Sentara Health Reviews
71% would recommend to a friend
(1492 total reviews)
What people are saying about Sentara Health
Got a burning question about Sentara Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sentara Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Sentara offers great benefits to their employees and will pay 90% of insurance premiums if you are on the lowest tier of pay." (in 211 reviews)
- "For the most part my coworkers all great people and always willing to help out wherever and with whatever is needed." (in 55 reviews)
- "Lots of great people with a wealth of knowledge to cheer you on in you endeavor to succeed in this industry." (in 54 reviews)
- "The staff are great and awesome!" (in 30 reviews)
- "My manager is great; however, I feel that I should be making a little more." (in 27 reviews)
- "They are constantly understaffed and the pay is low." (in 98 reviews)
- "Poor management with disorganization." (in 88 reviews)
- "Long hours and short" (in 21 reviews)
- "Senior leadership continues to decay over the years." (in 20 reviews)
- "My manager was great, but upper management only cared about what was going to benefit them even if they have to lie, deceive and cheat you." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sentara Health and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,492 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Patient TransporterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearVirginia Beach, VA
Really great work environment. A lot of really wonderful people Good hours and a lot of room for growth
High turnover so you got a lot of different people.
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Mental Health AssociateFormer EmployeeHarrisonburg, VA
Sentara was a great place to gain experience and the team was wonderful to work with
The salary was not a fair wage
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNorfolk, VA
Orientation process is thorough. Coworkers are kind. 12hr shifts X3 a week.
Management can be overbearing at times.
- 4.0Nov 22, 2023Patient Access RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearVirginia Beach, VA
The hospital and team I worked at understood life, family, and would work with anything that came up.
The employees who cause a lot of issues never seem to get reprimanded appropriately and continue to bully and chase out the wonderful people who do work hard and are kind.
- 1.0Nov 15, 2023Business AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Pays money, a place to work
Management does not like any negative feedback at all, micromanagement, not enough relevant training
Sentara Health Reviews FAQs
Sentara Health has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,576 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Sentara Health to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
71% of Sentara Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sentara Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.