Senior Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The product to beat, now with the backing to do more."

Current Employee - Manager, Client Services in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Manager, Client Services in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Senior Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked for Senior-Systems for 9 years and they've given me the opportunity to steadily take on more responsibility. The work environment is excellent, with colleagues who can challenge you. There is a constant desire to innovate, and from the other managers I constantly hear a desire to be at the top of the market.

Cons

We were acquired at the beginning of the year, and that transition has been unsettling for some employees -- we've lost some good people who didn't want to ride it out. It will take some time to fully integrate, but the upside is that we have much broader talent to draw upon and deeper resources to support us while we develop the next generation of our software.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the goal, and keep taking obstacles out of the way.

"Good Money, Terrible Benefits"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist

I worked at Senior Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are very few pros at this company. Coming to Senior Systems offered a 25% pay increase from my previous employer. They also have bagel Fridays, so I guess that's a plus.

Cons

Where to begin?
    1. There is little to no room for advancement
    2. There is no real training program
    3. The staff are miserable which bleeds into their work and their customer service. Not only that, having to work with misogynistic men who have no respect for female peers is demoralizing, demeaning, and not acceptable.
    4. The people managers were not trained to be people managers, and appear to have been promoted by default
    5. The "benefits". What a joke. Unlimited sick time is a scam. $900/month for family health insurance!? There aren't really any other benefits
    6. In my exit interview I was asked about the "culture" of the company. There is no culture. No expectations are enforced. The staff does what they want and no one in management bats an eye.

The company was bought out and it seems to have gone downhill even further since the "merger". If it was bad before, I can't even imagine what it's like now.

Advice to Management

Jump ship

3. "Mediocre Company"

I worked at Senior Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Casual and low pressure work environment

Cons

Compensation was too low and company was not interested in investing in employees.

Advice to Management

Management has changed after I left and is now owned by venture capital.

"Company recently sold and there are problems"

I have been working at Senior Systems full-time

Pros

Great boss, interesting work, nice co-workers.

Cons

We were just acquired by a 3rd party who is removed from what our original company did. They are laying people off without thought. Bad environment right now.

"New Management Must Learn Business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlboro, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlboro, MA

I have been working at Senior Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working customer facing is rewarding. I like to be able to help clients solve their problems and improve their processes.

Cons

Company was just purchased by a venture capital group. Merged with other companies that are supposed to be a complete solution for clients. But, it is all about the money as venture capital usually is.....layoffs before the first paycheck from the new company. Uncertainty rampant. Unreasonable sales goals because they don't know the clients and the sales timeline. Company is not hiring now to replace people as they leave so it will jsut get worse

Advice to Management

Step back....make a long term plan and fix things that have been broken (of course you have to find out what these are first....take the time!). Current direction is only downward. Customer support will suffer and that is the companies real strength. You will need to hire to support the sales goals. Customers have high support expectations.

"Horrible Product, Horrible People"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Senior Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any. I had a window seat, I guess. The interview was stupidly easy. But this is a company that screwed me over seven ways from Sunday and it's asking a lot to find 20 words of pro comment.

Cons

Miserable, shady, stupid, finger pointing and incompetent. The worst, most condescending management who made me fight tooth and nail, ignoring my calls and calling the police when I showed up to get a re-issue of my last paycheck when the first one wasn't signed and caused my bank to overdraft. They then placed a hold on the second check. They completely did not even pay me the severance that was promised.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your butts.

"Things used to be great."

I have been working at Senior Systems full-time

Pros

As the remaining employees stick together, it's apparent what sort of working environment it used to be. There used to be a family environment here.

Cons

We were purchased in November and since then things have gone to hell in a hand basket. Medical is now $900/family plan per month for very basic coverage. They took away our 401k match and expect everyone to work harder without any motivation to make up for the SIXTEEN people that have left since January 1 (eight of which were let go).

Advice to Management

At least pretend to care. Wake up - this will backfire on you when everyone leaves.

"New employee great place to work"

Current Employee - Crystal Reports Developer in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Crystal Reports Developer in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Senior Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process went smooth. Good training to get up to speed. My boss is a good guy
    His door is always open and he is easy to talk to. Senior Systems has good benefits and a nice space to work. Employees are very knowledgeable and helpful. Working on new projects. Check it out there looking for good people. ask for patty

Cons

I haven't seen a down side.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Massachusetts in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Massachusetts in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Senior Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are great. People really know how to work as a team and support each other. There is potential for growth in each department. The benefits have really gotten to be impressive over the last year. I have been enjoying working here for over 3 years.

Cons

There are not many. If you work hard, it will pay off.

Advice to Management

Continue to acknowledge your staff's successes and accomplishments - this goes a long way to those that are working hard for you.

10. "You'll Like It or Hate It"

I worked at Senior Systems full-time

Pros

Established company with moderate customer base. Lots of long term employees, good place if you are looking for a traditional 8 to 5 type job with little or no change in the day to day.

Cons

The products, management and policies are established, somewhat out of date, and have remained the same for a very long time. You'll either like it or hate it, not many people find a middle ground. Don't expect the typical benefits that most tech companies currently use to attract talent (flex hours, bonuses, tuition reimbursement, etc).

Advice to Management

Hire some new senior executives to bring in some new ideas.