Found 210 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Sentara
Got a burning question about Sentara? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sentara employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Sentara offers great benefits to their employees and will pay 90% of insurance premiums if you are on the lowest tier of pay." (in 206 reviews)
- "For the most part my coworkers all great people and always willing to help out wherever and with whatever is needed." (in 54 reviews)
- "Lots of great people with a wealth of knowledge to cheer you on in you endeavor to succeed in this industry." (in 52 reviews)
- "The staff are great and awesome!" (in 35 reviews)
- "My manager is great; however, I feel that I should be making a little more." (in 26 reviews)
- "They are constantly understaffed and the pay is low." (in 101 reviews)
- "Poor management with disorganization." (in 87 reviews)
- "Long hours and short" (in 20 reviews)
- "Senior leadership continues to decay over the years." (in 19 reviews)
- "My manager was great, but upper management only cared about what was going to benefit them even if they have to lie, deceive and cheat you." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sentara and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "low pay"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Feb 24, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
management is pretty supportive Provides good benefits at a pretty reduced rate
Pay is very low not only for the cost of living but also much lower than the national average short staffed high nurse patient ratios to keep productivity high