Sensiba San Filippo Reviews | Glassdoor

John D. Sensiba

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The partners and management treat everyone the way they want to be treated. Great working environment and camaraderie.

Cons

Driving to and from the offices across the Bay Area can be stressful since there's always congestion on the freeways.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job

Aug 15, 2017 – Manager, Human Resources

What a nice review. Thank you for sharing your feedback! We'll keep working on creative ways to keep Bay Area travel to a minimum and we are always open to your suggestions so feel free to approach... More

2. "Extremely accommodating, ensure their people are happy in their role!"

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique culture, friendly & encouraging coworkers, fun events regularly, growth opportunities

Cons

Nothing that you wouldn't find in any other work environment, however, SSF goes above and beyond to ensure that their employees and clients are satisfied.

"SSF is a sham and a racist company"

I worked at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No talent
    Lack of direction
    Fake
    Manipulative
    Squeeze both clients and employees to fill the pockets of partners

Cons

SSF take their clients for a ride. They dont treat their staff well. They have inflated egos and dont like to hear the truth.

Advice to Management

You guys deserved to be out of business. You guys lack talent and fake. The clients and the industry knows it!

Aug 3, 2017 – Manager, Human Resources

We are sorry that this former employee feels this way and have looked into the comments made. SSF just received the results of our first third-party Client Satisfaction survey which resulted in a... More

"tax staff"

Former Employee - Tax Staff in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Staff in San Jose, CA

Pros

benefits, good environment , good place to start

Cons

not diverse enough, not interactive enough

"Company Culture"

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great work life balance and very flexible.

Cons

There are some weeks where you will be more busy than the other but I believe that is everywhere.

6. "Tax Associate"

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo full-time

Pros

The working hours are flexible.

Cons

The firm is comparably small.

"AP/AR Administrator"

Former Employee - AP/AR Administrator in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - AP/AR Administrator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO was the best nicest person and best place to work.

Cons

Need to provide good training, Communication, respect and team work.

"Do your due diligence before letting SSF hire you because you might get fired as fast as you get hired."

I worked at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the Audit associates are very nice hard working people. Some people from the Tax department are very very nice indeed.

Cons

I worked at SSF for less than 8 months. I didn't know why i got so much hate from my Performance Manager. I have to agree with one of the previous reviewers about too much culture of entitlement at SSF. It is sad but it's true. You can see that there is no communication between Asians working there and the rest of the crowd. I really had high expectations from SSF as a professional company. I really don't see that. I am glad they dismissed me. i should thank them for doing that. No real grudge there except that most of the firing decisions are never based on the professional aptitude but just on whether your performance manager likes you as a person or not. I would advice you to do your homework before embarking on an experience with SSF.

Advice to Management

Rethink your approach. It is not working. This is unwanted publicity that you could have avoided by being more transparent in your decision making .

"Too much culture of entitlement and suttle discrimination again minorities unless you bring in $$$$$"

Pros

Some great associates, Managers, Senior Manger and some partners. That's about it

Cons

Too much entitlement culture. Rules are not followed. If you are somebody who brings $$$$, then you can break all the rules. Too many closed door and people are talking about others. Very tough if you are a minority. They do hire Chinese people to get them green card and make them work like indentured servants.Too late to change the culture. People don't even say good morning to each other unless your are their buddies.. Subtle discrimination when you are a minority or if you are from China. Your job is to shut and do the taxes and go home. Even the seating they segregate. Chinese employed doing tax in one area and non foreigners in one.. very few interaction. In meetings, managing partner says all the things about being professional but none of that in reality if you bring in $$$$

Advice to Management

If you have rules, no one is supposed to break them. Everybody needs to respect the rules, be it local rules, State Law and Federal Laws.

Aug 8, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

We thank this reviewer for taking the time to share their feedback with us. In response to these claims, we are conducting a thorough investigation and will take appropriate action. Discrimination... More

"You want to work here!"

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sensiba San Filippo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with SSF for a few years now and I am still just as excited to be here, if not more, than I was when I first started. If you like to work hard and play hard, this is the firm for you! The potential for growth within SSF is limitless, and up to you. The culture throughout the firm is very team oriented and being a leader is definitely encouraged. One of my favorite things about SSF is we are able to express our ideas and they are taken into serious consideration. It could be anything from a new snack idea in our fully stocked kitchen, to a process that isn’t working and you may have found a better solution. As if that wasn’t enough, SSF also has awesome events throughout the year for our clients and for us, mostly us!

Cons

As with any CPA firm, we do have VERY busy periods throughout the year, depending on what department you are in. As for me, I am part of our Tax department, and our VERY busy months are February to April and middle of August to October. With all the other perks working at SSF, the busy periods are worth it, and go by so fast.

Advice to Management

A better bonus pool for the Administrative Staff would be amazing!!!