The latest conversations about Healthcare
Patient Care Technician
Healthcare jobs are not what they used to be. Mental illness is at an all time high and Covid are major factors. I tried switching to day shift this year from night shift for years and I don’t see how y’all do it. Caffeine is the most popular drug. I will be going back to nights where I belong. I wish y’all the best of luck!
Today was frustrating. Our pumps keep breaking, couldn't find one, seriously was counting gtt to get a pt their meds going. That was one of those med-math lessons in nursing School I never thought I'd actually use. Computers weren't working. Epic kept freezing. Today technology sucked. 👎👎. But tomorrow is Sunday..so I'm going to bed and praying tomorrow is better.
Got a burning question about Sentara? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sentara employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Sentara offers great benefits to their employees and will pay 90% of insurance premiums if you are on the lowest tier of pay." (in 198 reviews)
- "For the most part my coworkers all great people and always willing to help out wherever and with whatever is needed." (in 55 reviews)
- "Lots of great people with a wealth of knowledge to cheer you on in you endeavor to succeed in this industry." (in 53 reviews)
- "The staff are great and awesome!" (in 30 reviews)
- "My manager is great; however, I feel that I should be making a little more." (in 27 reviews)
- "They are constantly understaffed and the pay is low." (in 94 reviews)
- "Poor management with disorganization." (in 90 reviews)
- "Low salary and lots of work." (in 21 reviews)
- "Long hours and short" (in 19 reviews)
- "My manager was great, but upper management only cared about what was going to benefit them even if they have to lie, deceive and cheat you." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sentara and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 181 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Nov 7, 2013Administrative AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNewport News, VA
Very employee centric. Careful researched and implemented cost saving measures in down times to save employee jobs. Great benefits to both full and part time employees.
Lengthy interview and hiring process.