Sensient Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 4, 2018

3.8
Paul Manning

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Sensient offers great opportunities for growth, pay and benefits" (in 13 reviews)

• "Good pay provides uniforms and boots" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "no work-life balance; pace not sustainable, but good for experience" (in 12 reviews)

• "Strict Dress Code - to me, this is not a con because I enjoy looking my best" (in 21 reviews)

"Employee"

Current Employee - Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They hire smart, passionate, innovative people. Leadership is caring and understanding. Great pay and benefits. Always adding new perks and looking at industry standards to give us the best perks or benefits. They run the business very smart so we can continue to be successful and be around for a long time.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep looking ahead and making good decisions.

2. "Great place to grow"

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time

Pros

Great team environment , always challenged to be the best

Cons

Too many emails, need to standardize processes across company

"Fast pace and high performance culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard, be challenged and get rewarded.

Cons

Continually changing market and business priorities

Advice to Management

Continue to support, reward and retain your high performers

"Rewarded and Engaged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is greater focus on employee retention.
    The passion to innovate and the focus on customers is refreshing! Entrepreneurial mindsets are embraced and performance is rewarded.
    Outstanding onboarding for new employees. This is given strong priority and is the best I've ever seen.

Cons

Continue the focus on process documentation to embed within the organization, as well as focus on upgrading systems.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and reward collaboration as well as driving programs for improved retention.

"Dynamic Company and Environment"

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sensient offers an excellent career opportunity. Employees are encouraged to develop their own career path and share it annually with Management/HR to outline a plan for success. The opportunity to work short-term or permanently in other countries is also a nice perk for those who desire. Even lateral transitions into other job functions is common. Management has always been supportive of a work/life balance.

The industries that Sensient serves are dynamic and provide a constant stream of excitement to your everyday job. Collaboration with your colleagues is a huge plus. The workforce is very career-driven which makes it a breeze to get things done collectively. I truly enjoy working with the vast majority of my co-workers, much better than any previous place of employment.

Compensation is highly competitive, and as noted previously, there are always opportunities to attain a higher level/salary. The vacation policy is most generous-- MUCH better than other places I've worked. Benefits are above the norm as well. Every year, my spouse and I compare plans and mine wins time after time.

If you're a driven person who is seeking a long career with a multitude of opportunities, I highly recommend.

Cons

Some aren't fans of the business formal dress code but I quickly got used to it.

"Sensient is a company of numerous opportunities"

Current Employee - Technical in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Technical in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Sensient, you are given the chance to pursue various career paths that will help you better yourself and drive professional growth. You are challenged to think differently and make decisions, to become a well rounded individual. Due to the number of different markets Sensient services, there is a lot of cross-learning between business units.

Cons

Communication throughout the organization could be improved.

Advice to Management

Provide guidance to people who may not know what they want to do and help them with career succession plans.

"New Employee Review"

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time

Pros

Quick recruiting process - within 24 hours of speaking with a Sensient Recruiter, I received a call back to schedule a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Approximately 48 hours after my phone interview, I received an email from the Recruiter requesting my availability for an onsite interview. Within 48 hours after my onsite interview, I had an offer in hand. Super fast interview process unlike other companies that keep you waiting for weeks.

The work here is challenging and I continue to learn and grow at a fast pace. You have the opportunity to grow at Sensient if you own your career and take initiative and there are opportunities to develop processes and procedures.

The high ethical standards are evident and those that do not exhibit these standards will likely not last long at the company. The pay is fair and the work life balance is appropriate for my position level in the company.

Cons

The dress code (suits required) and office environment are a bit stiff; however, my peers are friendly and respectful.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to engage employees. Engaged employees deliver the best results.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you desire to work for company that is fast paced, executes on decisions immediately and gives you every opportunity to explore different career paths, then Sensient is the company for you. In my short two year tenure, I have had the chance to advance my career as well as take on exciting challenges. This organization is focusing on their employees and making sure they have a venue to express their career goals. The atmosphere is dynamic and you are empowered to make decisions that provide value to you and the organization. Every organization has its ups and downs, but I believe the future is very bright for this company.

Cons

Nothing that is significant enough that it is worth mentioning

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee engagement and creating career paths for those who want to grow in the organization

"Work Hard, Get Rewarded"

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time

Pros

Challenging work environment, lots of exposure to key areas of the business. Talented work teams---friendly environment. If you work hard you will get noticed and have an opportunity to further your career.

Cons

Can't be a "passenger". Must deliver results.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating at all levels.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sensient Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership at the top that helps create a positive culture supporting integrity, entrepreneurship, accountability, collaboration, and talent development. CEO leads by example and personally delivers training workshops for management and high potential talent worldwide. Comp. & benefits package is above average.

Cons

Several IT systems are outdated

Advice to Management

Invest more in support functions to improve systems, training, and employee development.