customer Senior Life Insurance offers the most complete package of plans customized for seniors of all needs (in 9 reviews)

• The Home Office support is very good and the leadership from the Powell's and my RVP Charlie Speller has been more that I could have asked for (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Life Insurance Company's structure is NOT designed for you to profit or even get the renewals and pay-thru they promise (in 4 reviews)

• If you want to make money, go to another company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Outstanding Company and Leadership"

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

I have been working at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I first contracted with Senior Life 13 years ago as a part-timer. I went full-time about 1 year ago and it is been an great experience.

The Home Office support is very good and the leadership from the Powell's and my RVP Charlie Speller has been more that I could have asked for. They provide all the support that one needs to succeed. You have to supply your work ethic and the formula works. It's a proven system. DP

Cons

I don't have any Cons to note. I have seen constant progress from the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Insurance Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Gulfport, MS
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Gulfport, MS

I worked at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pick your own hours, work at your own pace
    Done done done
    Hated management

Cons

They sold outdated leads
    No real support

Advice to Management

Sell real leads

3. "Stay Away!!!!"

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

Pros

NONE........ ABSOLUTELY NONE

Cons

If you are an agent, looking information about Seniors Life because they offer you "The best training, leads and company support" BEWARE!!! They are scammers they do not do what they say. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR COMMISSIONS WITH NON SENSE OBJECTIONS and the only answer will be READ YOUR CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING. Again if you are an agent looking for a new company to add to your portfolio THIS IS NOT A GOOD OPTION FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2017 – Marketing

In general, if you sign a contract, the law presumes that you read it and comprehended it. Signing documents without looking them over can result in unexpected consequences. It’s important to... More

"Fantastic opportunity if you are willing to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leads, full product line, home office support. Great system to earn a substantial income if you are willing to follow a proven business system.

Cons

Like all business systems takes time & effort to learn.

Advice to Management

Prepare for new records to be set!

Feb 20, 2017 – Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. We are dedicated to providing our agents with the support they need to be successful.

5. "I was told not to get a job"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This requires the insurance agent to have a car. I was told not to get a second job. I come from the world where I was paid 100% upfront and the to go to 80 is absurd but not only that they only forward you 60% of that. I want to build a team and they are giving me no help. I have a second job to supplementy income til I can say bye to other .

Some.of the managers are arrogant and it doesn't help build rapport between the agent and the manager.

Cons

Need to be paid on submission
    Pay more than 700 per app and household
    Your system to upload is trash; home office never knows when apps have been uploaded!

Advice to Management

Better training and less talking about God on the call. Give real training instead of sermons

Feb 23, 2017 – Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. One of the best aspects of working with Senior Life Insurance Company is the opportunity to build your own business. When it comes to... More

"Never Again"

Former Employee - Life Agent in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Life Agent in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time

Pros

Manager is nice ,
    Close to home
    Nice office

Cons

Have to write too many policies just to make a substantial income $500

Feb 20, 2017 – Marketing

If you have any specific suggestions or feedback we would like to know more about your experience. Best of luck to you.

"Final Expense Agent"

Pros

Independent Contractor Status, Freedom to set own schedule, Commission Structure decent for starting agents.

Cons

Leads were stale dated, old and some of the prospects were either dead or phone numbers were out of order.

Advice to Management

This is an Independent Contractor position and Agents should not be Micro-Managed.

Feb 13, 2017 – Marketing

We like to be transparent about our lead system. We work diligently to provide quality leads for our agents so that they can demonstrate their ability to close sales. We understand this system is... More

8. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Communications in Thomasville, GA
    Current Employee - Communications in Thomasville, GA

Pros

I work at the Home Office and people are friendly, kind and helpful. Management is open to ideas and respectful of everyone. They are always trying to find ways to encourage and keep employees motivated. It really does feel like a family.

My role is a new one for the company and I have been encouraged to submit ideas and implement them on my own, giving me the ability to be creative and grow. This is rarely seen in any company.

HR is amazing. I have never seen an HR so in tune with the employees and very accessible. They care about the families of the employees, have priorities in place.

I see a few complaints from Field Agents on Glassdoor, but these complaints are rarely heard in the Home Office. Agents in the field do call on management if they are struggling in the field - and even the President tries to help. Not everyone is cut out to be an independent agent or they simply didn't ask for help. The doors are open at the very top here because our agents are important, and the founders are field agents.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Feb 8, 2017 – Marketing

We are so grateful to have you as part of the Senior Life team! Thank you for the great review, we are so happy to know that you feel respected and appreciated because you certainly are!

9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time

Pros

Welcoming workplace, friendly coworkers, and an atmosphere of growth. The company is hands on and constantly seeking improvement.

Cons

Have not had any real issues.

Feb 13, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for the thoughtful and positive review!

"Would not do it"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to meet exciting new clients.

Cons

The whole process from leads to all the travel out of pocket.

Feb 13, 2017 – Marketing

There is a process to becoming successful at Senior Life that does indeed require financial participation on behalf of our agents. We value being as transparent as possible about this and... More