Sentara Health Reviews
71% would recommend to a friend
(1492 total reviews)
What people are saying about Sentara Health
Got a burning question about Sentara Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sentara Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Sentara offers great benefits to their employees and will pay 90% of insurance premiums if you are on the lowest tier of pay." (in 211 reviews)
- "For the most part my coworkers all great people and always willing to help out wherever and with whatever is needed." (in 55 reviews)
- "Lots of great people with a wealth of knowledge to cheer you on in you endeavor to succeed in this industry." (in 54 reviews)
- "The staff are great and awesome!" (in 30 reviews)
- "My manager is great; however, I feel that I should be making a little more." (in 27 reviews)
- "They are constantly understaffed and the pay is low." (in 98 reviews)
- "Poor management with disorganization." (in 88 reviews)
- "Long hours and short" (in 21 reviews)
- "Senior leadership continues to decay over the years." (in 20 reviews)
- "My manager was great, but upper management only cared about what was going to benefit them even if they have to lie, deceive and cheat you." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sentara Health and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,492 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Patient TransporterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearVirginia Beach, VA
Really great work environment. A lot of really wonderful people Good hours and a lot of room for growth
High turnover so you got a lot of different people.
- 5.0Nov 9, 2023Technical Support Specialist IICurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChesapeake, VA
Great, close-knit teams, solid pay, tons of benefits to being in healthcare areas like vaccinations.
Processes can be a little slow moving sometimes when interfacing with wider Sentara ecosystem.
- 5.0Sep 30, 2023ED TechCurrent Employee
Love the position, learn lots in a short period. Love the coworkers. Very helpful
Low pay, lots to do. Componsation not appropriate for amount of work
- 5.0Sep 26, 2023Information Systems AnalystCurrent Employee
Welcoming and supportive work environment Great help with skill development Great benefits Flexible work schedule
Fixed hours for part-time employees
- 5.0Sep 14, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent EmployeeHampton, VA
Great benefits, great people, lots of autonomy
Cons you would have at any job! Coworker rivalry, hours, difficult customers
Sentara Health Reviews FAQs
Sentara Health has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,576 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Sentara Health to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
71% of Sentara Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sentara Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.